He’s Having a Baby

June 6th, 2009

He’s Having a Baby - Babies

Proof that a man can be too supportive.

(submitted by John)

349 Responses to “He’s Having a Baby”

1. Kelton Baker says:

This reminds me of the time at work when a co-worker in the cubicle next to me proudly showed me some photos taken of her pregnant body, sans clothing. The photos were professionally taken in good taste for the subject, and I have to admit that she did look very lovely, but it was awkward to offer her any response; I mean, I wasn’t even warned that I would be seeing her completely naked!

2. Clyde says:

I say, give him a Santa hat, Hang a jingle Bell off something and use it for a Holiday Card.
    Ho Ho HO !

3. Leslie says:

OMG so creeped out! SOOOOOO creeped out!!! Eww.

4. MarQ says:

Hmmm, I feel creeped out by the way they’re looking down at my comment…….

5. Recycled Wench says:

Most awkward I’ve ever seen. I gotta ask – to whom do you show this photo?

6. Vanessa says:

Anyone consider that maybe it was the PHOTOGRAPHERS “vision” to put them in such an awkard position in the nude?

7. Jess213 says:

If this is how they want to take their pictures, so be it…
    It’s NOT like we are paying for it. Let them be!

8. Caitlin says:

I think the idea is classy I guess but the position is a bit akward. He just seems uncomferatble. But the idea is nice, maybe if the position was better, the photo would be MUCH better.

9. Pratt says:

the “nip slip” she provided for the camera is obviously no way accidental.

just curious if the “professional” photographer did the poor Photoshopping job to cover her nipple or if this website did it…

10. sg says:

vertical spooning = very awkward photo. this will haunt my dreams.

11. pattie says:

can’t wait to see the birth announcements!

12. Jen says:

Whatev, Jen G. I just about fell out my chair when I saw this photo!

13. Beanie says:

I don’t know, I kind of like this picture. In my humble opinion, I gotta give him credit for doing this. But hey, thats just me.

14. Roxanne says:

15. Get over it, SHE is having the baby, not you!

16. Jessie says:

it would have been funny if she were holding his belly….lol…

17. Clee says:

My God, is that Tim Wakefield?

18. Inspired says:

I don’t know, my wife is preggers and this photo kinda makes me want to do something similar…maybe we’ll try another position, er, I mean pose!

19. OSUDamian says:

We’ll be putting this on the kid’s wedding slide show :)

20. Stuart says:

I think it’s nice that Anthony Edwards and his wife decided to share that here.

21. Jay says:

I suppose the camera is going into the delivery room too. 2nd family picture?? Please don’t invite me in.

22. KDunn says:

Well… it would make an interesting Christmas card photo…

23. lagrange says:

didn’t this “pose” get her pregnant????

24. Cheri says:

What the heck are they looking at?

25. Copy This! says:

I think that dude was my manager when I worked at Kinko’s. Hey Frank! Way to go!

26. Heather says:

Ugh! This is just wrong in everyway. I enjoyed my pregnancies but I did not like any photo taken of me during that time. I can’t imagine seeing me in all my bloated glory! Eeeewwww!!! And why the husband needs to be naked too?? It’s beyond weird and awkward.

On a different note, it sure made me laugh!!!!

27. RevPilgrim says:

Yeah, this one just doesn’t do it for me. As I stated in a previous post that seems to have been mysteriously deleted, just because something is in black in white doesn’t make it suddenly artistic or profound. There’s really no way around this but to say it’s awkward. Ultimately if fails as an artistic piece I think.

And for all those out there who assume that anyone who disagrees with them on this must be a teenager: I’m 40 and married with children.

28. Farewell says:

Some things are better left in pajamas

29. Wally says:

Wow, for a moment, I thought this was a picture of the conception……

30. ray says:

It’s gotta be a joke right?? They can’t be serious??

31. Dawn says:

We absolutely LOVE this photo and hope to reproduce it now that we are old and just fat! Definitely in the Christmas Card Catagory!!!!!!!!

• Lindsey says:

oh that is awesome. please post it on here.

• Tim says:

..Oh, God, please DON’T!!

• Jennabobenna says:

omg, I almost lost my balance and fell over when I read that. hahahahaha!
          Can I possibly get on your Christmas card mailing list?

• Sue says:

Me three!

• Ok . . . says:

Wait . . . you almost lost your balance? I, personally, like to sit down when I’m on the computer. If you can’t keep your balance while standning and typing, please sit down! Don’t hurt yourself!
            I wouldn’t even trust you’ll be safe with that Christmas card, so I’ll make sure they cancel your mail request.

• Lisa says:

Well now you have given me a great idea…
      I just got a musical elf hat, and I’m thinking me and hubby in those hats and nothing else would be great for Christmas greetings.

32. JenG says:

Guess I am alone then that when I was pregnant – I felt sexier than ever. For those of you moms who just feel ‘I just used my reproductive system’ and not that you did something amazing, I feel for you.

Besides- this is a photograph- it is not a picture of a photograph on a wall. I wonder if they even plan to show their future babies?

In anycase- I stand firm. Not awkward.

• Michael says:

HAHHAAA, you have no humor…..the fact that they went to the studio to commit this crime is hilarious!! THis picture is painfully ACKWARD.

• Missy says:

Being pregnant was one of my favourite stages in life – but I certainly didn’t feel like Mother Earth! After all, about 50 trillion women have lived in the history of the world, so it makes me a little less special, you know?

Gotta keep the species going. And these two did their part, recording it for future posterity. Boy did they ever.

33. Vicki says:

You know what everyone is entitled to feel the way they want to, it is your GOD given right, and if you stop and think about it, if everyone was exactly the same, did the exact same thing everywhere everyday, think how boring life would be !!! IT TAKES ALL KINDS TO MAKE THE WORLD GO AROUND!!!

• PeanutbutterJoe says:

Chill with your CAPS. WE ARE ALL SMART ENOUGH TO GET YOUR MESSAGE WITHOUT YOUR CAPS! And why don’t you keep “GOD” out of it while you’re at it. God given right? What are you smoking? Since when did “GOD” start handing out rights. Derrrrrrrrrrrr

34. Waldman, Jacquie says:

What are they starring at?

35. gmcfly says:

They are kind of hot, you have to admit.

36. Sam says:

And HE SHAVED! Enough said

37. Hmmmmm says:

I’ve been pregnant and see the pregnant body as very beautiful…but this is just plain goofy :oS

38. Kim says:

“And here’s how we got you sweetheart…”

39. Jeff says:

Also…flat lighting is not the most flattering choice for a portrait like this. Some well placed shadows could have helped make this portrait less awkward…maybe….

40. cal says:

ok…awkward to the nth degree!

41. shifty says:

can you imagine if your parents had this picture made when you were a fetus then sprang it on you at your sweet 16 bday. yikes.

42. Vickie says:

How awkward must the photographer have felt ?!?!

43. Not Another Failed Bit, Please!!! says:

Forget cow bell, this pic needs more compound bow!!!

44. Zla says:

I think the answer of their love is a baby!

45. Heino says:

Oh… my… God

46. cricket says:

It would have seemed weird if he was dressed or even partially dressed, but seems even weirder with him naked… its just a no win all around.

As for the cross-bow troll… As mom used to say about schoolyard bullies and pests, just ignore them because it’s attention they’re looking for.

47. JenG says:

I don’t know- seems to me that most of you are 14 years old or something. Those of us who have gone through pregnancy and have children know how beautiful it is to be pregnant. Also those of us with spouses who appreciate our bodies, our children, and our ability to do something as incredible as produce another human being also know how beautiful it is.

While perhaps not everyones cup of tea, definitely not an awkward photo. They both seem to be very at ease.

• kim says:

You’re kidding, right?

• J says:

I’m much older than 14 and this is most definitely awkward no matter how old you are…Who does that…

• irene says:

This guy is just “nuts” or were are they?

• Sab says:

hahaha! My thoughts exactly kim! I have 3 kids; loved my prego belly. I’ve seen some really cute prego belly photos. But this is just…..uncomfortable.

• Brian says:

Although I agree with JenG’s comments in regards to the beauty of pregnancy and appreciating my wife’s body and changes and such… I DO NOT agree with the fact that you should go to some photographer and have them photograph that. Have your wife photographed by you while in the privacy of your own home. This is awkward and the child in the belly doesn’t need to see this later in life either. It’s not going to be beautiful to them!

• AndreaM says:

I totally agree with you Brian! While I thoroughly enjoyed my pregnancy belly during all 3 of my pregnancies, and my husband never thought I was sexier, this is abnormal. This child does not need to have a visual for the rest of it’s life of how it was created! I’m all for beauty and creativity but why did they have to be totally nude?

• Pats says:

Please do not put me into your “those of us who have gone through pregnancy,” category.

• blueelm says:

What I think makes this photo awkward is the attempt to cover the “naughty” bits while being naked. It is hard to make an argument for the beauty of the human body when the figures have downcast eyes, are covering up with their hands and pressing together to hide his very naked masculinity. The attempt to look “tastefully nude” makes this awkward, because the tasteful part is full of the kind of modest shame about the body that you’re arguing against. As far as the beauty of the pregnant body I don’t believe that the pregnant body is any more beautiful than any human body. If you are not the kind of person who would have a nude portrait when you are not pregnant you’re going to get an awkward pregnant nude photo, and this photo is really quite awkward.

• Rachel M. says:

Um yeah….I’m a parent, I loved being pregnant. But I really don’t need my guest thinking about how I CONCEIVED my child. The husband being naked is completely unnecessary.

• Brenda says:

I have given birth twice, sweetheart, and that does not make me or you or any other woman who has given birth Mother Earth. It means we used our functioning reproductive system. That photo is beyond awkward. I can just imagine trying to explain to my husband how I wanted to pose for this picture. LOL!

• Kristina says:

Well, I’ve gone through pregnancy and have a child, and I certainly didn’t feel beautiful. Rather, I kind of felt like a beached whale that sprouted legs.

Way to lump me into a category I didn’t want to be lumped into. >.<

Also: This is still an awkward photo.

• Karen says:

Dear JenG
      I don’t think you should be on this site cause I think you’ve missed the point. There is obvious humor in this picture. I’ve seen the naked pregnant belly pictures before but they usually involve fully clothed people with the belly exposed (not awkward but beautiful). This however, completely ridiculous and submitted for good reason.

• DMuney says:

this is what i’m not getting. why would someone without a sense of humor be on this site…looking at these photos? …maybe awkward isn’t a strong enough word. lol

• Amy says:

i agree

• Cassidy says:

Haha I’m 14…
      I just thought I could possibly be a little useful here…

• DiceGypsy says:

I think it’s a beautiful photo.

I do however understand that when it is put up on a sight like this it is meant to be the subject of comments for people that find it awkward, so I understand why most of the people here talk about it being awkward. No problem with that.

Outside of this website though, I think it is very thoughtful and probably something that couple will cherish for a long time.

48. JoMama says:

That is just…bizarre…

49. Carrie says:

Oh my Lord … I hate these naked pregnancy/belly photos already but THIS is just wrong! We don’t need the visual imagery of what got them to this point in the first place! ACK!

50. Jeneva says: