Burn Baby Burn

June 29th, 2009

Burn Baby Burn - *AFP Hall Of Fame*

Thank goodness dad packed plenty of SPF 0.

(submitted by Julia)

100 Responses to “Burn Baby Burn”

1. Tricia says:

I worked at a ski resort when I was in High School. Unfortunately, I worked the bunny slope, in intermediate slopes and had to try and teach people to ski all day. If you look at the girl with her eyes swelled you will see that only the portion around her eyes was not covered by a hat or scarf thus exposing the part to sunburn, Dad has the reverse due to sun glasses or goggles, the girl with the lift ticket had her forehead covered. Due to the sun reflecting on the snow and wind people get sun and wind burnt. Take care of lips and noses for sure on sunny days.

The worst part is the little girl looks like many I picked up from being face down on snow, ice, etc… The swelling is from crying and falling. If you look close you can see some light bruising and marks. This looks like so many families that were new to skiing I cannot even tell you. It can also be from snowboarding which late 1980′s early 1990-91 it was still pretty new and most resorts didn’t allow it or they simply didn’t rent snowboarding equipment then. Equipment is a big investment and not something you bought for all family members prior to trying to learning unless you were rich or stupid!

Much luv…

2. Gogit says:

And just think of how bad the sunburns would have been had they gone out in DAYLIGHT!

3. John says:

does the kid on the right have swollen eyes?

4. Ben says:

I knew there would have to be a St. Cloud pic in here. I too had multiple shirts like that playing summer soccer at Whitney… priceless. Now all I have to do is find out who these people are.

5. ash says:

I used to live in St. Cloud. Funny.

6. alissa says:

I like the St. Cloud shirt. GO MINNESOTA!!

7. Jess says:

Woah! St Cloud is where I’m from! I had that soccer shirt too, when I was little! That’s so strange.

8. LINDA says:

the little girl on the right has sun poison.

9. Clare says:

Omg the caption, I’m dying haha

10. seriously says:

gets my vote for best caption. i ‘haha’d with an ‘oh sh*t!’ chaser.

11. Fairytail3982 says:

And why does the little girl on the right look like someone hit her in both of her eyes!?

12. Kit says:

OMG…Spunky/Steve, is that you?!

13. Dan says:

Has anyone else noticed that the mathematical symbol ‘lambda’ is on her ski ticket?

14. Laurie says:

I am suprised nobody has noticed that the little girl on the left is Jennifer Aniston!

15. Meg says:

Based on the fact that the burns are in the shape of the holes in a ski mask and the older girl is holding a ski ticket, this is probably a combination of windburn and sunburn. Very common on the slopes. Watch the winter Olympics if you’re unsure.