Awkward Family Story: Dot Dot Dot

August 17th, 2009

As they sent it…

Jake,
How the “H” is everything going for you????????????????? fine we hope.
Say what do you think of my GPS????? At least it got your mom and dad down and back!!!! ha ha
Gram and I will be down a little later………………………we are going to the Brewer game this Thursday. We hear you are moving this Thursday. That will be a big day for you. BE SURE AND SEND US YOUR NEW MAILING ADDRESS AND AND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS – IF YOU CHANGE IT. PHONE NUMBER TOO……………….
i HOPE EVERYTHING IS COOOOOOOOL WITH YOU.

Gram and gramps……………………………

(submitted by Jacob)

127 Responses to “Awkward Family Story: Dot Dot Dot”

1. Megan says:

It’s always awkward when a grandparent emails or texts you.
    One time, my grandpa’s partner texted me directions to their new home. It was awkward because A) He abbreviated. And B) He’s “old”
    Something about age and technology. It’s just awkward!

2. Mel says:

I wish my grandpa was alive and feel compelled to write me an email, I wouldn’t really mind the spelling.

3. chris says:

i love how they brought up that they were going to see the Brewers play on the day that he is going to be spending all day moving! quite thoughtfull!

4. purpleiceprincess says:

this seems really normal to me…………lol

5. When I Move I'm Taking My Email With Me says:

What I think is funny is that she thinks he might change his email address when he moves.

6. Kristy says:

I hate having to change my email address EVERY TIME I move. What a hassle!

7. Michelle says:

I just like the fact that they said they’d like his new e-mail address. If he had changed it surely he wouldn’t have received the e-mail? And why would you change your e-mail address just because you move house?!

• Jamesa says:

He said IF he decides to change it.

People do change their email addresses, especially if they are associated to their internet provider.

8. alan says:

Ah, the good old generation gap. How difficult it is to sink to a lower level in order to communicate with the little brat.

9. Jena says:

Oh Gosh that is so funny I can’t handle it. How the “H” is everything? … That has to be the funniest thing I have ever seen an older person write.

My mom has gotten in the habit of texting me and saying PLZ and LOL. However, my mom also did not know how to send an e-mail until like 5 months ago. She would just call me and say, “Get on the computer and mail this out…” Some how she mastered texting and not e-mail.

10. crystalawesome says:

Add a “luv uuuuuu” at the end and this could be from my grandparents. Which, for those who don’t see the humor, is why I find it amusing.

Also, if you don’t like the stories, don’t read them. It’s just that simple.

11. Val says:

GO BREWERS!!

12. ShanMac says:

Awkward or not, this email is hilarious, or, at the very least, deserves a chuckle. I can’t imagine my grandparents writing an email like that. The excessive punctuation, the all caps yelling and the use of vernacular = funny!

13. Lame says:

Why is that even on this site? There’s nothing awkward about having grandparents who care enough to email their grandkids. At least you HAVE grandparents, Jake! Mine are all DEAD! What’s awkward, or rather pathetic, is the fact that your grandparents have to email you to ASK for your address and phone number. You can’t take the time to update them when you move? Having a loving family is such a hassle, isn’t it?

• Annie says:

Hey dorkus majorus, I doubt Jacob finds his grandparents so embarrassing. Just the way it’s worded, capitalized, and everything make it look like the grandpa was getting a kick out of e-mailing his grandson. It’s cute–something I doubt was lost on the kid, obviously, otherwise he wouldn’t have sent it in.

It’s time to get off the bitter boat and on some Prozac!

14. lexi674 says:

I’m not gonna lie……..I (obviously)do the same thing with punctuation…….LOLOL!!;)

15. tobias says:

I thought it funny that they ask for new email address because he is moving. . .It is possible I guess but just stuck me as slightly funny.

• kelly says:

i thought the same thing! not just slightly funny. hilarious.

• Kyle says:

Yeah, the comment about the email was the only slightly weird thing. Even so, if he was moving, maybe he was changing carriers and would have to get a new email. Not so strange after all. All in all, it sounds like any email I’d get.

• ivan says:

What? Who would even change their email address if they move? That doesn’t make sense at all

16. Anne Veal says:

It looks as though Gram and Gramps mixed their medication.

17. powermuffin says:

I wish I had the troubles of the people who sent in these recent “awkward” e-mails. If the most awkward times in your life have been poorly written, rambling letters from relatives, consider yourself blessed.

18. sarahsitus says:

The only thing actually funny about this is the overuse of puncuation and all the caps at the end..

but go Brew Crew!

19. jenny says:

I give gramps a hand for even trying to do anything on a computer!!! My 83-year-old father won’t even read e-mails on the monitor. He makes my mother print everything out so he can read it like “a real letter”.

20. Chris says:

this isn’t awkward, just pretty cool, actually. Gramps is trying to be “hip…………….

21. Melo says:

it got me at “How the “H” is everything going for you?????????????????” XD

22. Scott says:

how is this awkward or even funny?
    cute, yes, loving, maybe.
    but that’s about it.
    the stories are usually kind of boring or too personal to understand – let’s stick with the photos.

23. Robin says:

Oh this would be someone from Wisconsin. Go Brewers!

24. MG says:

This is EXACTLY the way my parents/grandparents send e-mail. It’s the internet, your flimsy punctuation rules do not apply here!

25. 45TR1D says:

Jacob – at least the have a bit of zest in their lives!!

26. AwkWerrrd says:

I am so sick of the AFP-comment snobbery!

It should have taken approximately 10 seconds to read this email.. which was awkwardly cute, BTW! If it took you longer than that, then perhaps your concern about reading “lame,” “boring,” or “not awkward” emails is understandable. ALSO, if it took you longer than that to read it, then you should spend MORE time reading so that you will have a quicker comprehension rate. Henceforth, you’ll spend less time “wasting” your time reading these emails.
    Shut it already, whiners!

• Lisa says:

These stories are boring.

• JP says:

It’s not snobbery.

And it’s not about the waste of time.

It’s just not funny OR awkward, so what is the point.

By the way, it’s our opinion if it’s not funny, and that is what we choose to post. Instead of flaming, why don’t you add your opinion that it is funny to those who choose to share a substantive point of view.

• Rich says:

AwkWerrrd,

It took me 7.4 seconds to read your comment. —– I consider 7.3 seconds of that time — wasted.

I STILL can’t figure out the point that you’re trying to get across.

• Natkat says:

Hmmm. Sounds like somebody is sensitive about their ellipsis habit.

27. PissedChef says:

I think awkward and funny perhaps were mixed up again. Actually, I don’t even think it’s funny.

28. Tracy says:

What the Fajita?

29. JJ says:

Why is Gram capitalized and gramps isn’t? Maybe Gram is having a bad day or is mad at gramps?

30. Lisa says:

I thought it was mildly funny until I got to the very end. When I saw it was from “gram and gramps” I laughed out loud.

31. Mister Bungle says:

Gram and Gramps feel ever younger in their new Mitsubishi Ellipsis.