TGIM

September 6th, 2009

These co-workers prove that awkwardness also extends to your office family. Happy Labor Day from AFP!

(submitted by Abby & Vanessa)

139 Responses to “TGIM”

1. Imagica says:

An REM video waiting to happen.

2. Marcelo says:

3rd Photo: “They’re coming to get you Barbraaa!”

3. tim says:

TGIM? ‘The Girl is Mine’?

4. Anna says:

(Whoops – meant second RIGHT in back row. Anyway…)

5. Anna says:

Not so very awkward, really.

However. Please someone tell me…where is the second picture from? Because I’m Finnish and everyone in that picture looks kind of Finnish to me. Or all except the man on the left with the scary American grin. :D And possibly the one second left in back row – the face is somehow wrong, maybe more Swedish.

6. Goliano says:

2nd picture – If they don’t hire some new blood soon, that company’s going to the grave with them.

7. Dave says:

I am the guy standing in the first photo and first of all I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to view and comment on it and Dina for uploading it. I will definitely agree with the comments that the wallpaper and background are pretty funeral home-esk. It is hard to believe that this was in fact a company sponsored function with a back drop like that. But alas it is what it is. I especially like the fact the most people view me as a “youth pastor” or “Christian”, I love religious overtones… they’re hot and if everyone viewing the photo only knew me >:-) … The lady next to me is not only a coworker but a personal friend and to settle the big debate, that IS a cell phone in my hand. I hug her frequently and she is one of the best friends I have ever had in my life and cherish her friendship. If I remember correctly (this picture is over 2 years old) she and I were dressed to go out and meet up with friends after this company dinner. The gentleman seated (at one time) was our employee but since then she and I have moved on to bigger and better things and are no longer his management team.

By reading all the comments the general feeling is that most people don’t find our photo awkward but I do have to say there are so many more awkward photos of me floating around… you should see some of my Facebook photos… LOL. I mean come one we live in Sin City who hasn’t one time or another danced… oh wait never mind.

Anywhoo, thanks again to Dina for posting our wonderful photo and I look forward to seeing everyone’s comments. Have a fantastic day oh or should I say have a blessed day!

8. danny says:

number1 makes me laugh, the bloke in the chair looks rather please with himself and excited at the same time, like hes waiting to see someone fall dwn a pit with leaves on that hes built.lol
    number 3 is good as well… a rave for classical music ‘mind the personal space people’ haha

9. imlovingattention says:

#3 nothing says teamwork better than everyone 5 feet apart and wandering aimlessly in a small area while looking in different directions! yeeeaaahhh!!

10. Spez says:

My word, what business is that last one for? All it says is “out business is confusing, even to us.” Do they spend most of their days wandering around this courtyard? Is there any intra-office communication here? WHAT IS GOING ON!?

11. TB says:

OMG!!! The third photo is totally from my town… that’s a laborinth in Hopeland Gardens in Aiken, SC… awkward as hell.

12. Ciderbarrel says:

I can’t tell if the 1st pic is awkward or not, I can’t get past that gal’s HOTNESS. Wow.

13. DM says:

Third picture: Let’s hope the company isn’t as lost as its employees…

14. Neil says:

First photo: I believe the two men are father (sitting) and son (standing), nothing awkward about he and his girlfriend/wife placing their hands on dad’s shoulder. And I’m guessing the younger man took the photo himself, as the object in his left hand looks like the remote to snap a digital picture using a camcorder.

Second photo: “Ted, you’ve got to wear a jacket, it’s required”. “I didn’t wear my jacket today, all I’ve got is this fleece vest…”

Third photo: Artsy marketing gal decided to do something “creative” for the open house invitation… “everybody spread out on the labyrinth and act casual…”

• Whatchu talkin bout Willis? says:

OK everyone. The man is not holding anything in the first photo. If you’ve ever had your picture taken by a professional, they will have you place your hands (sometimes) loosely, cupped, or otherwise, it “strategic” positions. Probably this wasn’t the “best” position, but as someone pointed out- he was proabably supposed to place his arm around her, but didn’t think he should be getting his jollies.

15. Skipping Lunch says:

What no one realizes is that the cool dude in photo #2 is actually an updated recent photo of Shades McVesty from Area 57——- “Did you clean your cubicle?”

And if you look some more, you’ll see the rest of the band there too

16. Susie says:

Third photo would be less awkward if each person were actually facing in the same direction as the piece of path they are standing on.

17. Anne Veal says:

The guy in the first photo looks like an actor, but I can’t figure out who.

18. Tim says:

OK, how many saw the last picture and starting thinking to themselves, “He’s a reeeeeal nowhere man…sit-ting in his nowhere land…”?

19. Snowrider says:

Third picture:
    Shaun, Liz, Ed, Dianne and David. The Winchester parking lot.

20. Vanessa says:

Ahem. I submitted the third picture. And am not credited. :(

21. Susie says:

If i had my choice, I’d take the guy in the red shirt as my boss.

22. MissXena says:

Umm….. I work with these people! [top photo]

• Steve says:

Could you explain what the combination is here? Who’s who to who?

• MissXena says:

The two standing were, at the time the photo was taken, direct supervisors to the fellow sitting in the chair. Word on the street is this photo was taken at a service awards banquet. All the touching is….. AWKWARD. I would say more but I don’t want to give myself away :-p

23. stephanie says:

Loving williams comment best! LOL

• William says:

Thank you very much, Stephanie. It just came to me . . . as suddenly as two boulders might overtake me if they were rolling down a steep hill, with me, hapless, at the bottom.

24. William says:

If that neck strap came loose from the lady in pic #1, the grinning hedgehog sitting below her would, at best, have to replace a pair of broken eyeglasses. At worst, we are talking significant soft tissue injury to the neck.

25. Awkward Turtle says:

Someone did not get the “wear khaki pants for the labyrinth photo” memo.

26. Is that first one a “couple” ?? lol

27. hcw80 says:

Unless they are all dressed in gray and wearing rollerskates or wearing nothing but a cat and a smile, not awkward enough. These lack the wow …just wow…factor of some previous post.

28. Lil' Ol' Me says:

The Christian is pretty cute. :)

29. Sarah says:

Makes me think of that Office episode where Michael spends like 180 dollars (20 dollars a picture) to get a good staff photo, and then he has to photo shop every body in anyway.

30. Sidekick says:

Picture #1 Cozy office pals? Weird combination. Maybe they are a project team? They are all dressed on a different level of style. None for the office.

Picture #2 OK, looks more like an office staff. Guy on bottom left screwed up the photo with improper hand placement.

Picture #3 Good concept….didn’t quite turn out, though. Lady in black skirt is either a rebel or didn’t get the memo about wearing kahki pants.

31. Joanne says:

The first two don’t strike me as awkward. The last one is just strange-people wandering around aimlessly, looking in different directions, like they are in a labyrinth. A unique idea gone bad!

32. Denise says:

I can’t WAIT for the awkward Columbus Day photos coming up next month! Maybe there’ll be 4 or 5 of them posted together! Please folks, don’t be stingy with your submissions! :P

33. Jeff M. says:

Three photos, three comments:

Top photo – My first thought was, “What a weird son they have!”

Second photo – “I don’t need no sleeves! I own the place! AND I DON’T SMILE! hmmph!”

Bottom photo – We intend everyone within your office to be included so please pass this invitation along.
    -”Sure. If I can find my co-workers in this frickin ratmaze!”

34. JayP says:

#3: When Zombies go business casual.

35. Marissa says:

I love the guy in the red shirt. He looks so pleased with himself

36. Nikki C. says:

All three photos are examples of One of These Things is Not Like the Others.

37. April says:

Um, yeah. Not so awkward. The hand in the first picture is no big deal. Yeah, the guy in the red in the second pic probably shouldn’t even own that jacket. And sure the third pic is pointless, but none of these are awkward. Posting these means that we can take any and every picture and *find* something awkward in them. I think this is getting away from what AFP is about.

38. emma says:

TGIM? Thanks Goodness It’s Monday?

39. powermuffin says:

I like the man in the red shirt, second photo. He looks like he is posing as the piano player in an Old West saloon. It looks just like something they would dress you in at one of those old-timey photo studios.

40. pittipat says:

Top photo: Mr. Christian doesn’t seem to know what to do with his left hand…”I should put my arm around her…but wait…I shouldn’t touch her…”

41. binkymae says:

No wait, the first photo is improving. The guy who looks like a youth pastor is holding something like a cell phone or pager against his co-worker’s rear end. And then I noticed she has fashioned some makeshift skirt or shorts around her back side from a different fabric – have I seen her on project runway?
    And in the last one, the woman in the black skirt ignored the memo about this picture requesting everyone wear khaki pants, and it serves her right that now her shadow looks like a queen on a chess board.
    (Chestna, you made me laugh – you must me in H.R.)

• suzushii says:

That’s not a phone, that’s simply him resting his hand on some part of the decoir (it kind of looks like a part of a wooden frame).

And the bottom part of the outfit is imply the same blouse, stretched out over her behind. It may not be super fashionable, but I’ve seen that style.

I still don’t get the first pic

• Emily says:

No, that is not a cell phone. That is one of those shocker things you get in a joke shop.

42. macikey says:

Maybe the awkwardness in the first picture is where the hand of the man who is standing behind the chair is. Also, how oblivious the man in the chair is.

2nd picture, guy in red. Wow!

3rd picture, other than being rather cheeky, I don’t get it.