Getting The Chair

September 8th, 2009

Getting The Chair - Prom

While Paris is often associated with the Eiffel Tower and romance, it is also known for the metal folding chair.

(submitted by Barrett)

95 Responses to “Getting The Chair”

1. April C says:

Is the issue that he was too tall to get him, the girl, and the eiffel tower in the shot?

2. aids says:

oh hey BarrettTV! :)

3. Flim Springfield says:

I am relieved he has legs. The theme, “A Small World”, the backdrop, the chair, it’s too much! The poor lighting did give us an aura of mystery that will last forever. It takes a brave man to wear a tie like that. Let no one give you grief over it.

4. Nina says:

OMGOSH. I gasped when I saw this. I was like =O I know him from youtube!

5. Missy says:

I think he crashed the Small World party – since he was taller than his date, they tried to make him sit on the chair, but he rebelled as the photo was taken.

Way to stick it to the man, you rebel you!

6. Zoran says:

Ugh, I liked! So clear and positively.

7. girlygirl says:

why the chair? Wasn’t the Eiffel Tower enough? Too many props take away from the focus – that hair! Awesome!

8. Nicole says:

Hey thats the High School that i graduated from in 2001! How come they never had props like that when i was there?! lol…I guess the back drops never change though!

9. Frank says:

He doesn’t have a leg to stand on!
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Thank you. Thank you. I’m here all week.

10. Lil' Ol' Me says:

Was this the photographer’s brilliant idea to make the man look taller? Seriously, where do they find some of these “professional” photographers is what I want to know.

• Sara says:

I bet they found the photographer at the same place they found the ‘realistic’ Eiffel Tower background.

11. cowgirl says:

They were invited to Marney’s Thanksgiving dinner, but had to bring a regulation size chair.

12. Threethisweek says:

If we’re going to embrace the metal folding chair as necessary to the ambiance of the setting…wouldn’t “girl on the chair” be an easier sell? Or is it just me?

13. Silverfish says:

HEY GUYS. I DON’T KNOW IF HE HAS LEGS OR NOT.

Can someone confirm if he has legs or not? Because I’m really not sure if he has legs or not. I mean because, you know, if he doesn’t have legs then maybe I shouldn’t laugh even though this pose is silliness regardless of leg status. But I’m pretty sure he might not have legs. It’s a distinct possibility that he is sans-legs. He might just be legless, in case nobody thought of that before. Just saying.

14. emm says:

jeez, id make fun of this, but im thinking that maybe the guy doesnt have any legs… why else would someone pose like this??!!

15. Mari says:

While I don’t understand the artistic aesthetics of kneeling on a metal folding chair, I dig the silver lame’ tie. Keepin it simple with the denim shirt…?

16. HELEN says:

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT.
    Our wedding photo’s will be like this.
    With a dodgy portrait of our favourite girl in the background im sure…
    haha :

17. Barrett says:

UGHHH u guys r awkward…y do u kno where my school is???

and this was also on wgn news in chicago today showing my picture…as the anchors laugh at us haha

oh good times

and yes luther east in lansing to those who asked

and to that one guy…im not behind it..i am kneeling in it!!

and again..my hair & tie looked good!!!

• Ash says:

omg I wish I had seen it on the news, man! lol

my wife grew up in lynwood, literally two or three minutes away from luther east. I still have to drive by it to visit the in-laws.

Enjoy your new-found celebrity!

18. Melodie says:

The commentary on this post reminds me of that old “Bloom County” comic where they’re watching TV and they can’t figure out whether it’s the news or a war movie, and someone finally snaps and says “Can someone please tell me whether or not I should be enjoying this?”