Gatorland

September 24th, 2009

Gatorland - Kids

The children just love the petting zoo there.

117 Responses to “Gatorland”

1. Justin says:

I think I have been there before …” Gatorland “.. Yes I visited there… Yes I remembered … there i a giant door, actually not a door but that was a mouth of something.. And its feel like we are moving into his month but actually that was a door structure..

Thanks for reminding…

2. Leenie says:

Not only have I been to Gatorland Zoo, but I have a photo of my 8 year old self posing with a baby gator and boa!!

3. Volrad says:

Gatorland! I’ve been there before! like legit… it’s a cool place. The front doors are encased by a giant alligator head, like your walking into the mouth… completely old school.

4. I had to read your post three times to get the full impact of it. I enjoy reading what you have to say. It’s too bad that more people do not understand the benefits of coaching. Keep up the good work.

5. christina says:

is electrical tape the best choice? poor aligator!! btw their kids are so beautiful!!

6. mamasmilkman says:

…not to mention years if therapy seeing their mom getting strangled by a strange zookeeper’s SNAKE!

7. Rachel says:

The youngest girls face is priceless. She’s terrified!

8. Marc says:

Because just a snake wasn’t enough.

9. Anna says:

What is wrong with the snake? Why is it completely flat??

10. aquagrl says:

why hello little girl…

11. Daily says:

That gator has the longest tail EVER!

12. Glorious Pantaloons says:

There was a really badly done “Small business” kind of zoo my mom took me to as a kid. We walked into the dark reptile room, and then I realized that the window looking at the pen full of snakes…. had no glass. I can really relate to that little kid on mom’s lap :P

13. NipPolls says:

If I were to guess, I would say they live in Florida.

14. magillicuddy says:

gee I kind of have the same photo from MY visit to gatorland ! except my sons got to handle the reptiles….

15. Snowrider says:

From left to right”
    Steve, Terri, Robert and Bindi.

16. Anne says:

Dad probably needed to try something “manly” after spending the week listening to “It’s a Small World” while surrounded by moving teacups in Disney World.

17. Quiet-one says:

The look on the younger girl’s face is just priceless. All your comments made me laugh!! Abby, you and your sister were really cute and you Dad …well…let’s just say he was an enthusiastic amateur herpetologist!

18. we went to Gatorland in the 80′s and have a similar picture but the baby is my brother and he is crying. Pretty pitiful.
    Also my mom didn’t want to be in the pic and my dad is wearing those short 80′s coach’s daisy dukes.

19. Cyndie says:

The photoshop comments are getting OLD. Really OLD. Who cares? Is there some sort of stupid contest to see who can be the first to post a “photoshop comment?” LAME. Hilarious picture!

• Herro says:

The naive comments about (sarcastic) Photoshop comments are getting old too. Try reading DeannieDorko’s comment again and let the sarcasm ooze.

20. hcw80 says:

At least they are only “renting” the wildlife. I am far more disturbed by people who have dangerous reptiles as actual pets when there are young children in the house.

21. Joanne says:

The look on the baby’s face says it all!

• kbear says:

On the baby’s face, yeah, but look at the baby alligator’s face. It has that ‘you could be lunch someday’ look on it as well. That would seriously have given me a lifelong complex.

22. Robert says:

Well, at least dad’s having a good time.

23. Maya B says:

Mom’s got that “Hurry up and take the picture and get this thing off me!” look about her.

24. DeannieDorko says:

Sheesh, this is soooo PhotoShopped! Look how the two O’s in “Zoo” are not even the same shape and there are no shadows behind the 8 or the 9. Not even a good job at that…

25. 2ndTimeRound says:

This so looks like something my husband would do to his kids. His first wife divorced him. Last straw for his ex? He posed his 5 & 7 yr old daughters out in a mine field in Kuwait. His older daughters still have plenty to say about his reckless endangerment.

26. Ashley says:

Awwww – kids are so cute when their terrified!

27. Jamie says:

Nothing brings a couple together quite like being strangled by a boa.

28. jnc51247 says:

Cute family . . .
    I love the electrical tape around the gators jaws! Yeah, that would be a must.

29. Laura says:

Wow! That picture brings back memories of our family trip to Gatorland Zoo about 25+ years ago. Thanks for sharing, I am going to find our picture. I know the terrified look on the kids faces are the same!

30. jaclyn says:

the girl on the right looks like the younger version of jenny in forrest gump

31. Amice says:

Let’s just say, it’s lucky Baby was wearing diapers anyway…..

• just wondering says:

My thoughts EXACTLY…SHe’s freaking out in her mind…and has no where to run….cause mom’s in a choke-hold by the snake and big sis is in a death grip by mom… The girls are definitely good-sports in this awk.pic.

32. Don says:

Awkward? Not really. A little “show-offy” if you ask me. Dad is simply showing off his soon-to-be new boots along with Mom’s soon-to-be new purse. But what about the kids? Oh yeah…they’ll have this picture and their nightma…I mean memories. Good one Dad.

33. Abby says:

I’m the girl wearing the green crop top. I’m 24 now, a perfectly functioning human being and I’m completely over belly shirts.

My ‘baby’ sister is a biology major (most likely thanks to this experience) and has had no psychiatric treatment.

My husband calls us the Griswalds, though, we can thank my dad for that. :)

• Noey says:

I’m glad there was no lasting damage. Because…. WOW… O_O

• Craig says:

Nice shot! Did they hang chicken out over the gators so they jumped out of the water while you were there?

I love that place, but I haven’t been since the fire. From pictures I saw everything but the gator mouth by the entrance was lost.

• tony14 says:

Actually the damage was mostly to the gift shop, not to the main facility. The gator mouth had damage and had to be redone. But you can’t really tell there was ever a fire there.

• Ben says:

It a shame you’re over belly shirts :(
      I think it should be a requirement for 24 year old hotties

• Snowrider says:

I love it when we get the back story on these photos!
      Kudo to you Abby!

• ThatChick says:

You and your baby sister both look really cute :) I like how you have a comforting hand on her leg, and my FAVORITE is her expression looking at the gator. Its like she knows it wont hurt her, is curious about it, but VERY uncomfortable having it that close to her face.

• Ray says:

Your sister looks like she just filler her diaper having that gator looking at her like food.

• glasstabletop says:

The look on your sister and the alligator for that matter is priceless.

34. Matt Jeezee says:

The man likes reptiles, but the rest of the people do not!