Care For A Cookie?

October 12th, 2009

Care For A Cookie? - Christmas

This woman is totally prepared for Christmas. Only problem… it’s October.

(submitted by Jennifer)

165 Responses to “Care For A Cookie?”

1. Leah says:

Awe! This picture isn’t awkward…it’s just dated. She’s very 1993.

• iLOLd says:

I agree, Leah!

Of course, if there were two donkeys “wrestling” in the background, or if she had her crossbow slung over her shoulder…

• CB says:

Well, someone else made the clever observation of spying the dvd’s behind her…..this is closer to the 21st century, unfortunately, as 1993 still featured movies of the VHS variety. SHE is indeed very dated, but the picture itself is not as much as she.

2. Mick says:

#1 as a child of the 80′s…I love the hair.Also this can’t be more than 10 years old because of the pile of DVD’s behind her…

3. Jennifer says:

OMG!! It’s Marney. It just has to be and she is showing everyone what a regulation size tupperware container looks like and how a regulation christmas should be decorated. Notice the three green ornaments in a row and how the stars go around the tree in a straight line

• Knick says:

I saw this picture and immediately thought there has to be at least one Marney comment in this thread, thanks for not disappointing!!

4. corkystclair says:

Uh oh, my batch of Percodan pecan sandies are almost gone.

5. Mary says:

For all that Christmas blingbling those cookies don’t look too Christmassy!

6. steve says:

where does it say any where in this picture that it’s october?

7. dtro says:

After a cookie break she’s going to start decorating her head.
    Shoot … now I want cookies!

8. Kirk says:

“I’m not a woman, I am a mom!”

9. Marie says:

Aw, she’s sweet! Her beautiful tree, so lovingly decorated, her Christmas polar bear sweater vest, and the cookies. She looks very happy, and is totally in the Christmas spirit, cognac-induced or not. You go, girl! Meeeerrrrry Christmas!

10. Chuck Martel says:

And for my next trick, I will make these cookies disappear!

11. Sidekick says:

I’m looking at the picture to the left of the Christmas tree. Am I seeing a duck in a policeman uniform? Help me out here, folks.

12. Snowrider says:

Seriously…I cannot get over how plastic Jennifer looks…..As an engineer, I’m impressed.

13. binkymae says:

Ah, the Christmas sweater -as always, designed to be sleek and slimming.

14. Bec says:

lol – exactly what I was thinking!

15. Lou says:

No way, I was sure this was straight out of the 80s!!!

• CB says:

Well, I think the dvds in the background also give away the recency of this picture….up till late 90′s-ish, VHS was the popular video format for home viewing.

16. Debra says:

I think the missing cookies might be hidden in her hair.

17. steve says:

Is the vest a Christmas version of the ’3 wolves/moon’ shirt?

18. Pickles Rabinowitz says:

Odds are that the cookies that are missing are rumballs. Awkward, no. Embarrassing, yes.

19. João Bucho says:

It’s the Christmas Thundercat Woman!

20. michele says:

Can’t she see her 2 pet polar bears pleading for cookies?

21. jlangham says:

You beat me to the punch. My thoughts exactly.

22. Gregorian says:

I spent quite a while there looking for the October calendar….

23. behel says:

Judging from the pictures on the wall and the tupperware container, this photo looks pretty recent. Scary! Maybe it is an ugly Christmas sweater party????? Nice display of half eaten cookies. ha ha.

24. jnmcnally says:

Why do so many women dye their roots brown?

25. bin says:

My guess is she’s a teacher. Aside from the “my kids’ll love this vest,” there’s the (color-coordinated) paper chain on the tree.

26. JM says:

the MTV christmas parties won’t be the same without Adam Curry… (showing my age, i know)

27. Birdie says:

Totally staged.

28. Amice says:

Only a *lot* of cognac could make someone *this* proud of no more than fifteen cookies.

29. Jules says:

If you look closely, you can see her wind-up key.

30. Robin says:

I’m thinking that this is what happens when you add toooo much rum to the egg nog.

31. Vintagevamp says:

Yeah, this is kinda lame. As someone else asked, how do we know it’s October? And what’s awkward about this, really? Yeah, her sense of “style” can be mocked, but it’s not awkward.

32. Annie says:

And a HOLIDAY SWEATER!

FILL IN THE BLANK:

The more ____ the merrier?

Mine, “The more out of season Christmas polar bears, the merrier!

33. Sara says:

How do we know this was really October? Maybe it could have been last December?

• Franci1969 says:

I’ll second that.

apart from that I do find it awkward:
      why there are only a few cookies left in the container?
      why does she have to show her cookies in a nondescript plastic container, when I’m sure she has nicer containers around in the house?

ps: definitely NOT Marney. :D

34. L says:

What is really sad is that you know that. :-)

35. Lemuel says:

This really isn’t an awkward picture. People just want to make fun of the woman.

• Denise says:

You’re right, 1) it’s not awkward 2) it’s CLEARLY photoshopped 3) everyone takes pictures like this 4) we’re all miserable losers 5) Marney’s involved somehow…
      What have I missed?

• Jeff M says:

that one of the presents under the tree is a compound bow.

• jennifer says:

It’s NOT photoshopped, nobody named Marney was involved and you are a rude and miserable loser. It’s a pregnant gal (me) trying to be silly after not being able to find anything decent to wear to the formal family holiday dinner. Instead I decided to go in 80′s home maker style to make light of the fact that at 8 months pregnant I didn’t want to spend outrageous money to buy an expensive and formal maternity outfit for one night. Also, my great grandmother made those cookies and gave them to me in that tupperware so I just grabbed them to pose for the silly picture. Get a life people, no need to dissect every photo, especially with some of the rude comments. People won’t submit them anymore if they know a group of people with nothing better to do just sits around making snarky comments and trying to discredit them. Just enjoy the oddity of each picture whether it be awkward, silly or lame. All are equally enjoyable.

• JOG says:

What is your definition of awkward?!? I must know.

• Lemuel says:

I don’t have a good definition, but a woman with big hair who enjoys Christmas is not awkward. She may not share your fashion sense, but calling that awkward is just making fun of her.

• Veggiet says:

I don’t think it’s her hair, her love of Christmas, or her vest that makes this picture awkward… it’s the cookies and the way she’s holding them…

• jennifer says:

Thank you for noticing…we were going for an “80′s glamour shot” type pose with the far off/distant facial expression and weird pose.

• Lalala says:

My definition of awkward is a pose I can’t hold comfortably for more than 2 minutes. Or in this case- 2 holidays.

• kandee says:

Ha ha – good one! I guess everyone has a different idea of what awkward is. Me – I too think this one is awkward — due to the overloaded Christmas tree; green wall; festive atmosphere; Polar bear Christmas vest and holiday turtleneck; Christmas cookies in a too-large Gladware container; and big hair/red lipstick going on. Something tells me that the Christmas dogs barking song is playing in the background. Love it AFP!

• Lemuel says:

Why would someone hold a pose for two holidays?

• Melissa says:

Yes, the pose it awkward, leading my to believe that it is photshopped. If you imagine that the container is not there, her hands aer positioned so that she should be holding something else, this is really apparent when you look at the top hand and how it looks like it would be supporting something from falling backwards.

• Lou says:

I’m with Lalala — The pose is the main awkward element, followed by the smile. Then there’s the fact that the Tupperware is so incongruous with the staging. The rest — the hair, makeup, polar wintry clothes and overdone decorations — is all just bonuses to make this shot the EPITOME of AFP. :-D Three thumbs up from me (now that’s awkward also…).

• Lemuel says:

Here’s what I think the scenario is. Someone gave her some cookies for Christmas, the family started eating them, and then she decided it would be nice to take a picture of her with the cookies in front of the tree to send back to the giver. Hence the pose, hence the Tupperware. She is more into Christmas than I am, but that isn’t particularly awkward.

• PopCollector says:

I agree. Not even the usual “captioners” can make this picture awkward.

• Bec says:

this picture is totally awkward…you probably just have the same sweater and don’t want people to “make fun” of you.

• jennifer says:

Ha:) Pregnant, not drunk and the pic was taken on Dec. 24th. :)

36. Monica says:

that woman is nothing compared to my mom.
    christmas CDs can be heard starting in july, Christmas cards from the past two years are displayed on the doors in the house for all to see, the wreath on the front door is Christmas themed and has been up for almost a year as well as the snowman statue sitting on the porch, christmas wrapping paper is used on all presents regardless of holiday and christmas shopping begins in march. she’s actually late putting up the tree this year, normally it goes up a week after my birthday…which is in september.

37. Robert says:

I was so busy looking at the hair I didn’t even notice the Christmas motif.

Amazing.

38. Maya B says:

I had a friend who decorated her house — inside and out — for Christmas in October. Everyone thought she was nuts. Turned out they were right.

39. dooger says:

This woman is NOT totally prepared – no respectable ‘Glama Claus’ would present her prized cookies in a ziploc container! I give her a C+ (she gets the +plus+ for her extra hair effort!)

• M. Guziewicz says:

And I’m pretty sure those are store bought cookies, I’ve seen em before in their “holiday assortment” packs.

40. snuzan says:

Is this Marney, demonstrating what a regulation size container looks like?

41. Lucy says:

You just KNOW she has a Southern accent.

42. Lucy says:

It’s a Mary Kay/ Tupperware/Christmas Around the World Party. They’re all the rage now.

43. Julie says:

One of the most awkward things about this photo……….the disposable plastic container she has the cookies in! lol
    If you’re going to pull a Vanna White, at least display your cookies on something nice!!

44. Minds Erased says:

She couldn’t even pose with a FULL box of cookies. WT*?

45. Tim says:

Christmas, cookies and cognac? sounds cozy!!

46. Spoonmom says:

That’s awesome! She’s so very proud of those cookies, and her hair! That’s a LOT of back-combing and Aqua Net!

47. Peyton says:

Judging from her eyes, I’m thinking that the Cognac ad on the wall is not a coincidence.

48. caleb says:

it’s a christmas-themed tupperware party! buy two sets and she’ll throw in a bottle of Aqua-Net!

49. Craig says:

That woman *is* Christmas.