Tickling the Ivories

January 5th, 2010

Tickling the Ivories - Engagement

(submitted by Anne)

59 Responses to “Tickling the Ivories”

1. A Nonny Mouse says:

They look happy, but also acutely uncomfortable and stiff. That’s awkward right there.

2. laura says:

this is the sweetest picture ever! she is beautiful also!

3. Bob says:

soo wonderful buatiful, oh la la

4. Lee says:

Lee#1—Come away with me to the south seas, to the happy sent of bogavielya, just you and in the moonlight singing the song of the islands, and i will look into your eyes, your beautiful eyes, your silken hair and your rose red lips– ( I know i miss spelled the flower]

5. Musicmom870 says:

I have to agree that it might be a better shot if they swapped places, but there’s really nothing awkward to mock here. The fail is more on the part of the photographer, kind of like my 4th grade picture.

6. Emily says:

Other than the background and plastic rose, I think this is actually really sweet. The girl is super cute, too. :)

7. Min2cm says:

I was on a Carnival Cruise, and sadly I have the same exact photo taken. It was forced by the photographer. Same pose, piano and all.

8. lolsuz says:

I don’t think there’s anything awkward about this picture either. It’s a bit romantic for my own personal tastes, but it’s not awkward. If I were one of them and found out this pic was on this site, I would be very hurt. There’s nothing in this pic to be publicly laughed about. In case Brooke does actually know the bride and tells her this is here, here’s a message for the happy couple: I love your picture. You both look wonderful, and I wish you a lifetime of joy together.

9. BP says:

Love…exciting and new. Come aboard, we’re expecting you—–THE LOVE BOAT.

10. Lisa says:

I also think the picture is not awkward at all – ok, the rose is fake, but big deal!

I hope they are having a lovely honeymoon.

11. Erin says:

I know this pose! We got the same one done on our Carnival cruise to Mexico, piano and rose and all. Although I think we didn’t like how our picture turned out and passed on purchasing it.

12. brooke says:

Oh lord, I know her! They’re on their honeymoon right now, actually. Too funny they’re on here.

13. DeAnna says:

I know that backdrop! Carnival Cruise ship Florida to Mexico 2006 :) My family and I have a couple of similar shots as well as other ones from formal night. Those people harass you like crazy until you sit your butt down for a few shots.

14. Cee says:

the background sucks, but the couple totally make up for it. They look so happy, and I love the photo!

15. Fanboy Wife says:

At first I thought “the ivories” were the piano keys, but the more I look at the photo the more it looks like he’s checking out her teeth.

16. Blitz says:

I thought it was awkward because when I looked at his eyes… he doesn’t appear to be looking into her eyes as far as I’m concerned!

17. Graham Banks says:

Am I the only one that doubts this was taken in their house?

18. Abby says:

I love her dress! I think she looks smashing!

19. Trish says:

I see alot of love in this picture. I think it’s sweet.

20. Moss Morris says:

I think her face just screams “Hurry up and take the dang picture!”

21. roulette_dares says:

Tom Hanks? lol

22. Peg says:

A little over-posed but I think it’s romantic.

23. S13558 says:

“On second thought, maybe red isn’t your color…”

24. Saffy says:

it’s awkward because it looks so stiff and posed, like those mannequins in the Old Navy ads.

25. Nan says:

Awkward? Uncomfortable.

26. Boppie says:

I think the awkward is that they are posed in a way that two people would never find themselves in for any other reason, right? It’s almost like a Twister game several moves in, all designed to make the ring, the love, the dress, the piano etc etc etc just so.

• Miffy says:

I agree. I do also think it’s a sweet picture, like someone else said, but the way she’s barely touching his face and where is she sitting? Not the piano bench… It just doesn’t make a lot of sense.

27. DC says:

If you’ve ever been on a cruise you can tell it is one of the many backdrops available on formal night.

28. DaddysSister says:

It’s too bad they didn’t switch places. Most of the problems/weak points would be immediately fixed, even with the exact same pose.

29. bmj2k says:

It looks like she is leaving space for someone else to sit at the piano.

30. Matty says:

I think this is actually a rather sweet picture. Could be a bit better but still it is sweet.

31. Desdes says:

I just think it’s awkward how she is sitting. Kind of a half stand half sit.

32. Oz says:

Nothing says love like a new manicure and that oh-so-tender touch of your board-stiff engagement-ring-toting hand.

33. fabien says:

i don’t see the Awkwardness, they look like a very nice couple .

34. stephanie says:

The plastic rose signifies their love as much as the cheesy backdrop :) But the confusing part is the piano isn;t cheap. Total contrast oh and of course the Tux ;)

• tatyana says:

wow. thanks for pointing that out.. under second inspection, the reflection on the piano implies that it is a backdrop. wow….. hahahhaha

last time i checked, the floor doesn’t reflect on a higher surface.

interesting.

35. Jason says:

“I’ll put roses on your piano if you put tulips on my organ.”

36. Cinderellaman says:

This reminds me of that old joke:

Q: What’s better than roses on your piano?
    A: Tulips on your organ.

Xop

37. SummerRayne says:

I don’t see what’s awkward about this picture. Am I missing something? The setting wouldn’t be my pick but there’s nothing inherently awkward about it, is there?

• jitterbug says:

I agree??

• Kara says:

I think is looks incredibly awkward – all stiff and over posed. Plus there is too much going on – The two hands weirdly holding the obviously fake rose, the hand stiffly bent on his face, the super glossy baby grand and the weird misty backdrop.
        I say kudos to the marriage, you both look psyched, but yeesh – don’t frame this awkward mess.

• ReginaPhalange says:

It’s awkward in that she seems to be squatting over empty air. The piano bench would not position her that high up. It’s like she’s in the Ladies’ Room and doesn’t want to make contact with the seat.

Other than that, it’s a perfectly lovely shot. ;)

• ckirk says:

It’s incredibly cheesy.

• tatyana says:

it would be awkward if she is his daughter which is possible.

other than that, i love this pic. fellow pianists would prob agree. a piano and roses.. ah, well the rest is pardonable. and that IS the angle u would take for a piano…. or somewhere around theres.

alls cool. i even love the columns/pillars in the background.