Bedtime Stories

January 12th, 2010

Sleep tight.

(submitted by Heather)

297 Responses to “Bedtime Stories”

1. Chelsea says:

Yes, but Hitler did kill Hitler ‘ s assassin. ;)

2. Kate says:

I just don’t get why it’s funny. Totally not with it.

3. Amanda says:

This reminds me of a little girl I take care of. She is 2 and went into her parent’s closet and grabbed a book. I didn’t see what it was at first. But the parents, who happened to be home at the time, saw her with the book and said “don’t read that to her! Or, you can read it but change the words”. The book was, “go the **** to sleep.” It doesn’t make it “wrong” or make them bad parents. It’s just funny because it looks like a harmless children’s story. The girl can’t understand it, and I’m sure no one reads it to her. I feel the same way about this picture. People can be so quick to judge.

4. Chris says:

Hitler was not a genius Nick. He was only evil. He had help in that area.

• Richard says:

Hitler wrote Mein Kampf while in prison for his organized assassination attempt on the Chancellor of Germany. I don’t think he received much help in writing the book. He was a political and economical genius with a twisted moral perspective, that is all.

• Professor DumDum says:

You got your history wrong, Ricky – Hitler was imprisoned for trying to seize control of the regional government of Bavaria, in Munich, not for trying to assassinate the Chancellor of Germany (Gustav Stresemann – who was in Berlin at the time of the attempted putsch).

Hitler was no more of an “economical [sic) genius” than you are a historian.

LOL

5. Spoo says:

C’mon, Grandpa, read it again! But skip the ending this time, OK? We had nightmares for a week.

6. stevo says:

HA!!!! Awesome.

7. Nick says:

When I saw this picture, I about near pissed my pants. Yes, its pretty sick humor, but to a jew who was bar mitvah’d and attended hebrew school for most of his young life, this is hilarious. Its not offensive. Mein Kampf is proof that there are real evil geniuses in the world. Its a piece of literature that those kids can’t even read or comprehend, so I think we’re good here =P

Its a book. Its not like they had they’re kids kissing a picture of hitler. =P

• Jennifer says:

I guess it never hurts to know what he wrote…to know history even though we as humans still tend not to recognize when it’s repeating.

Clueless kid in the pic.

• Pat says:

Hitler wasn’t all bad. I mean he was the guy who killed Hitler