Monkey Love

April 21st, 2010

Monkey Love - Pets

A reminder to us all that when you are holding a monkey in a dress, you must own it.

(submitted by Ted)

12 Responses to “Monkey Love”

1. sdrew says:

What is that under the pink dress?

2. Luanna says:

I’m confused. If, as Msz said in his Aug. 20/10 reply: female parts on monkeys are external, therefore the same is true of male monkeys. I see/say/guess this is a male monkey. It has been dressed up by a ignorant couple who think it’s okay to buy spider monkeys that are trapped by poachers in a way that’s terrifying to the animal(s). It’s done for the resale value, dead or alive, by even more ignorant people who overlook what’s right for wrong by selling animals by any means necessary, both endangered animals and abundant animals alike.

• Shelleyda says:

Poached?? What in the world are you talking about? Monkeys have not been imported since the early 70′s, they are bred in captivity. I really wish people wouldn’t say such stupid, obnxious things when they don’t know what they are talking about at all. You really are confused aren’t you??

3. Msz says:

Spider Monkeys are NOT pets. They are 8x stronger than humans and cannot survive without a “canopy” diet of tree leaves! I’m usually not an animal rights activist, and I can tell this was taken a while ago, but SERIOUSLY?!

(and to the person who thinks the monkey in the dress is not a girl – their girl parts are external!)

• Shelleyda says:

Spider monkeys are awesome and I don’t know where you got your information about them not surviving without a “canopy”, LOL, but that is a dumb thing to say. Why don’t you tell me where you came up with that??? Spider monkeys live MUCH longer in captivity and do just fine. I know a lot of people with spiders and they are all wonderful monkeys. They do NOT survive on leaves for pity sakes. Their main diet consists of a variety of fruits.

4. Lee says:

I can definitely see the family resemblance.

5. Ali says:

Seriously?? The monkey in the dress just CAN’T be girl.

6. Laurie says:

They won’t be so happy when the monkeys get pissed off from the dress thing and rip their faces off. Monkeys are NOT nice pets.

7. Aussie Robbo says:

Bad dreams are comin’ my way.

8. Harry says: