The A-Team

April 29th, 2010

The A-Team - Kids

Baseball just wasn’t his thing.

(submitted by Dre)

112 Responses to “The A-Team”

1. Kage ( a liberal) says:

wow, if taking away guns will bring down the violent crimes rate….maybe we should take away pencils to get rid of all the misspellings and grammatical errors in this country!!!

and clearly, this photo is hilarious!

-a pro-guns liberal

2. Charlotte says:

Wow! I never had cool toys like that!

3. Rose says:

We’ll let Jr do the shootin’, he’ll only get get 3-5 instead of life like us old timers..

4. Bob says:

So legendary that the guy is rockin’ the Hawaii jersey.

I mean what else could he possibly be wearing?

5. Jimmy says:

“There’s just no way that buck can dodge em all son! WHOOOOOOOOO!!!”

6. Uncuw Biww says:

gee american kids are lucky…all i ever got to do was go to Frontier town.

7. cevgunner says:

I’d have to dig out my copy of “Small Arms of the World, 7th Edition” to be sure – I think it’s an Italian Breda medium machine gun … pretty sweet! Bet there’s less than 100 transferable , on the registry!

Lucky kid! Most my kids got to shoot was the rental Uzi at Knob Creek , Kentucky, back when I was stationed at Ft Knox.

• Treadhead says:

I went to tank school at Ft Knox back in 1985. This weapon is considerably older. It actualy appears to be an 1895 Colt Potato-Digger Machine Gun from the Spanish-American War. It might have been with Teddy Roosevelt at San Juan Hill. It was one of the first relatively practical gas-operated machine guns. It got it’s nick-name because just before the projectile left the muzzle, a small hole on the bottom of the barrel allowed some of the expanding gasses to escape and push down on the end of an actuating arm (thingy on the bottom near the “bad” end to you Libs and Commies). The arm would swing down and it’s far end would cycle the weapon. (make it go bang again) One of the biggest drawbacks was that it had to stay mounted on a tall tripod to keep the bouncing arm from digging a trench, hence the “potato-digger” moniker.

8. ryan says:

can anyone identify what model gun this is?

9. Peter says:

True story – I took my son to the place in Cambodia where you can pay the cambodian “Special Forces” (a misnomer if tehre ever was one) to shoot cows with RPGs and fire full auto machine guns. It cost hundreds of dollars but he was only mildly diverted by this – I suspect it got good bragging rights back at school – but on the way out we saw a go cart track – another diversification by the military – where he had a huge amount of fun all afternoon for about ten dollars!

BTW – what the hell was downrange!

10. Lucy J says:

I know my history and stand by the constitutional right to arm bears. That could thin the herd of poachers.

11. Steve says:

Grampa loves it when a plan comes together.

12. Chris M says:

Coolest. Dad. EVER.

13. Ellie says:

That’s not a machine gun… it’s a compound bow! Bwahaha, if I do say so myself… haven’t heard that joke for awhile….

14. Ginny says:

America !!! FU@K YA !!!!!!

Early training for “liberating” more countries.

Very responsible AFP.

15. Mah says:

Great-you just confirmed for my teenaged son that I’m The Worst Mother…Ever.

16. Ian says:

My house was on the other side of the fence!

17. Bec says:

What is that black wall thing in the background? Are they trying to hide the machine gun from the neighbors?

• John says:

That’s the cab of the flat bed truck it is mounted on. Note the rear view mirrors.

And the brasses in the background.

Not really a serious technical, given they can’t shoot over the cab.

18. Bruce says:

When little Johnny plays army, little Johnny always wins!

19. m says:

I have to give some props to the boy’s parents. You are never too young to take precautions to prevent tinnitus.

I want a pair of those flip flops. With 2 inch soles it must be like walking on air.

20. coNNie says:

A very young former Vice-President.

21. taino sam says:

Take my Pokemon Cards will ya!!!

22. Shawn says:

I don’t think a 64 ounce cup of coffee and that gun are a good combo.

23. Hexipooh says:

Kids and machine guns. Always a winning combination. :)

24. charmy_canuck says:

I see nothing disturbing about this photo, yea it might seem akward that the kid is shooting that gun, but not disturbing. At least his parents and grandparents are teaching him something. As for the gun itself, in this country we have the right to bear arms. There is a reason for that. It doesn’t make those who own them nuts. Some are a lil of their rocker but most aren’t…

25. kay says:

I was into how much the kid was rockin those flip-flops, and then I noticed that teeny little gun — aww, it’s cute. Raise your hand if you’re over 40 and still miss your jazzy Kmart flip flops with the suede trim on the the toe-thong. I think my entire family had those.

26. Whoa says:

I know what you’re thinking. Did he fire 5,832 shots or only 5,831? Well, to tell you the truth, I kinda lost track myself in all this excitement.

27. Chris says:

Just a little good ol’ fashioned militia practice. Yeeee haaw!

28. The Outlaw says:

I want one now, off to the store.

29. backchat says:

Was Junior such a bad shot that this was needed to hit a few squirrels in the backyard?

30. Anne says:

This would be a bad time to realize someone forgot to chock the wheels.

31. Sammy says:

Little Earl began his training the day that Grandad saw the family move in down the street that each had a crossbow in their hands…

32. Sammy says:

How would you like to be the poor sap who decides to rob the house that day?

33. Nathan says:

And my Dad only let me shoot a cap gun.

34. Harry says:

So we’ll have another gun totting Republican when he grows up!!

35. SteveB says:

I need the gun for duck hunting, I swear!

36. Alan says:

Be vewy,vewy kwiet…..I’m hunting wabbits.

37. Dan Brennan says:

“Put away your your gopher hunting tools Carl, we’re going to see the Dal Lama,” said Mr. Spackler.

• Nerd says:

Wow, love your comment. Ha ha, Carl. I foresee a Caddyshack prequel featuring Carl as a kid… and this is him.

38. dorydorito says:

Thanks AFP, I shall need xanax to get to sleep tonight. Disturbing, utterly disturbing.

39. Wes says:

Only need flip-flops when you got ear protection!

40. Noneya says:

Totally wrong! Hard to believe that a parent would allow this, but here’s the proof.

41. Wes says:

Back in my day we manned a machine gun… no sitting in front of some stupid video game!

42. Tim S says:

The rifle is mounted on a flatbed truck. Anybody remember Rat Patrol? Lucky kid…

43. Go ahead and park the flatbed in the corner of my house… you’re the one with the heavy machine gun.

44. Somewhere in the Los Angeles underground is a 7 year old and if you know how to find him…

45. You have to show a kid the ammo belt once in a while.

46. Angie says:

This is what happens when you let the kids spend the summer with Grambo.

47. Andy M says:

I never got to shoot a machine gun when I was a kid. Some people get all the luck! :-)

48. Don says:

Are you kidding me? Unbelievable…and please I don’t want to hear anything about the Right to Bear Arms or anything like that. This is wrong and so unsafe I can’t believe this was posted…that drink is gonna get knocked over before he empties that ammo box and stain the deck. And might I add nice touch using Grandpa as a brace for the recoil.

• charmy_canuck says:

Um Its better to teach kids about guns when they are young rather than when they get older. In a lot of states You can get a gun license for your kids as soon as they are born.
      I don’t get why people are so afraid to teach their kids firearms safety?! My brothers and I were around guns at a very young age and we knew that they were dangerous if used improperly! We respect firearms and we know what kind of damage they can do.

• Dan Brennan says:

I agree, it’s incredibly irresponsible to let a kid walk on an unstained deck, and if he accidentally squeezes of a few rounds those hot spent casings are going to leave marks all over the bare wood.

• Faith says:

Ha ha ha ha Don! I’m snortin’ ha ha ha ha snort ha ha ha ha. I didn’t even notice grandpa!

• Nowax says:

What’s more irresponsible is ALLOWING any private citizen to own a gun like this in the first place!

Amazing. I guarantee you, this is NOT what the Founding Fathers were thinking about when they wrote the 2nd Amendment.

We are sure as sherbet going to have another civil war in this country and it’s going to be the sane people vs. all the crazy gun nuts (and the gun companies that are making a ton of cash off of them)!

• Mark says:

Did you actually READ Don’s post? Or did your natural kneejerk upon seeing a gun in the picture prevent you from processing sarcasm?

• Tim S says:

Nowax, sure as shortening, if we do have the civil war you predict, the crazy gun nuts are gonna be the winners. Maybe you oughta think about joining us.

• Nowax says:

Guns are for neanderthals. When are you people going to evolve?

• Steph says:

Spoken like someone who’s never been a victim. I’m sure when a woman is getting raped simply because she’s weaker and defenseless, she’ll be glad that she took the intellectual “high road” and chose not to carry.

• Nowax says:

I know a lot about the Founding Fathers, and I know that the Founding Fathers were men of Reason and moderation. They did not intend for individuals to start their own militias. They intended citizens to form state militias. Not personal armies.

Why don’t you do a little research and actually read the papers of the Founding Fathers? They are available on line and are very informative.

PS: I would bet that you would be on the LOSING side of history. I once read something about “He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword,” and “The meek shall inherit the earth.” (But you probably think that’s socialist, atheistic, commie, etc. propaganda.

• Nowax is whack says:

You make me laugh. I doubt you have actually read the Federalist Papers, or you would know that our founders very much intended for citizen groups to form their own militias if they so chose. How do you think the Green Mountain Boys who fought Gen. Burgoyne’s thrust from Quebec came into being? They were not a state militia – there were no states! If the founders feared individual militias, they would have prohibited them in the US Constitution. Instead, the 2nd Amendment was ADDED to the original document by the Anti-Federalists to firmly establish that the right of the people to bear arms already implicitly existed. The Bill of Rights is not exhaustive – it is to keep people like you from fabricating restrictions on personal liberty in areas that are particularly likely to be your targets. The Federalists were against a bill of rights because they knew clowns like you would take such a list of individual rights to be exhaustive. They were both wrong. You manage to take a specifically listed individual right and turn it into a specific individual prohibition while claiming a superior knowledge of both side’s intent! You are the very reason why the rest of us MUST remain armed. What right will you cowardly enemies of personal liberty attack next?

And now, let’s play your game:

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. (Luke 22:36)

Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. (Psalms 144:1)

You probably think you’re the only one with a Bible.

• Matt says:

Umm… Does the military have firearms like this? (the answer of course, is YES). Which means, if you knew anything about the founding fathers, that the PEOPLE not only should, but MUST own firearms like this. A large part of the 2nd Amendment protection of arms was to ensure that the people could always stand against the government in order to prevent the tyranny that the founding fathers knew could easily happen again.

• Nowax says:

Yeah right. And every Minute Man had a cannon in their back yard…

• Mike says:

actually, they were purchased by private citizens, and Matt is correct, ya damn liberal.
            and anyone with that type of weapon will no be using it to commit a crime. That’s just ridiculous to think taking away guns will lower violent crime.
            ya know what it will do?
            MAKE THE CRIMINAL MARKET FOR ILLEGAL GUNS MORE PROFITABLE

• angelfirett says:

Ooooh, Nowax people like you make me want to scream. You think because you don’t own a gun you are evolved. Think again. If you think taking guns away from us “gun nuts” is a good idea you have another thing coming. There is a saying “Outlaw guns and only the outlaws will have guns”. You probably also think all those gun laws stop crimes. I have news for you it is the criminals (you know the same ones you liberals protect) who break the LAW not the law abiding registered gun owners. You are after the wrong person. You dolt!!!! Evolved my @$$!!!

• Nerd says:

The only reason private militias like the GMB’s were formed was because there were no federal or state armies in most of the country at the time. Especially in Vermont, there was nobody to protect the US/Canada boarder except the citizens who lived in the area. Same as The Alamo near the US/Mexico boarder.

There is no room for private militias in todays United States, nor would they be tolerated by our government, regardless of their political stance.

• Teetsee says:

Hilarious Don! stain the deck… tooo funny!

• Sara says:

You do realize that it’s not a deck it’s a flatbed truck.

• Don says:

Actually Sara I didn’t till I read a later post. I hereby recall my poor attempt at humor, my brazen attack on our Bill of Rights, my attempt to stir up the smoldering flames of Civil War, showing my inept observation skills…I’m off to Basken Robbins for a strawberry sherbert.

• Hunter says:

I was gonna say what Sarah said. And that rather large bevvy has a nice plastic lid on it, so don’t worry about staining the truck.

What I DO find awkward is that neither of the adults in this picture have any interest in what the kid is doing. I mean along the lines of “HEY!! WE’VE GOT A MACHINE GUN ON THE BACK OF A TRUCK!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT?”
        I’d at least be giving my little one some pointers, or looking over his shoulder to see if he was hitting the target.

• Matt says:

Can you please tell me what, if anything, is unsafe about this? They are not (at least that the picture shows) pointing the rifle at anything unsafe, the kid is wearing eye and ear protection. And, look at the picture, grandpa isn’t even touching the mount or the kid. When I was that age I was competing with a rifle with other children of the same age. I competed for YEARS without a single safety violation or accident ever occurring. So what is your problem with this picture? There is nothing “wrong” or “unsafe” about this.

• Don says:

You win. I have no problem with this picture. I was attempting to make a funny comment that obviously has caused you angst these past few days…for that I apologize. You are right…there is nothing “wrong” or “unsafe” about this picture. That is the bed of a pickup truck. He is wearing eye and ear protection. Grandpa is not doing anything other than sitting there. I bet the cup is empty. I like the Hawaiin shirt guy’s mustache…you have to give me something here though. The tree appears to be photoshopped (sigh) ???

• haha says:

I’m with you Don!! Come on people…be more careful where you set those drinks!! Think about the wood finish.

• Claire says:

Don, you didn’t mention the little guy’s flip-flops, they are the coolest things out. Geez, what were you thinking. You should be banned from the internet for that!!

• Trish says:

Don, greatness is often misunderstood. Thanks for keeping it fun!

• lollerpops says:

and besides! I don’t think he’s wearing sunscreen! UV DANGER.

49. Jeff B says:

you’ll shoot your eye out, you’ll shoot your eye out!