Behind The Awkwardness: Kids

May 4th, 2010

Behind The Awkwardness: Kids - Pets

“This is me and my three brothers forced into khakis and yellow pastel shirts and dragged to a portrait studio that featured live goats and bunnies and hay. It should be noted that we were the only people getting our picture taken above the age of three. Also, shortly after this picture was taken one of the goats peed on my brother to the far right.”

(submitted by Sarah)

7 Responses to “Behind The Awkwardness: Kids”

1. PamPaws says:

Now, THOSE are some obedient kids!

2. Melanie says:

Am I missing something here? Is there some old American tradition about bunnies and goats? That’s a weird combination.

3. Lynxx says:

Everyone has at least one “They-dragged-me-kicking-and-screaming-into-this-photo” memory. Been there, done that, and now, at the age of 60, I find these photos are often my favorites.

Being a good sport has its rewards, and you’ll be glad you went along with it. Except for your brother, of course.

By the way, being peed on by a goat is good luck. (I made that up, but it will make him feel better.)

• Rebekah says:

Lynxx: you have the right attitude. That picture is adorable! At least this family took the time to get together and have a portrait taken and made some memories. Even if some of them were less pleasant than others. The bunnies are so cute and the love of the siblings is obvious.

• ShellyBean says:

Agreed!! My brother and I still laugh with my parents over old pics like this…and the joking NEVER gets old.

4. Tess says:

Yes, this is the type of family memory you’ll never forget, no matter how hard you try. Some day, after years of therapy, you may all laugh at this — but it will take a little longer for the brother that got goat peed.

5. KIMI D. says: