Twelve Is Enough

June 30th, 2010

Twelve Is Enough - Family Portrait

See if you can spot the same people posing as different people.

(submitted by Eric)

148 Responses to “Twelve Is Enough”

1. Harry says:

Joke or not that one dude on the end it pissed

2. Ninja_Girl says:

My guess is that there are two sets of twins. #1 & #2 in the first row are one set (matching pink tops!), and #3 & #4 in the first row are the second set. Everyone looks too young to be a parent, so I’m positive there’s no mom or dad in this picture.

3. Freckles says:

…. Or do we have to wait for the inevitable TLC show to solve this mystery?

4. Freckles says:

I don’t think the parents are in the photo; I think all 14 are siblings. There were 12 pregnancies, producing 10 singletons and 2 sets of twins. So, I think the caption means try to determine the two sets of twins? Which I can’t.

Eric or AFP, anytime you wanna put us out of our misery and TELL US would be great!

5. Frimmy says:

I think Mom is second from the left. Dad second from right. Not that they look old enough…I also thought it was 14 sons and daughters originally. Nice looking daughters.

6. Leslie says:

So they all look alike – where’s the funny?

7. Jenny says:

Not only do these people look a lot alike, there doesn’t appear to be much of an age spread. If this is really 14 siblings, can you imagine what their house was like about 20 years before this picture was taken?

8. Jill says:

This looks like the Gilbertson family I knew in MN back in the late 70s. The moved to FL. I didn’t know all the kids names, just Leah, the youngest girl (and the girl in the red shirt looks just like her but a couple of years older).

9. CatiK says:

I think I have just spent 10 quality minutes of my life looking at this photo and trying to determine if there are twins or not, parents or not, or if maybe they are all mannequins… :-) i love this website!

10. ellen says:

I don’t see why this is awkward.

11. Okie Dokie says:

Alrighty then….

12. Brandy says:

That woman sure can stay in shape after 12 kids!

13. cheryl says:

I don’t understand why this is awkward?

14. Lily says:

This is OBVIOUSLY photoshopped -hahahahahaha!

15. Joanne says:

IF the mom is the woman and red and had 12 kids-kudos to her-she looks fantastic!!

16. Sandee says:

come one ERIC, spill the beans and put us out of our misery of torturous wonderment pondering your lovely family pic!

17. momela says:

My parents are late 50′s and early 60′s and they don’t look “old”, which makes me think that Argyle Sweater guy and Pink Sweater lady (2nd from left) are the parents. They appear young at first glance, but when you look closer there are signs of age. And the way they’re arranged would be three daughters in the middle, Mom and Dad on either side of them, and all the sons surrounding. Kind of an odd way to do it, but I guess it makes sense.

18. wingzofsteel says:

Hey, that’s Jack Bauer in the back row! No wonder he looks familiar!

19. Mah says:

They are ALL the same person, as well as a cunning ‘shopper.

20. MkeLaurie says:

There will be no hating on Wisconsin (Steve and Angela I am talking to you!) but I do have to say, I looked at this photo and said, “Dang, I think I went to high school with some of these people [in Wisconsin].”

• Steve says:

In fairness, this could have been any state. The difference is, in NJ or NY it would’ve been early to mid 80′s, whereas in Wisconsin it would’ve been mid-late 90′s.

I love Wisconsin, I really do, I vacation there every year, but let’s face it, the “butt-cut” and the mullet hung around there a LOT longer than it did everywhere else (Minnesota and the UP of Michigan are just as bad, lest they think they can mock WI as well).

• MkeLaurie says:

Well, Steve. I appreciate your honesty.

And in return, I must tell you that my sister-in-law has been sporting the same pullet (perm + mullet) since I first met her in the early 1980s. It looks totally awesome with the Packer sweatshirt she wears to holiday gatherings.

• JaneC says:

Not quite everywhere else–have you ever been to Spokane, WA? Mullets still abound among the natives, both men and women.

21. HeatherW says:

The only thing I can guess is that these are all the sets of twins in a family (identical & fraternal), and most are seated by their twin. That’s just my guess, though.

22. Harry says:

It’s a nice family portrait. I don’t see what’s wrong.

23. gowincraz says:

There is no one in this picture who could be the parents of all of these adult children. They would have to be 50-60 years old – yes? I would say 14 is enough. The oldest person appears to be in their 40′s (either the bearded guy in the back or the argyle sweater in the front.)

24. marilee says:

As they all look the same age, maybe there are twins, triplets, quads?????? Would somebody PLEASE explain this photo being here??

• joy says:

1. Awesome 80s look: hair, perms, mustaches, scrunch boots and acid wash jeans.
      2. Apparently 14 siblings in one family (I’m hoping, would not be as impressive if they were merely cousins). I don’t think 5-6 on the front row are the parents.
      3. Caption: “See if you can spot the same people posing as different people.”
      4. What the caption means: Several siblings look wackily similar, enough to be twins or triplet: face, smile, hair, beards, etc. Especially 3, 4 & 5 on the back row; 6 & 7 on the back row, 1 & 7 on the front row and 3-4 on the front row.
      5. No one likes a spoilsport who needs to have funny stuff explained to them.

25. CarrieM says:

Their genes had one good idea and stuck with it.

26. Anthony O'Neill says:

The girls are pretty hot in an ’80′s kind of way…

27. Kim says:

I believe the AFP overlords mean, “See if you can spot the 2 sets of twins.” I vote for the 4 in the middle of the 1st row. Blue sweater girl and brown boots girl are identical twins, and blue suede boots girl and gray sweater guy are fraternal twins. Nice looking people. If you put 14 people from my family in a photo, it would not be an aesthetically pleasing experience.

28. Dave W says:

The second and third guys from the left in the back look very much like two guys I went to high school with. That was in Utah, which may also explain the size of the family!

29. Tim S says:

Rules of Portrait Photography:
    #27
    When the group is wider than your background paper, go for 3 rows.

• Duderino says:

That’s the first thing I realized when analyzing the pictures. They’re from the mustache club pic that was previously posted here! Hilarious! That mustache club photo was absolutely AMAZING!

30. kathy says:

they all look roughly around the same ages, so im hoping there are some cousins mixed in there somewhere!!

31. Stay Thirsty says:

The first and last dude in the back row are the same…. And the third guy from the left in the back row is the same smiley bookend seated on the right in the front row!

32. Mad H says:

As well as the one pointed out with the glasses, they tried to fool us with a different hairstyle but 3rd in from top left and bottom right are so much the same—maybe they are twins! How many of these are twins?! The two on the bottom left look practically the same if they weren’t opposite gender! The upper right two tried to fool us with more hair but they’re also practically the same.
    I find all this extreme resemblance kind of eerie, especially since my brothers and I only share a bare few traits in common.

• Lava Girl says:

I think #3 at top (green) and the last guy at the bottom in grey are twins, #1 and #4 could be twins. but they all do have such a striking resemblance… my grandma had 3 sets of twins… so its possible.

• Margo says:

I was gonna say that there has to be multiples in this family! Also, if lady in red is mom, she looks pretty darn good for having 12 kids!

33. HelloKalli says:

What?!?! What is Zack Galifinakis doing in this family photo?!?!

34. Working? says:

Could someone explain his photo to me. I don’t get it.

35. alleycat says:

just a guess but I think mom is in the red and dad is sitting to her left …

• jon says:

nah, i think the dad is the one BEHIND the lady in the red (the guy wearing the blue..he’s the only one with grey hair!)

• Joe says:

Having grey doesn’t necessarily show how old one is. I worked with a 22 yr old guy who had grey hair. Besides, dad could have uses hair die. I’m with alleycat on this one.

• Ali says:

I agree, that’s Mom in the red- but I dont think the guy next to her is the Dad. He has the same body language as my brother that’s really into musical theater (wink wink)

• melancholy says:

No, I think mom is in the black and gray sweater (the one you called dad) and dad is in the dark blue behind her.

36. Uh, you mean 12 plus parents? Who would the parents be?

37. Jamesa says:

@Caption Eh?

38. Amber Sorenson says:

I want to put this picture in my house, over the fireplace. I wish I was this family. AMZING

39. alftuba says:

I don’t get it.

40. Awkward Turtle says:

Attack of the Cosby sweaters!

41. nadia says:

i don’t get it…

42. Steve says:

I’m going to take a stab in the dark and say that this photo was taken somewhere in Wisconsin.

Last year.

• Angela says:

That is hilarious!! I’m getting ready to visit Wisconsin tomorrow – and my friend made me swear to take pictures of the hair and clothes so we can giggle about it when I get back. You’re so right!!

• Wisconsin says:

WINNER!! haahaahaa… best comment ever!

• Mimi says:

Not cool, man. I live in Wisconsin.

• Steve says:

Then do what everyone else in Wisconsin does….claim this was actually taken in Minnesota.

• Crys says:

Ha! Another win!

• coNNie says:

Do not travel to Wisconsin, you might have to drive through Illinois (use the “s” at the end).

And isn’t there still snow on the ground (year round I hear).

Grab me a package of brats (say it with a Boston accent) while you’re there.

And snap a picture of a 24 point buck (male deer).

Then go home to your homogenus (look it up) locale and giggle at all of the fun you had.

• coNNie says:

homogeneous (sorry)

• Nicole says:

I’m from Boston and sitting in my Boston apartment as I type……… and the point of the Boston accent is to not pronounce the R’s. There’s no words in your poem or whatever that can be pronounced without the R.

43. Chad says:

Where’s maw and paw?

44. zeppie says:

Well…now we all know what Mom and Dads hobby is!

45. Cori says:

It’s like a CRAZY Highlights magazine puzzle!!!!

46. clara wolfe says:

….. i don’t see it, they all look vaguely similar.

47. Paula says:

The two guys in the back (middle) look familiar. Is it possible they were featured in another photo on this site?

48. adfogg says:

All the cousins at the familt reunion. Only slighly awkward. Please don’t say it is here because of the fashions they are wearing. That string of awkwardness is overdone.

49. Riss says:

They tried to throw us with the glasses but 1 and 4 in the back row are definitely the same person.

• jmoore says:

none of them are the same person… they just look similar (same family/fashion) and they made that caption probably to make everyone else start looking harder to try and find something that’s not there. durrr.

• Riss says:

That’s unlikely. What’s more likely is that this family has mastered the art of manipulating the space-time continuum.

• humor says:

i’m pretty sure Riss knew it was meant to be funny and was just playing along with the caption…at least i hope.

• Lava Girl says:

Ummmm I think Riss was making a joke… LOLOLOL durrrr… HA!

• whitmore says:

i’m pretty sure Riss was just covering up his tracks with his 2nd post. at least that’s what it seems like… he probably honestly bought the caption.

• CarrieM says:

Irony is not your strong point, jmoore. We’re all aware they’re not actually the same person.

• Will says:

thanks to jmoore, it is not funny anymore…

my arguement, however, stands independently of humor…they are the same person posing as twelve across space-time….

• Croz says:

There is also the fact the title says 12 is enough when theres 14, so I like his joke. Its just that some people obviously live in ‘way to serious land’

• TC says:

Yeah…that’s not “irony” so it’s obviously not your strong point either…

• Carlos says:

Either Riss was being ironic or he REALLY believes 1 and 4 in the back row are the same person.

Some people really know how to kill a joke!

• Heather says:

HaHA!!

• Montana Jones says:

@ CarrieM.

Writing and Comedy within the English language apparently isn’t your strong point… do you even know what ‘irony’ means???

• Tbag says:

lol irony? i think you need a dictionary lmao

• CarrieM says:

Irony = incongruity between what actually happens and what might be expected to happen, something humorous based on contradiction. When Riss said person 1 and 4 were actually the same person, he was being funny and ironic. To which jmoore responded, No, they’re not. Well obviously they’re not. Riss was being ironic. That’s not so difficult, is it?

• tawny says:

geez. everbody needs to chill out. haha.

• Mariah says:

Agreed! Lol. All of the CarrieM/Lava Girl/Will/Ingrid guys need to chill OUT! This is just a humor site. Don’t get all serious about comments!!! Geez.

• kim g says:

Wait so someone can INCORRECTLY try to correct someone else, but when others stick up for the original commenter, who was right all along, they’re being too serious?