Multi-Tasking

August 12th, 2010

Multi-Tasking - *AFP Hall Of Fame*

You have always been his number one priority.

(submitted by Doni)

173 Responses to “Multi-Tasking”

1. Jessica says:

Way better than propping the bottle up like a lot of parents do! For you judgemental idiots you should realize that there are a MULTITUDE of reasons a woman could not breastfeed. Lots of them are very personal and none of your business. I myself tried desperately to breastfeed both my children and it worked with one and not with the other. Hours spent crying and talking with the nurses trying to get my son to nurse. Also what if the baby is adopted? Stop judging what you do not know.

On topic I love this picture! Made me laugh.

2. Jane says:

Ya know… baby’s quiet… dad’s quiet… all good to me XD

3. Mina says:

Like a boss.

4. anono musss says:

ok, so I firstly want to say that I am a parent and that man deserves to watch the game, every chance possible take the time to cuddle that baby, but seriously have a little “me” time because if you are constantly catering to that baby it will be spoiled and you will resent caring for it. this is some bad ass parenting, go whoever you are!

5. CG says:

The best part of the photo is that he is a USC fan and is West Virginia University on the game. The baby is fine and he wants to be a Mountaineer, where is the porblem?

6. Connie Wilder says:

1) It’s funny. Dads are weird and do weird stuff. Maybe they even posed for the picture as a joke.
    2) Stop being judgmental jerks. Maybe the Mom pumped the milk or maybe the baby is just no a cooperative eater.

• Tamr says:

Who are you to be judging anyone? Freedom of speech is protected under the first Ammendment. Everyone gets to have an opinion not just you.

7. Rebecca says:

Nice military housing!

8. Jen says:

Hilarious! Way to get things done Dad!

9. hairbowsnhockeysticks says:

I think it’s a cute picture. For those who are offended, relax a little, it could be worse, he could have propped the bottle :P

10. mom of two says:

get over yourselves i have two kids and you can bond with bottle time but you dont have to with every bottle sometimes your just over it and you want to get the feeding over and done with and like others have pointed out at least he is trying and at least mom is having a break

11. Nicole says:

I agree why can’t he take a few minutes to feed his child without his games? Then again this is a pretty funny picture.. weather hes big bro or father though its kinda funny to see, but I wouldnt let my childs father do it.. he’d better wake up before that kid is old enough to tell him what to do, haha.

12. Ash says:

This is absolutely reflective of my husband as well.

I find it doubly sad that I can tell just by the flooring that this man is in the military. Though that is unrelated to this picture I think it’s great he even gets to be home and feed his newborn child! It isn’t like he is sitting there playing a video game while his child is laying there screaming with poo coming out all sides of its diaper.

And as for breastfeeding, who is ANYONE to judge the way a baby is fed? It is NO one’s place to tell a mother she is WRONG for choosing formula over breastfeeding, or the other way around. It amazes me that in a world stuffed full of political correctness, postpartum women are among the most harshly judged and at no other point in my life did I ever feel so bombarded by the opinions of those I did not know.

13. Mary says:

haha You ALLLLLLL think to much lol

14. TabooSushi says:

Wow people need to lighten up. Maybe, like people have said, he IS a great dad and is just having a not-so-full-attention moment. Babies don’t need your ABSOLUTELY UNDIVIDED ATTENTION every damn second of the day, you know. As long as he at least makes sure she doesn’t choke (which I’m sure he will) and takes the proper after-steps of feeding then who cares how he does it.

I play World of Warcraft and I’m a mom. Does breastfeeding my baby while I run a few quests make me a bad parent just because I’m not sitting in an armchair staring intently at him the whole time? I still give him more love than I can possibly describe, but sometimes even parents need a little break from all the cooing and cuddling, and so does the baby.

15. Chachi says:

Some people are offended by the possibility that it’s baby formula and not breastmilk. Others are offended that it seems he’s neglecting his child. 1) Some people feed their babies formula–get over it. However, first thing I thought was that it was breastmilk in a bottle. It’s no big deal. 2) He may be a fantastic dad, we’re just catching him in a moment of having divided attention, which everyone is guilty of and it’s not a big deal.

PS, I got the “women’s libber” joke, Jenna, and I thought it was pretty funny. :)

Feel free to agree or disagree with what you see/read on this website, but I wouldn’t suggest over-analyzing something like this.

16. Ang says:

Seriously, people are upset over this? One:some women cannot breastfeed. I had toxemia and delivered at 34 weeks. The meidication used to save my life and my daughter’s was expressed through my milk and was too acidic for my baby. So she had formula, she’s 10 now, and no weirder than any other 10 yr old girl is. Two:My husband was told by her pediatrician that laying her next to him and bottle feeding was a comfortable solution for both of them, and he did burp her and snuggle her afterwards. He also did this playing PS2. He is not the man in the pic, but he is a heck of a daddy and I wouldn’t trade him for the world.

17. Pamela. says:

I have a picture almost exactly like this with my husband and daughter except he is on facebook haha its hilarious.

18. Byrd says:

The things we do for Madden lol

19. Amanda says:

Why is this a problem? People can’t multitask? I don’t understand it, also this isn’t awkward at all…my fiance did it with our daughter and most of the dads I know do it. It’s not new or anything, it totally should not be up here.

20. Jesse says:

Haha did anyone ever think maybe this isn’t dad, but big brother stuck babysitting? XD

21. Ashley says:

He’s actually caring more about the baby than some dads would.

22. Jenny Fast says:

Oh COME ON! At least he’s feeding it so Mom can have some time off! I think this is awesome! :)

23. Jon says:

It would be funny if baby was older. Feeding the little ones should be a little more sacred than this? IMO. I have 2 and one on the way. Press pause man.

24. Sara says:

Reminds me of myself with a newborn on the breast answering email on the computer. Go Dad! You can bond with her during the 1,000s of diapers you are changing or the 100s of baths.

25. lamecube says:

funniest thing is that it’s not even a PS2. He’s gonna raise that there child with a Game Cube!

26. sierra says:

oh come on you guys. this is hilarious!!!!

27. Brent says:

He isn’t sleeping, he is playing PS2. He could be pausing the game so he can get up to feed the kid. I play games and take care of my daughter, it isn’t that hard.

28. Lana says:

Oh, get over it. At least he’s feeding the baby and not shaking it to death so he can watch the game!

29. Bruin says:

the guy is simply exhibiting the parenting skills of your typical trOJan.

30. Grandmother of 2 says:

very sad. i hope this father sees this as his wake up call and changes his sleeping self into a loving father.

• coo-coo-ca-choo says:

Lighten up, Grandma. It’s funny. How do you know he’s not a loving father? It must be exhausting jumping to conclusions all the time!

• Ashley says:

Lighten up. At least mom gets a break. A lot of dead beat men go father babies and leave.. He’s actually sticking around which is more than I can say for some men.

• DZ says:

I don’t know if better-than-some is the quality I’d look for in a father to my kid….

but I’m not judging this guy because there are more than one still frames in my life that I would like to have changed–whether accurate or not!

31. Emily says:

Pretty sad to me…even if there is formula in that most unnurturing method of feeding a bottle, I could just never put nasty formula with acceptable amounts of rat feces and crushed glass with enough iron to make my baby’s intestines bleed. Blech!
    Dad looks like a hot thang, too!

• coo-coo-ca-choo says:

Judgmental much? Maybe it’s expressed breastmilk in that bottle.

• E says:

You obviously didn’t think before you posted this. SOME WOMEN CAN NOT BREAST FEED AND HAVE TO USE FORMULA. People like you piss me off.

• E says:

i absolutley HATE when tree hugging parents bash other parents who dont do things the way YOU do!!! everybody knows what is best for THEIR child…..and obviously this isnt your child, get a life instead of bashing other parents.

• Cindy says:

Wow! Must be hard to be as perfect as you are! So high and mighty about baby formula and then show your true self with the last comment. nice

• loyalangel says:

How do you know it’s not breast milk? Maybe mom is working. Maybe mom is taking a shower. Maybe mom is taking a much needed nap. Maybe mom is medication that causes her not to be able to breastfeed. Don’t be so judgmental. You never know what is going on with someone else. At least the baby is being fed and not left screaming.