Multi-Tasking

August 12th, 2010

Multi-Tasking - *AFP Hall Of Fame*

You have always been his number one priority.

(submitted by Doni)

173 Responses to “Multi-Tasking”

1. David says:

what can you expect from a USC man.

2. Sam says:

The problem i see with this is that he’s playing a sports game, not a real video game.

3. Chrissy says:

The bottle is the kid with the bag in it and you push it up to get out the air…it’s a little old fashioned, but I don’t see the controversy.

4. Sara says:

Actually this isn’t staged. At all. That baby, is now 3 1/2 half years old, born in January 2007. She is my daughters friend. Her mother put this link on her facebook page because she was thrilled her photo made the website. This website probably didn’t exist when the picture was taken.

5. John says:

Wow! I’m honored to have set off such a fire storm! I’ll concede the points about the bottle. Incidentally, I have 4 kids and they all refused to take a bottle. I still say the photo was staged because the game is paused and you can’t play football one handed. Now before you post 80 more posts to tell me that you CAN play one handed, I’ll concede that there are one or two geniuses out there who can, but most cannot.

• JerseyPam says:

If you’ll concede the photo wasn’t staged for a website that didn’t exist at the time, I’ll concede the photo was a set up for the future divorce/custody proceedings.
      Growing up an Air Force brat, I always heard Army guys are trained to do alot of things one handed.

• No says:

Wrong on the bottle thing, wrong on the staging part, John. (Read Doni’s comment above.) Why don’t you assert something easy, like “I’ll bet that’s a baby girl.” You’d have that all wrapped up.

6. Doni says:

I’m the one to submit this picture-this is very real taken in 2007 in our army housing (my husband was in the army at the time), my daughter was about a month old and I had to go start laundry and asked my husband to feed her (he was always complaining that I was breastfeeding too much so he couldn’t feed her too). I came back in the room and this is what I saw, I snapped the picture really quick and then laid into him for not supporting her head and for not even paying attention! Needless to say he never did it again…as for some of the comments about him needing to grow up-completely true and it was stunts like this that eventually led to our divorce.

7. lizzie says:

This isn’t awkward – it’s a guy’s way of doing it.

8. adfogg says:

At least no one said it was photoshopped.

9. RHB says:

I don’t think this was staged. If one was going to stage a photo, don’t you think they’d tidy up first? They would want the awkwardness to center around the human subject in the photo, not just the random garbage lying around. There are so many skeptics on here, waiting with their pitchforks to cry, “Photoshop!” “Conspiracy!” “Burn the witch!” While I’d love to have you all on the case if anything ever happens to me or a loved one — you’d solve the crime in minutes — your comments are… well, bummers.

10. MultitaskingDad says:

I see nothing wrong with this. I used to sit on couch late at night with my daughter laying on my chest sleeping on those nights she just wanted to be held. The whole time I was playing Xbox. The more impressing multitasking was standing on one foot, using the other to push the stroller back and forth while washing dishes.

• JerseyPam says:

You have a very lucky wife and daughter. We want a picture of the one foot stroller pushing while dishwashing, please. Not that I don’t believe you, it would just be so amazing.

11. tishwishes says:

The most awkward thing here is the series of redundant and boring comments posted in response to the first really ignorant one. Less soap boxes and more photo enjoyment people!

12. Alan says:

“Hey Honey. I’m thirsty,get me a beer. And would it be too much to ask you to hold it to my lips?”

13. Michael says:

reminds me of my son, who became a dad WAY too young. I’d walk in the living room and find him trying to play XboX or Wii while he fed his son. I’d walk over, unplug the TV and say.. NOW you feed him. It took Michael a couple of months to learn, but he did it.. eventually. He’s turned out to be a really good Dad, once he grew up a little

14. Dy says:

Is it wrong that I saw this picture and called my husband over to tell him there was a picture posted of him?

• lori says:

i agree with you dy. i actually had to take a double take to make sure this wasnt actually a picture of my husband and daughter.

15. Diana says:

The bottles are made by Playtex and they are the kind that you put a plastic bag/insert/liner in and fill the bag up with formula. I know…I used them for my daughter!! It was supposed to be more sanitary and less air so baby didn’t get gas!! This is not a fake bottle, it’is filled with formula and it’s not photo shopped at all!!

16. Bub says:

I don’t think playing video games counts as a task.

17. Nolan says:

Actually the bottle is totally real (it’s the kind with the disposable inserts) and the packaging looks like a teether or a pacifier. I didnt read the 50 posts ahead of mine so I dont know if anybody pointed this out already, I’m guessing not. If anyone thinks I’m right, just post the exact same thing (or slightly different wording, like bimky instead of pacifier) after this.

18. Marigen says:

Kind of grew tired of people explaining the same thing. Why do you think it was staged????. I have a pic of my husband taking care of our baby, both asleep. I dont think there is anything wrong with the guy playing while feeding the baby. He probably holds the baby lots of times but he wanted to play some video games at that moment.

19. LoveThisSite says:

Why in the world would anyone stage this?

20. Rhonda says:

This is exactly what my husband did with our first son. He did it so often when I was gone that my son didn’t like to be held when fed – he prefered to lay next to you! I threatened my husband that he better not do that when we had our second child. He kept his word!

21. JBoz says:

Let’s hope they took the time to child-proof this place before she started crawling. Jeez, between the cords hanging down from the heavy unstable TV, with the game systems and components perched precariously on top of the unstable TV which sits on top of the unstable homemade box, and the plastic packaging lying around – this place is a friggin’ deathtrap.

22. Jax says:

I’m a mom, and this was me when my son was a baby. Except it was a desktop pc, and an episode of Columbo. Actually to the first poster, I see formula in what looks to be a playtex nurser with the disposable plastic sheaths that hold the formula…and the packaging looks like a teether or a pacifier. All of which were always scattered around on my table when he was a baby. ;)

23. Amy says:

Hey John – If you look closely, that looks more like packaging for a set of binky’s or paci’s not for a bottle. It’s a new baby so I am sure she started to fuss and they were trying everything to get her to settle down. No need to stage a picture like this. Happens more so than you think. My husband took one of me breastfeeding while playing on the xbox. :)

24. Tonya says:

Looks like my husband and our first born….ah, the memories of bonding.

25. Jack says:

I don’t see anything unusual here.

26. ally says:

Totally agree with John (11:06am). This photo is not awkward, it’s just stupid. Let’s bring back the truly awkward and embarrassing photos we have come to love on this site! : )

27. MamaJenn says:

This situation is so familiar! My husband would prop my son in his lap with the bottle balanced against his chest so he could keep both hands on the controller. I don’t know that the package on the coffee table belongs to that particular bottle- even if it does, I would absolutely believe that this dad would pop open a new bottle, fill ‘er up and start lunchtime. If it was the fastest and easiest route…

28. Min says:

actually he wished for a baby boy….

29. opal says:

actually @ John, it looks like one of those bottles with the bags in it and they obviously have a newborn, why would they have to go out and buy a bottle if they already should have some on hand. Oh, and the packaging looks like it belongs to a pacifier. I just want to know how he was playing the video game one handed while laying down.

30. annette says:

That IS my husband! I think it is most husbands!

• Denise says:

So true. My husband loves our kids but this scene wouldn’t surprise me at all. It is what it is.

• Sarah says:

How sad.. I would be ashamed to admit it if my husband was like this. Thankful that my husband took time out to snuggle, bond with and feed our babies.

31. Z says:

@John: It is the breast milk bottlethat you can pre-fill. not one that has the packaging still on it.

32. Sue says:

There IS something in that bottle. I use the brand and that left over packaging isn’t from the bottle. They don’t come wrapped. They come in a box. A blue one. That opens at the top. Smarty.

33. Not staged.... says:

@John, this wasn’t staged for AWP, look again at the details. He’s playing an old school PS2 and they have a GameCube. Even with a newborn he’d have at least a 360 since they’ve been out for years now. Further, the bottle doesn’t look empty — it has one of those bags of formula in it, hence the white in the center. And the packaging doesn’t look like it would fit the bottle.

• Sara says:

Not necessarily true. I played only old school nintendo when I was pregnant and when my daughter was a baby. I wasnt very good at tetris one handed, though.

• Kross says:

I have an old school PS2 that I still play. And I used to play on my original Nintendo until my mom accidentally gave it away.

Does this mean if I photoshop a PS2 or a Gamecube into a photo it becomes legit?

34. Graziela says:

I see dad is bonding nicely with baby. How sad, not awkward! What will be awkward is their relationship when she’s grown up.

@ John, there is something in that bottle, formula. It’s those drop in bottle liners. :)

35. Sara says:

Not awkward as much as AWESOME! And John, the package there is for a paci, not a bottle.

36. CarrieM says:

He didn’t realize for the longest time he was actually holding the bottle to her forehead.

37. Chris says:

I used to do this when my daughter was newly born about nine yers ago. The difference is that I usually had her on a pillow, not a folded blanket. Brings back good memories……Thanks.

• Ohmy says:

Wow, pathetic.

• umm says:

What’s so pathetic about that? To each their own, he’s not doing anything to harm the baby. Parenting isn’t an exact science, every parent does things differently. If anything, I think YOU’RE pathetic for making such an idiotic comment.

38. Jennifer says:

This was my house.. my husband could play Halo and feed the baby at the same time.. but sat in a chair.. lol

39. Tim S says:

What’s awkward about this is that controller actually has a wire attached!

40. Dorie says:

Sorry John, that packaging is for pacifiers not a bottle. It could have been set up but that is obviously not a paci in that kids mouth.

41. Jen R says:

That’s an OSU grad for you! :)

42. Raquel says:

I also agree this was totally staged!

43. Raquel says:

How is this awkward?

44. TrojanFan88 says:

I guess the slur “University of Spoiled Children” actually applies here…

45. kayjay says:

I have a feeling that the baby was originally in the blue bouncer but that wouldn’t work…to high up to reach the baby…so he just put her on a blanket for easy reaching and ignoring.

46. kayjay says:

47. keimloesch says:

Who says men can’t multitask.

48. Nicole says:

Wow. Time for dad to grow up! Or maybe not.

49. Yep says:

That will be my husband as soon as we have kids. I already know.

50. John says:

This would be more convincing if they had actually put something in the bottle and not left the packaging right out in the opening. The only thing awkward about this photo, is that it was taken to get on this website.

• jen says:

1 bottles don’t come in backaging like that
      2 that packaging is too small for the bottle anyway
      3 it is obvious there is milk in the bottle.

• Jenny says:

actually, the packaging looks like it’s for a pacifier. but good try buzzkill.

• Heather says:

You’re nuts! There’s milk in the bottle! It’s in a plastic insert inside the bottle moron. Jeeeez….been around babies much?!

• Lana says:

Overthink much? Yeah, they probably got the bottle for the shot, not for the newborn baby.

• ecajean says:

Regardless if it was staged or not, I know PLENTY of dad’s that have done it. If they had twins, he could have put one in the bouncy seat and with one of his feet, bounced her too! Who knows, that packaging could be binky packaging.

• Paul says:

The open package is for NUK Gerber pacifiers. Looks like the flash is reflecting off the recessed bottom of the bottle so hard to say if there is anything in it.

• TM says:

Actually the bottle is totally real (it’s the kind with the disposable inserts) – it’s playing a video game one handed that is less believable to me.

• momof3pretties says:

umm…there is clearly something in the bottle. Take an actual look in the bottle. It’s a bag bottle and I can see the milk/formula right there!

• Marsha says:

the packaging is for the pacifiers. I once nursed my son on one side, pumped the other (with a handless pump) and shopped online w my free hand, my mother in law just stared in disbelief.

• Jennie says:

There’s formula in the bottle. It’s a baggie-type. I don’t remember the official name for them, but you put the formula in the baggie, and the baggie in the bottle casing. Saves on washing.

• Jess says:

There is something in the bottle, it’s just one of those kinds of bottles that has the plastic liners that you squeeze the air out of. I used them for my son, and that’s what they looked like after the baby had gotten low on the milk inside it.

• Diana says:

That open package is not from the bottle.

• am50 says:

It looks like a Playtex Drop-In with formula in it to me. And the packaging on the coffee table isn’t the same shape as the bottle.

• Tammy says:

It’s a playtex bottle…what you are seeing is the liner with the “white’ formula inside. Not saying the picture isn’t staged but there is something in the bottle.

• Mom of 3 says:

If you take a look at the package on the table, you can see there is still one pacifier aka “binky” inside of the clear plastic part…From experience, those particular bottles (Playtex) don’t come in plastic/cardboard shrinkwrapped packages. I think you’re right about the staging to get on here though.

• Mom of 3 says:

And there is something in the bottle…those bottles have little plastic inserts that the formula or breastmilk go into…The shiny white in the bottom of the bottle is the insert filled with liquid.

• fns says:

i don’t think people actually *aspire* to be on awkward family photo

• crabbyal says:

You are dumb….That is a playtex bottle which is hollow and uses a plastic liner. And surely if someone was trying to get on this website, they would try a little harder.

• Chad says:

I think I see milk in the bottle, not much though.

• Heather says:

That package is too small for a bottle and it looks like the playtex kind anyway (with a liner for the formula)

• Mic C says:

What—Do you think they just bought a bottle for the baby to take this picture? Did they borrow the baby and all the other baby crap in the room for this photo? Can’t get anything by you!

• CC says:

I suppose you think the baby is fake too?

• CarrieM says:

That’s a pacifier package on the coffee table, not a bottle package. You can kind of tell by the pacifier lying next to it. And that’s a liner in that bottle, a liner which contains milk.

• Me says:

The packaging is for pacifiers not bottles and it appears as though the bottle is the kind with a bag for the milk in order to prevent Gas. Most babies that age will not suck on an empty bottle.

• Tara says:

Ummnn! It looks like that is the PACIFIER package on the coffee table…. and the cream colored “shimmer” is the formula…. and This would have been my husband if I did not breast feed.

• Kimberly says:

The really sad thing is that I don’t think it was staged. It makes me sad that children are ignored and not provided the human contact they need!

• carol says:

Have you ever given an empty bottle to a baby before? I know I haven’t, and it’s not something I’d want to try. I think the baby would be screaming in this photo if the dad had given her an empty bottle.

• Chris says:

So do we all agree ?? John doesn’t know what he is talking about !!!

• Jeff says:

well I say the bottle was photoshopped. And the packaging on the table was photoshopped. And the milk. And the video game controller. And the blanket. And the TV. And the socks. I say it’s actually a guy in a business suit sitting at a desk at work and it’s all just photoshopped so they could get on this website. which, come to think of it, is probably photoshopped too. Just like the keyboard I think I’m typing on. Yep – photoshopped for sure.

I don’t think I’m real at all – just very cleverly photoshopped so I could get a photoshopped comment on this photoshopped website

• Angel says:

it’s a sleeve that you slip into the bottle and pour your milk of choice in. I used them with my kids because it was more clean.

• laura says:

yeah, you obviously have never had kids…no one is gonna stage anything or care about some stupid website when they are caring for a newborn. Package is for a nuk paci not a bottle.