Liz Kids

August 27th, 2010

Liz Kids - Pets

Like a fine wine complementing a meal, iguanas are the perfect accessory for any turtleneck.

(submitted by Bethany)

17 Responses to “Liz Kids”

1. Thankyou for this wondrous post, Ipm

2. sjk says:

I love the kid on the left looking so casual with a lizard on his head.

3. JerseyPam says:

My son bought two of these iguanas at a Jersey shore boardwalk…Iggy Juana and his wife Mary. Luckily after about four months, I found a reptile collector who wanted them. We loved them alot but fed them so much romaine and celantro, when we put them on the floor they laid on their bellies and wiggled their legs. Winter was coming and I knew we couldn’t afford to feed them the greens, so we had to say goodbye.

Please don’t lynch me, we bought a book which told us what to feed them but not how MUCH to feed them.

• jc says:

I’m glad that you tried to research husbandry. From your post, however, it sounds like the book was lacking. Your lizards needed a greater variety to eat than cilantro and lettuce, plus vitamin/mineral supplements and a specific light. Good for the lizards that yoy were willing to rehome them.

• JerseyPam says:

We had them hooked up with lighting and a huge aquarium, supplements and fed them other fruits and veggies. I felt horrible about how fat they got in such a short time, so we gave everything to the collector. They LOVE cilantro! Not a cheap pet to own.

• Freckles says:

With names like theirs it seems only natural that they had the munchies.

4. Morcroft says:

I’m just trying to figure out why you would pay the prices of a professional photography for a goofy picture like this. The kids, I get. The reptiles, not so much.

5. backchat says:

The kids and lizards aren’t what’s awkward to me in this picture.

What the heck is that weird embryo looking thing in the crook of the girl’s right elbow?
    I have tried to enlarge it, but that just makes it all the freakier!

• schoolnurse says:

Maybe it’s brother’s left hand showing behind Sissy’s arm? Not sure, I’m as confused and freaked as you! All I can think about is the feeling of all those toes/claws tangling in her hair!

• CarrieM says:

Yeah, now that’s bugging me too. What IS that? Weird! I was a little grossed out just with the lizards, now I’m really kind of freaked out.

• Rae says:

It’s the brother’s hand… He’s got his fingers pressed against the prop.

• City Girl says:

His right hand? Not only do they not look like fingers, they’re not against a prop, and if that was his right hand, that would be an unnecessarily awkward way for him to sit.

6. Kate says:

What is in her elbow? It looks like a baby rat. It is no one else’s hand… I am confused?