Cinderfellas

November 4th, 2010

Cinderfellas - Behind The Awkwardness

“This is my 8th birthday. My mom’s gift was to dress up as Cinderella, and dress up my uncles as…. I have no idea!”

(submitted by Sofs)

86 Responses to “Cinderfellas”

1. Joshua says:

That should be the new police uniform. I’d never feel intimidated again!

2. Bill G says:

Somewhere, a circus is missing their trapeze act.

3. sevanderslice says:

Well duh, the uncles are the coach drivers, right? They used to be mice.

4. Jason Daley says:

When men do this, they REALLY love whoever they’re doing it for.

5. Rebecca says:

She says it was her 8th birthday, no-where does it say she is in the picture.

And I was the size of a 5 year old when I was 9 due to slow growth.

6. Lydia says:

Some of you people are so jaded. I see comments such as oh this is fake, this is Photoshopped, this party was more for the mother, blah, blalh, blah. Can’t you all just be happy that a family loved this little girl so much that they would go through the trouble of having this elaborate party for her.

7. Julia says:

I too am baffled by the story behind this photo, but there’s an obvious explanation for why Cinderella looks so unlike the “Swiss Guards” – they’re her brothers-in-law, not her own brothers.

8. jethrik says:

holy crap, hottest mom ever!

9. Leeler says:

I think this photo and story is b.s.
    1) “Mom” looks too young to have that kid;
    2) “Mom” looks nothing like her brothers;
    3) The “uncles” look nothing like one another;
    4) The kid in the photo is way younger than 8.

• luckybug says:

Nevertheless, those outfits were worn and this picture was taken, thus leading to awkwardness. Uncles could be in-laws.

• Rosieposie says:

Sorry to spoil your unbelief but
      1) mom was young and beautiful (even a little immature to make Sofs party about her)
      2)they are her brother-in-laws
      3)maybe the third brothers smaller moustache threw you off
      4)8 yr olds are usually belly button height

• D. Lee says:

I totally agree; this photo bugs me because it isn’t matching what we were told in the caption!

• Jo says:

1) The photo is so unclear, it’s hard to tell what she looks like. I always look good in blurry photos because it makes me looks 10 years younger. It’s really hard to judge from this picture.

2) She just said they were her uncles, not her mom’s brothers. They could be her dad’s brothers.

3) They do look similar to each other. If you take off all the moustaches, at least 3 of them look to be brothers. The one directly to the right of the “Mom” looks least like the other 3. Also, genetics. My siblings and I look barely related.

4) Totally agree with you on this one, though it doesn’t make the entire story fake. She looks like she’s maybe 4 or 5?

I’m wondering why a person would lie about their age in a picture. They clearly aren’t 8. How would you not remember??? And why would the mom dress up for the daughter’s party and not the daughter? That is what seems really awkward. I have also never seen a more unhappy looking Cinderella…

10. OneEighthWhiteBodewadmi says:

That’s your MOM??? She barely looks 12 in this shot!!!

11. Day says:

Two words: Feather Envy

12. Jesse says:

Mom looks reeeeeeeeally young O_O

13. Carole says:

The guy on the right is smiling because he is so glad he went with the green, yellow and red outfit instead of the blue, yellow and red that the others are wearing. Image how embarrassing it would have been had he shown up dressed just like the other three.

14. cdup says:

Are the two mustaches on the left real??

15. Dr. Blah says:

The uncle on the far left is hot!

16. boppie says:

I was really afraid this was some sort of super-awkward (and demented) wedding photo until I read the caption. Woman in long dress in center, adults in matching outfits at either side, and small child wearing flowers in the middle – ok, flower-patterned pants, but none of this is really rational – so it could have been a wedding party of some insane variety. And then I read the ‘explanation’. And…I think mine makes just as much sense!

17. Why is one guy in green and the others in blue? And who’s that slice of a person sneaking in on the right?
    Still, one woman gets four good-looking guys. Not a bad ratio, as far as I’m concerned. You go, Cinderella! What a woman!

18. Donna Lee says:

Hey! Don’t you get it? Just notice the tables/chairs in left corner; it’s a out-door costume party and mom said, “honey, it’s your birthday party too.” Someone is on the right side, note the slipper type shoe, more costume on another tiny guest… The only one not in costume is the birthday girl and she looks precious in her birthday dress.

19. Mah says:

Agreed there’s no way the child is 8 years old in the picture. Makes me tend to disbelieve the whole story.

20. Maryann says:

Your mom looks like she was all of 16. What year was this? Cute picture

21. Sioux says:

one of these things is not like the…wait…one of these things is the only normal looking thing in the picture.

22. Epicentre oz says:

Absolutely nothing awkward about this shot whatsoever, except the damage on the top left corner of the pic. lmao.

23. firemarshall bill burns says:

mom’s pretty hot …

24. Binkymae says:

Wow! Your mom must be a master manipulator…or else she threatened her younger brothers as only a big sister could do with blackmail collected during their teenage years.

25. The Poz says:

I’m glad homeboy on the right is smiling… I’m assuming this is Mom’s gift to herself?

26. Noneya says:

No! Really?!! This is borderline child abuse.

27. Rosieposie says:

I think mom did this for herself… she always wanted to be a princess… and then Sofs was born, but it wasn’t too late, oh no, the birthday party was just the way to get the attention back where it belonged. On herself.

• mary says:

Totally agree! This is all about mom. I’m sure you were a cute kid, but it looks like you are wearing a hairnet.

Sorry.

28. The Most Interesting Man says:

Mom looks sort of hot!

29. Ruth says:

Swiss Guards moonlighting from the Vatican?

30. MsChilePepper says:

Either you were a really tall eight-year-old, or your uncles are all really short.

31. Nosferatu says:

At least you know they must really love you to do that.

32. Don says:

“…and dress up my uncles as…” Sons of Alchemy? A lesser known Renaissance gang known for their garish clothing, feathered hats, and Seiko watches.

33. Tishes says:

You’re that tall at 8? Or are your uncles that short?

34. Angela says:

There is NO way the little girl in that pic is 8 yrs old! she looks about 4 MAYBE 5?? and if the Cinderella is the Mother, then she looks like a 13 yr old girl……this pic would be alot funnier if it even made sense when you look at it?

• I can believe it. They probably look taller in person.

• Bob says:

Stripes tend to make you look taller and Princess outfits tend to make you look younger…

• Shawna says:

FINALLY, someone other than myself that realizes that is not a mother….she doesn’t look more than 13, MAYBE 14 at the most. Also, that child is not even close to 8! I have 4 girls myself and that child is not 8! She looks like she turning 4 or perhaps 5, definitely not 8!

• Nicky says:

Good to know that kids set the standard for everyone! I can’t believe all these people saying the person who posted the pic was lying.

• LisaP says:

Yep you’re right. Sorry to be a party pooper but this story is phoney baloney. That girl is just past toddler stage. Probably some festival and she had her picture taken with the group. Yep thats my vote. Yep

35. Whoa says:

Note: No circus tents were harmed during the making of this picture.

36. powermuffin says:

They look like the Swiss Guard. Were you all planning some sort of Roman Catholic revival tent meeting?

37. lkt says:

Mom dressed as the princess for her little princess’ birthday….Yup! Awkward!

38. Melissa says:

Wow, mom is really generous!! What a wonderful, thoughtful and selfless birthday present! Also, nice pants.

39. j m says:

Cinderella and the Court Jesters… with Musketeer feathers. Yeah. They’re world famous.

40. Han says:

Every other yet-to-be-moderated comment is going to say this, but they look like Swiss Guards to me. My brothers and I used to pretend to be them when we were kids, and we weren’t even Catholic. Or Swiss. They’re just that cool.

41. Skipping Lunch says:

They are her serfs – or perhaps her minstrels??
    I’m kinda curious why the birthday girl isn’t dressed up??

42. Orson Buggy says:

Obviously, your uncles loved you very much.

• ScoutC says:

I agree. I can hear what my uncles would have said if my mom asked them to wear any type of costume, much less these get-ups! Let’s just say it would not be fit for family viewing!

43. kathryn says:

Eddie Munster meets Cinderella, who meets the Vatican guards?

44. js says:

Mom didn’t love you, did she? I’m making assumptions based on the pants she put you in and the dress she put herself in.

45. Tracy says:

Wowza, those are some pants you’re wearing! You were really cute, though and your mom was gorgeous.

46. Chewy says:

wow…moms quite the hottie.

47. Jennifer says:

Vatican City guards?

48. WendyRC says:

Sometimes there are no words…

49. keke says:

I am speechless…

50. Babs says:

Well your uncles look like good sports!