Wild Hogs

November 6th, 2010

Wild Hogs - Uncles, Aunts, & Cousins

This scenic stop was a thrill for these three seniors, but not as much as kicking over a few Harleys.

(submitted by Amy)

53 Responses to “Wild Hogs”

1. Rebecca says:

Looks the same as some of our vacation pics. Went to the area of Mount Rushmore the day Sturgis ended (they are NOT very far apart) and had LOTS of bikers around. Was actually really cool to see them all going through the one of the trails we went on! They were very nice, as MOST bikers are. The bad ones are very much outnumbered by the good ones that do wonderful things for kids and society in general!

2. Patrick says:

I am kind of under the impression that one of the bikers took the picture.

3. Lori says:

I love this! Bikers, old people, it’s awesome…no crop needed here – I would have taken it this way on purpose :)

4. Tristica says:

This is my family. Yup, out to Sturgis for some fun from Northern Mn and you can imagine their surprise when they were robbed by 3 innocent looking elderly folks. And they say bikers are bad! (Bikers from left to right…..Randy Savich (my dad), Randy Bloch, Kris Bloch, Dave Thoeness, Sandy Thoeness and Teresa Savich(my mom)).

5. creepingjennie says:

This looks like the Black Hills during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally! I laugh at all of the tourists who have no idea that the rally is so big (“It’s just in Sturgis”) and that there are bikers everywhere (“I had no idea there were so many!”) and that the bikers aren’t going to hurt you (“FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON’T MAKE EYE CONTACT MILDRED!”)

6. Marlon says:

Don’t Look At Them….If You Don’t Look At Them Maybe They’ll Go Away….. I said Don’t Look.

7. Bubba says:

After a long and dusty ride on his Hog, Killer stopped to relieve him self, just as Gertrude snapped the picture…

8. Jason Daley says:

Wait a second, which group of people are the seniors and which are the wild hogs? (Sarcasm)

9. PaulaNancy says:

If ever a photo needed cropping…

10. Sandra says:

I agree with Steph – they were just waiting for them to leave so they could have a group photo on the same spot! Just patiently waiting their turn…

11. Bea says:

Oh thank you! I have just laughed for 10 minutes and have tears streaming down my face the caption – priceless!
    the comments – absolutely fabulous!
    Thanks for making my day

12. KR says:

Well at least the potbellied biker took off his “If you can see this the b**** fell off” t-shirt before Nana snapped the photo. We wouldn’t want to offend anyone…

13. Jen says:

at least the seniors have their shirts on.

14. steph says:

I think the bikers are politely waiting their turn to have their picture taken in front of the rock.

15. Noneya says:

What’s not to like about this photo? Excellent.

16. Janie says:

What is it about biking that makes “fleshy” people want to flaunt as much of that flesh as possible? It’s like they’re daring you to look, and like the proverbial wreck at the side of the road, you don’t want to look, but you are compelled to. Cover up!

17. Gogit says:

It wasn’t so much their clothes that made these three the family black sheep as much as their openly defiant prefence for tricycles over Hogs.

18. Alan says:

Looking at the background,they all met up at the ‘rock’ concert.

19. Louise says:

Because of the “wide angle” used in the picture I’m assuming they wanted their picture taken with the bike gang, but didn’t want to ask…so whoever took the photo just made sure to stand far enough away that he could get both groups in the picture!

Something I WOULD TOTALLY do too!!! :)

20. LOULOU says:

Even Wild Hogs have families…

21. Gert says:

Marney and gang….

• Kitten K. Boodle says:

Yup. She’s the gal on the far right.

This is why you REALLY don’t want to bring a non-regulation casserole dish to Thanksgiving!

22. Avi32 says:

This photo is what this site is all about. It’s a family. It’s a photo. And it’s *awkward*.

23. Jesse says:

Is it my imagination, or is that one woman Dog the Bounty Hunter’s Wife?

24. Binkymae says:

These rabid Razorback fans followed the signs to the “Wild Hog Event” on their way to the bowl game.

25. Wendy says:

Has anyone heard from them since this pic?

26. Jenn says:

That’s exactly what I was thinking Aimee!

27. Jeff says:

Bikers would come from miles around to listen intently as Gramps, Delores and the one they called “Socks” would spin story after story on the olden days. In this picture, Razor – sickened by the thought of a world without WWE – took a hearty swig from the ever-present bottle of Pepto.

28. HeatherW says:

“Edna, do you think those nice Hell’s Angels will take our picture?”
    “Watch them like a hawk, Carl. I don’t want them fudging up the lens.”

29. Tim S says:

I think the hogs belong to the group on the left. The others just got off the tour bus.

30. Aimee says:

That looks like Needles Highway in the Black Hills during Rally Week!

31. Mic C says:

Lime-green pedal pushers $14.99
    White socks, black sneakers- $1.99, $13.59 (BOGO sale)
    Nerve to pose by ‘scenic’ rock and be bike gang snack- Priceless!

32. Ida_Slaptem says:

Immediately after the photo Erma complied with the repeated request of the bikers to, “Show us your knobs!” Erma ushered the group to her car and showed them the knobs for tuner, volume, wipers, lights, and heater.

33. Don says:

She thought she had paid them a compliment when she told them she liked their “…cute little scooters.” Words were exchanged and before she knew it they were out on Route 38 getting ready to mix it up . Gertrude was not one to back down from a fight no matter who the other guys were. “Eunice, just take the picture. Once we take care of these ruffians we’ll still be able to make the Early Bird dinner at Golden Corral.” She wanted a picture for the grandkids, before and after what the locals would come to call the incident at Dead Man’s Cliff.

34. Born To Be Wyld says:

Actually the choppers belong to Grams, Gramps, and ol’ Uncle Bill…the other people just happened to wander into the frame as ol’ Aunt Moonbeam was snapping the pic.

35. It sure was a treat to see the North American Biker in it’s natural habitat.