In Your Face

February 28th, 2011

In Your Face - *AFP Hall Of Fame*

“Shortly after my nephew was born, a family friend offered to take some photos as a gift. The photographer managed to capture this moment of the baby peeing in my sister’s face.”

(submitted by Becca)

258 Responses to “In Your Face”

1. Gah! says:

You “photoshopped” people ruin all the fun.

2. Noneya says:

That’s a keeper. You have something to show his girlfriends now. Blackmail is good.

3. 626 says:

I’ve been peed on by my son but I can still tell this is fake. What makes it more funny is the person trying to defend it as real. Talk about awkward lol

4. Becca says:

Obviously you are all entitled to your own opinions, but if you think it’s fake, you’re wrong. That’s just how it is. We don’t own Photoshop, first of all, and none of us really know how to edit photos more than changing the color balance or whatever. If I cared that much, I could go back and get the original digital copy from the photographer and prove that it was not edited, but I put this up here to give people a laugh, not prove anything. It’s not Photoshopped, despite what you think.

• amy says:

No worries becca. There are plenty of folks here who totally appreciate the giggle of the morning. THANK YOU for submitting this gem

5. Alan says:

And the baby shall be called…PEEter.

6. Rina says:

Seriously??? What is wrong with you people thinking it’s photoshopped.??.even after the person who submitted it confirmed that it wasn’t!!!! Geez get over yourselves

7. Chewy says:

Its better to be pissed on than pissed off.

8. Babs says:

I like to look at it and think that she is crying rather than the stream going north.

9. K-Mommy says:

I’ve had 3 boys and a nephew, been peed on everywhere imaginable and even had the joy of receiving spit-up in my mouth. I am also a graphic designer. I agree with everyone else that says this thing looks completely fake and Photoshopped.

10. David says:

I could spend 5 minutes in Photoshop and make a more believable picture than this. Fake

11. Becca says:

And by the way…pale urine in a newborn is common, which is why it doesn’t appear yellow. His urine would only be yellow if he wasn’t getting an adequate amount of milk.

12. Becca says:

This is my photo (and my sister/nephew), and I can assure you it’s a real photo. I was there when it was taken and I promise it is not photoshopped, although I can see why you would think so. The photographer was taking several shots of the same positions, so my sister was not moving between shots. This was merely a stroke of luck that the photographer managed to catch this photo at the exact moment that the baby started to pee – which, if you’ve ever handled a baby boy, is completely average. It did not hit her face and she did not notice it immediately, which is why she does not look shocked or grossed out. And yes, he has a lot of hair. I can provide photos of the actual birth with all of that hair if you’re really that concerned with it :P The baby is two years old now and still has a ridiculous amount of hair.

• me says:

Totally fake, come on it isn’t even a good photoshop. If you look at the stream it is supposedly hitting her in the face and then starting to bounce off her face and falling back down. This takes time and if it was such a shock that she wouldn’t have turned, then it wouldn’t be falling off her face downward. The way you have it is that this stream was supposedly hitting her for such a long time that it begins dripping off and still she stands there with a smile and lets it go into her mouth. Let’s be a little real here.

• Becca says:

If you look closely enough, which you obviously haven’t, you will see that it’s not hitting her face. It’s going over her left shoulder.

• Anita says:

Ok, I believe you, Becca, but I’m still very confused about one thing – if it’s not hitting her face, but going over her shoulder (her right shoulder actually, baby’s left shoulder, which it looks like it is), then what the heck are all the spots on her nose?

13. Leah says:

Whoever thinks this is not accurate has clearly never been peed on by a baby boy. It comes quickly, silently and without warning, like a ninja in the night. There is no escape. There is no time for recoil. Before you even know what has happened, you are dead… er…. wet.

• 626 says:

But if you look below her arms the “pee” has had time to bounce off her face and head towards the ground. If the pee had just hit her face and she didn’t have time to react there would not be pee already traveling towards the floor. Reflexes are instant, just like gravity.

14. Photo Fail says:

This is fake. I can’t believe how many “this is the best picture ever” comments their are.

• Erin says:

And I can’t believe you still don’t know how to correctly use “there”, “their”, and “they’re”. Go back to 2nd grade and let people enjoy a funny picture, regardless of authenticity.

• Mary says:

This is obviously real and photographers with good, fast cameras have known how to catch droplets of liquid for years. Obviously with this photo, the photographer got lucky by taking the photo at the same time the baby boy peed. This is, in fact, exactly what happens when you aren’t careful with a naked baby boy! Even if you don’t know anything about cameras or babies, the mother’s open mouth of surprise sort of gives it away.

15. Nicola says:

If you’ve never had a baby boy before, I could easily see how you’d think this was photoshopped. Having said that – I had a baby boy and they pee like fountains when that cold air hits them. Great catch, photographer! Looks very, very real to me – at least when my son almost caught me in the face he was on a changing table and I could back away! :D

16. Gina says:

Is that baby wearing a toupee?

17. DawnD says:

Just goes to show…’tis better to be pissed off than pissed ON!

18. TGIF says:

It’s a boy!!!

19. J says:

Well, logically speaking, why would the “stream” arch toward the right directly into her face? If you take into account its original trajectory, shouldn’t gravity take it back over the baby’s head? Regardless of this photo’s authenticity, it’s hilarious.

20. Natalie says:

Is that baby wearing a toupee?

21. Rhonda says:

for those of you who doubt it, you obviously have never had the dubious pleasure of being peed on by a baby, and yes it can go that far that fast—if she had her eyes closed as it looks like she might, the first she would have known would easily have been caught by the camera; I’ve had both pee *and* puke stream upward into my face…..not a fun experience, but one of the risks of being close to my child. As to the “too much hair” comment, FAIL! Again, obviously from someone with limited exposure to newborns….

Cute kiddo, btw, definitely a keeper.

• Julie says:

I have been peed on by a baby boy and I did not hold my mouth open for it. Fake.

• Emily says:

Clearly you’re just not the type to gasp in shock. Some people, when startled, have the natural tendency to go ‘Ah!’ with their mouths wide open. Trust me. I’m an aunt to five nephews and I’ve learned to not gasp when startled because of them.

• amy says:

Have you never experienced the reflex scream? Puh leeeze. The pee happens so fast and it takes a minute to register what’s happening.

• yep says:

If she’s a new mom and is being photographed, she’s probably a little slower to react because of the awkwardness of the moment. My son had that much hair, too. This is going to be great blackmail when he gets his first girlfriend.

• Katean says:

The kid or the pic is a keeper? LOL

22. april says:

Definitely not buying this one.

23. Joey says:

Wow. Just…..wow. FTW!

24. Cinnamon says:

Youd be amazed how far biys can pee..my noy peed on his own face as an infant

25. lisa says:

My newborn had hair like that, Denise.

26. Ya Right says:

Photoshop. Bad photoshop at that.

27. JenW says:

It’s not actually hiting her in the face. It’s going off to her left.

28. Lava Girl says:

Close your mouth girl…. ewww… LOL

29. Kathryn says:

Priceless. Even if I was the one who got pissed on, the expressions on both their faces make this a frameworthy classic. That poor kid doesn’t look like he’d know or care if it were coming out the other end, too.

30. Skeptical says:

Not buying it.

31. Karin says:

Best. Baby picture. Ever.

32. Harry says:

when they get older it keeps coming its just not so cute; she just needs to learn to close her mouth.

33. Maru says:

Just a guess. . . I’ll bet she learned to be surprised with her mouth closed after this.

34. Denise says:

That does not look like newborn hair at all. And the peeing up the nose is pretty gross.

• Mom says:

Both my babies were born with jet black troll hair, they had tons of hair. And you’ve obviously never been pee’d on by a baby boy

35. ScoutC says:

Oh dear! Close your mouth, Mom!

36. bequi says:

That is the best EVER!!!!!

37. Troy Hopper says:

This is an awesome picture.

38. Harry Lee says:

this is exciting!

39. Linda says:

Let the photoshop speculation begin…

40. Kimbercakes says:

A diaper would have easily been hidden in this pose. But then we wouldn’t have the awkwardness to laugh at. So thank you.

41. Steben says:

Best timing ever! How does that taste?

42. amy says:

Looks a little photoshopped to me!

43. Julie says:

I call bs, the stream is far too advanced for her face to still have that expression and not one of shock or disgust. FAIL

• Kat says:

I agree. Totally fake.

• jitterbug says:

hmm you have obviously not been peed in the face by a little baby boy…I have. lol

• Jack says:

Exactly what jitterbug says… Have you been on the receiving end of an infant boy’s peeing? That stuff happens quick, there’s no warning. I see this as very lucky timing for the photographer (and unlucky for the sister).

• kristi says:

I love the comment “…the stream is far too advanced” in reference to a baby boy’s pee. Not sure if it’s photoshopped or not, but the comment made me laugh..it sounds so military. : )

44. Mel says:

I’m sorry, but that looks totally photoshopped. If the baby’s pee stream hit her face, wouldn’t she have automatically recoiled or reacted in some way? Regardless of whether it’s real or not, I can’t stop laughing.

45. Genie says:

For God’s sake, CLOSE YOUR MOUTH! heehee

46. Angie says:

You’ll shoot yer eye out!

47. Samantha says:

Clearly that is the best photo ever. And not awkward at all.

48. Wilson says:

The saying “a picture is worth a thousand words” has never been more accurate.

Nothing I say will say in an effort to be humorous will live up to this photo. Brilliant.

49. Cheryl says:

There are things out there called diapers. You may have heard of them. ;)