Behind The Awkwardness: MSPaint

July 21st, 2011

“This is a picture of myself (Archie shirt) and my family. It was originally taken without my Dad, as my dad was always off being a pilot somewhere. My parents were having problems at the time, and so, in wanting a complete family photo, my mother added my dad – cut out from another picture – to it. I wish I had a copy of that one, because his head was 3x larger than ours, facing the wrong way, and his shirt had been marked in with a sharpie marker. When my parents stopped having problems, she changed the photo of him to the one now there. This was also at the time that she discovered MSPaint. She decided she thought my sister was being disrespectful by wearing an Arachnophobia shirt, so she painted it out with white. She printed it and put it up in our family home, where it remained on the wall for over ten years.”

115 Responses to “Behind The Awkwardness: MSPaint”

1. Wendy says:

Because a shirt with “COCK” emblazoned across it is definitely more respectful than Arachnophobia.

• Wendy says:

OK, I just want it out there that when I (and thousands of others!) posted my “cock” comment, the last comment showing was from May 2012. I’d say great minds think alike, but the poor grammar and misspelled words seem to dispute that.

2. just me says:

She’s did a white out on the daughters shirt for that but her shirt clearly displays the word “cock”… Just sayin

3. nobody says:

The mom was offended by the daughters shirt..yet moms shirt looks like it says a cock… um ok.

4. Bill says:

Nothing new about photoshopping someone in. I have a photo of my grandfather with his 18 siblings,and his father in 1920′s. It was so hard to get everyone together at that time, they decided to get the family portrait done. My great grandmother was spliced in next to my great grandfather by the photography studio. She looks like a ghost because the lighting is different and she is wearing a light flowery outfit while everyone else is wearing black. She wasn’t available for the picture cause she was dead, and they got together for her funeral.

5. Mike says:

How come she didnt white out her own shirt, it says cock, how disrespctful is that?

6. Donna says:

So an Aracnophobia shirt is disrespectful but a Peacocks one isn’t? Go figure lol

7. Teddy says:

It’s ironic that the mom photoshopped her daughter’s shirt because it was disrespectful when her own shirt looks like it says “cock”

8. Kenny says:

“Arachnophobia” is disrespectful for a family portrait, but almost seeing “FACOCK” on mom is okay….Toooo funny.

9. mickey says:

lol looking like a ghost is caught in the photo

10. john mccann says:

I like the moms shirt….”a cock”…..im assuming its supposed to rrad…peacock?….andcshe said the daughters arachnaphobia shirt was inappropriate…

11. Chele says:

Right…because arachnophobia is much more disrespectful than Mom’s shirt displaying ACOCK. (Assuming PE was hidden behind the daughter) 8|

12. Billie Jo says:

She’s worried about “Arachnophobia” when her shirt say “cock”?

13. Tami says:

Arachnapobia shirt was not ok….yet the Moms say Peacock and all you can really read out is chock?!?! Lol

14. brian says:

Ummm. she painted over an arachnophobia shirt when hers says “a cock”.

15. Snobbs says:

HAHA The mum paints out the “disrespectful” t-shirt but leaves what looks like the word ‘COCK’ on her own… PRICELESS

16. Lara says:

And yet she didn’t paint over what looks like the word “cock” so prominently displayed on her shirt! Love this story and photo!

17. Heather says:

And yet, they left the last have of what I can only assume was “Peacock” on there.

18. Claudia says:

Its kinda cute cause of your mom’s effort to keep the image of a closed knit family. Still funny though!

19. Tess says:

Ok this is AWESOME. I kind of want to make one of these of my family lol.

20. karley says:

OMG!! it’s Harry Potter!!! XD

21. Hillary says:

I know there’s been some debate as to whether the brother is Harry Potter or Robert Pattinson, but he is neither. He is Snow, of “Informer” fame.

22. Idiot says:

It’s photoshop, not mspaint. You can see where they’ve used the magic wand and smudge tools. There’s quite a big difference between the two programs, just sayin’

• Aaron says:

Who cares. Do you think your great for telling us this? Just enjoy the pictures and keep these lame corrections to yourself.

• Jon says:

He’s 100% correct. It is Photoshop, not Paint. So his post at least adds something factual to the discussion. Your post on the other hand, just attempts to chastise him in a rude way. TOTALLY unnecessary and obnoxious.

Do YOU only feel “great” once you’ve trolled on a website and tried to act like a parent to someone? Friendly advice: I suggest a hobby.

• John says:

So the mother thought an “Arachnophobia” T-shirt was disrespectful but at no point noticed that the visible part of her shirt reads “A COCK” ?

23. James says:

At a certain point, why even bother hanging the picture on the wall?