Pillow Talk

August 15th, 2011

Pillow Talk - Vacation

Sometimes, the most relaxing part of vacation is when you get back home.

(submitted by Dave)

55 Responses to “Pillow Talk”

1. mikke says:

This may be the single funniest photo I’ve seen in my lifetime. I’ve herniated several organs with laughing, run out of tears, and had my eyeballs pop out of the dry sockets twice.

“Vacation from hell” ——– BWAHAHAHA!

2. Aero says:

I don’t normally actually LOL when I type LOL, but I laughed out loud for a long time at this! It seems like it would be the picture that gets brought out every once in a while that everyone cracks up badly at. Hilarious and it reminds me of car trips with my three siblings.

3. Kristi says:

We used to travel in a station wagon without *gasp!* seatbelts. So we were bouncing all over in the two back areas of that yellow monster. There were the “she’s touching me!” “I have to go to the bathroom right now!” “Mommy I feel sick” and others. During one of our road trips through Wyoming, she purchased a whip for our horse buggy at home in Vegas. I swear, during a Barbie fight with my sister in the very back end of the car, I felt the end of that thing come whipping from the front and hit my ear. Now, my mom denies up and down that she ever shot it over the back seat, but ….. well, we’ll never know for sure. It did stop the fight.

4. Dave says:

Love the kid in the back with the budding bro-stach! He seems to be saying we went to Hawaii and I got lei’d!

5. Mandee says:

That mom looks like Sarah Connor!

6. natkat says:

After having been through this is a kid, I have not subjected my children to this horror. They have more fun hanging out with their friends anyway. Saves money and agravation.w

7. LisaPizza says:

My dad used to multi-task by driving with one hand on the steering wheel, while swinging his free hand toward the backseat to hit whoever were squabbling at that time, all while keeping his eyes on the road. Like the lady in the photo, our mom would just stare straight ahead like a zombie. P.S. My question is: Who took the photo?

8. mixedmedia says:

Oh-yeah…memories of family trips to Donner Lake…this photo says it all.

9. Dawg says:

THESE AREN’T MY GLASSES

10. zipper says:

Mom is saying “Just get me the hell out of this car, I need a break from everyone and a drink”! Know her look, been there!

11. Penny Diamond says:

When they got home, Mom or Dad should have had “Vacation from Hell” embroidered on that towel.

12. Bonnie says:

This picture makes me laugh. I can’t stop looking at it. I especially love the boy with the pillow on his head…..anything to relieve the boredom I guess!

13. Carol says:

LOLing hard at this pic!! Been there before as the kid, and later on the parent!!

14. koolaide says:

Mayb mom gave them jst a lil too much niteqile hahaha

15. Megan says:

The kid on the left seems to be having a grand time. His face it like “What up!?”. This is a hilarious picture. I love it!

16. Elaine says:

I’m sorry but the “vacation from hell” sign just makes this photo…lol. Brings back memories too! Ha!

17. ScoutC says:

I hope the kid in the back is just sleeping with his mouth open and not in Stage 1 of a massive car sickness episode. Wouldn’t THAT be fun???!!!

18. Golly Gee says:

this is what happens when you down size from a suburban to a mini-van

19. Roadtrippin' says:

Are we there yet?

20. Joe says:

When the little guy woke up he said he dreamt that he ate a huge marshmallow. The pillow couldn’t be found anywhere.

21. Meri says:

It looks like Jaws coming up from behind to eat the whole van!!

22. marilee says:

We used to take 10 hours trip with all 5 kids in the backseat of our VW! minivan? What’s THAT? I tell my kids they are lucky I only have two and they EACH get a window! Try getting a window with 5 of you smashed together.

23. armchair hero says:

We used to trek to Florida in Chevy Cavalier. There were three of us in the backseat. It was pure torture. To make it worse, Dad did not want to run the air and he needed to stop to rest every 2 hours making what should have been a 12 hour trip into a 21 hour trip. Ah, the good times this photo brings to mind.

24. I’m on a pilgrimage to see a moose!

25. Look kids Big Ben, Parliament!

26. Tony says:

‘… Don’t make me pull this car over…”

27. Joyce says:

My poor parents had to hear. “He violated my air space!”

28. Eiko says:

Why is the DRIVER leaning like that with a pillow over his eyes?!?!

29. V. says:

We actually stopped going on vacation because we had vacations like this.

30. Root 66 says:

I love the fact that they identified the photo as “Vacation from Hell”…as if they needed to be reminded!

31. Don says:

Ford is recalling 120,000 of its latest model SUVs because of faulty airbags.

32. Vanessa says:

LOL at the two boys on the right, priceless!

33. eliz says:

My fave part of this the printed, “vacation from hell” comment in the corner. Hysterical!!!

34. JS says:

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this photo. Best EVER!

35. kathague says:

her face says it all…

36. MomofBoys says:

I don’t know the back story about THIS particular trip/family, but I can SOOOOO relate to “Eyes Glazed Over” effect the mom is displaying. It is a coping/defense mechanism used by parent road trippers everywhere to block out the insanity happening in the back seat. I have actually heard, “He’s breathing by me!” and no, I am NOT kidding! By day 2 or 3, this is what we look like! lol Good one!

37. jomomma says:

Everyone has had a vay-kay like that! If they say they haven’t … they’re lying!

• Maureen says:

I haven’t. My family never went on vacation. Thank God.

• justme says:

Me either…..but I have taken my own kids on vacations where I was wearing this mom’s “My brain is out of order and I don’t care about anything until I get home and lock myself in my closet for three days to recuperate” look.

• senora_jennifer says:

That’s sad. :(

• jomomma says:

Maureen..you are truly blessed then! But if you ever want the experience, I can sure hook you up! :)

• Rita says:

I haven’t! I loved going on vacations with my family! :) well there was one vacation that we were all wondering where on earth are we and why!? but I wouldn’t say it was the worst vacation.