The Fetal Position 2

November 27th, 2011

Awkwardness begins at conception.

(submitted by Sean)

Tags:

50 Responses to “The Fetal Position 2”

1. wendy says:

Its not really awkward. I see it as she has a supportive family. I went to all of my ultra sounds and checkups alone! And I had a high risk pregnancy, wish I had more support from loved ones it was a very depressed and hard tine for me.

2. Sondra says:

…..who brings all those people to an ultrasound appointment?!? Did they hire a party bus?

3. S Crane says:

I have always felt that the 3D ultrasounds are more creepy looking than precious. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE babies & think they are a blessing; I just think the 3D ultrasounds are creepy and awkward.

4. matt says:

so the television’s pregnant, right?

5. Alana says:

This is my family.. I’m in this picture… awkward.

6. cruelie julie says:

I can see this poor child’s first birthday already!

7. Shainna says:

OMG, I’ve been in that room…had the same picture taken when my sister went for one of those…it is in Baton Rouge!

8. I’m just glad that “The Ring” didn’t involve ultrasound.

9. angie says:

We put an ultrasound picture of one of our kids in our Christmas card of multiple photos in one card one year. It was after many miscarriages.
    I don’t regret it.
    I wonder if awkwardness/uncomfortable feelings in people is more lack of maturity.

• Lisa says:

An ultrasound in a Christmas card is NOT the same as a family gathered around a GIANT fetus on the TV. This picture is hysterical!

• Kit says:

We got an ultrasound pic card from my aunt. It wasn’t even Christmas, she just sent out a bunch.

She had something like six losses before we got a “sticky” cousin. We teased her a bit (Mostly that the picture seemed to be the kid’s butt. I later found out it was the side of his head and his ribs, but it looked like a butt. All teasing was directed to Aunt’s navel.) but we were thrilled. After all the pain and tears and heartbreak, having a live kid to look at and tease was a blessing. It was the only ultrasound we got. (This isn’t a sad story or anything, Aunt was just afraid that letting a tech rub her belly hard again might “unstick” him and cause a loss.)

Then he was born and came out beautiful. So did his twin sister who the tech TOTALLY missed. No wonder Aunt measured huge the whole pregnancy. The doctor kept telling Aunt it was because she overgained. The twins are now ten and we still tease them mercilessly. Aunt had one more baby and then lost the ability so they are very precious to us. We showed my boy cousin the ultrasound picture and he asked “is that my butt?”

• Anon says:

Really? It’s sad you had to deal with loss, but, don’t go calling everyone immature. This IS an awkward photo. Sorry to say it no matter HOW precious and “beautiful” life and birth is. It’s just a weird photo.

• Trina says:

I agree, lack of maturity

10. Trek Girl says:

Hmmm – no, I don’t think this is awkward.

11. algonquin says:

This is exactly the kind of photograph my mother in law would take.

12. Sarah says:

I had one of these ultrasounds done while I was pregnant with my son. It was awesome to be able to see my son’s face before he was born. However, the only people in the room with me were my husband and the technician, and there were no photos taken other than the internal ones.

this is so weird.

13. Mary says:

I recognize the kids’ uniforms- they too are from Baton Rouge. Haha.

• Norene says:

The crimson and gray “MB” looks exactly like the sports warm-ups from a middle school in Auburn, WA named Mount Baker. Must have been ordered from the same catalog.

14. ween says:

i hope it is not the two young children’s baby. they look the proudest.

15. meri says:

how much do you want to bet this pre-born already has a facebook page.

16. Bev says:

I bet the pic was taken for the babies dad who is overseas. And the mother has the support of both families. If not, well then, yes this IS awkward!

17. stephanie says:

eeewwwwww. i will never get used to those things.

18. Scott says:

I wonder if they will all be in the delivery room too…

19. aimee says:

the seriously awkward thing about this photo is there’s no obviously pregnant woman. WTH

20. smurfie77 says:

That’s one big baby!!

21. ms_vick says:

Check out the bare-belly pregnancy photo in the background! Remind me to never have an endoscopy around this family.

22. Jodi says:

It almost looks like a framed similar pic is hanging on the wall on the left side!

23. Kristen says:

Oh my… Just because the technology’s there, doesn’t mean you HAVE to use it… O.o