January 18th, 2012

Papawatch - Babies

She’s in good hands.

(submitted by Euless)

45 Responses to “Papawatch”

1. Kira says:

HE probably fell asleep before SHE DID! HAHAHAHAHA!

2. tim says:

Haha that photo looks like my dad!

• MamaC says:

I have a 4 yr old myself & a grandmother who used to do the SAME thing…lmbo this has me giggling poor tyke was just plain tuckered out!!! & c’mon people it’s “awkward” family photos if it were dangerous per say the photo wouldnt have been used, props to “Mama” for sticking up for Gpa & her baby girl. Common sense tells you people there’s someone else there & she’s NOT unsupervised!

3. deimos says:

not in good hands if he falls over.

4. Jaylowlita says:

I told you grandpa I can outdrink you (burb)

5. Geezous says:

Remember getting wet with the hose as a little kid and letting the sun dry you off. Good old dayz! You usually ended up like the kid.

6. Louise M. says:

This is MY daughter … She was perfectly safe and being babysat by BOTH her grandparents. Papa is known to fall asleep at the drop of a hat and she was only left asleep for as long as it took Grandma to get her camera. She is a healthy, feisty 5 year-old now and Papa still falls asleep anywhere, anytime :)

• badfae says:

I would have been tempted to use some of that chalk to trace around her :P

• customcartoons says:

Haaaay, good point! I was concerned for a second about dehydration if they stayed out there baking too long. But of course, somebody had to be around to take the picture! ^_^ Soooo cute!

7. ShekkyRabbit says:

If this were in Phoenix, she would be grilled to the pavement. Only a giant spatula would free her.

8. A devilish soul says:

This could also be posted on YouTube if the picture taker got their camcorder and made proper use of that garden hose coiled up on the left… >:)>

9. LCN says:

Ha Ha! When my kids were toddlers, they would be full of energy and playing one minute then like someone flipped a switch they would just stop and lay down on the ground. We have a few pictures similar to this. You snap it and then put them in a soft bed. Don’t worry!

10. CamdensGramps says:

If that was me in that chair, Grandma would quietly take the toddler in and put her to bed. Then she’d tiptoe back out, and turn the garden hose on.

• mommajay says:

Love it, Gramps! Sounds just like my family always was. :) I wish their Gramps was still with us to fall asleep watching them, and get the hose turned on him!

11. Sarah says:

This is super cute. Kids fall asleep in the craziest places.

12. Alan says:

“OK,darling. You want grandpa to eat the mushrooms like you did. OK,hmmm,I hope they are not poiso……zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz”

13. ALN says:

For all those people commenting “this is sad” or they’re “worried” about the child, don’t worry. I’m sure he just hit her over the head with a baseball bat so he could get some sleep!

14. Kat says:

It’s just WAY TOO cute! I wish I could sleep like that. And like someone else said, the thought of falling asleep on a warm sidewalk makes me jealous as well, and it’s not even a normal cold Minnesota winter!!

15. justcaree says:

I think this is hilarious!!!

16. Mike says:

Is she planking?

17. joyce says:

Looks like they didn’t get very far with the tic tac toe game at his feet. That’s probably what tired them out.

18. mrs5180 says:

First thought: JEALOUS!!
    This just makes me wish I had a nice warm sidewalk to sleep on.
    Already tired of being cold this winter.

• CarrieM says:

That’s a pleasant memory — sleeping on concrete during the mandatory 1/2 hour while adults got to swim in the pool and kids had to get out of the pool.

19. Allison says:

this is just disturbing.

• M_Dawn says:

Really? Obviously someone else is there. This reminds me of long days playing in the sprinklers while it was sunny and beautiful outside. And she is spending time with her Papa which makes it more endearing. They played hard and needed a nap. Thinking this is upsetting, sad, or dangerous is just ridiculous.

20. April says:

People…stop freaking out about her getting sunburned, or crushed or whatever else you can think of. Apparently there is someone else there…they had to take the picture right???? Probably mom or grandma and I will bet they picked her up and took her in after snapping the photo. Don’t be so ridiculous!

• Momma says:

AGREED! Kids are tougher than we give them credit for. I think its a very sweet picture. The girl obvoisly felt very confortable and safe to lay down right there.
      Enough with the bubble wrapping people!

• Arlene says:

Totally, you can bet she was playing like crazy and just crashed and that’s what so funny to Grandma, or whomever took the shot. I think it is hilarious and adorable! (And yes, HeidiKaye – the chalk outline would definitely happen in our house! HA HA)

• Trish says:

I love it!

• mommajay says:

I’ve already stood laughing as I watched my son sit teetering, lay down and attempt to keep playing, and finally give up. I, too, then took pictures before scooping him on up and putting him in bed. She’s fine, folks. Really.

21. HeidiKaye says:

At least he didn’t draw a chalk outline like someone in my family would have….

22. Rick says:

I’m worried about the little girl getting (a) sunburned; or (b) crushed when the flimsy chair fails under Grandpa’s hefty load.

23. Darn says:

this makes me sad

24. Sally in Portland says:

This is what happens when you over exercise.

25. senora_jennifer says:

I wish she had thought to lay her head on the stuffed animal……. :(