Sweater Club

May 23rd, 2012

Sweater Club - Family Portrait

They just violated the first rule of sweater club.

(submitted by Emily)

28 Responses to “Sweater Club”

1. SmokeyCat says:

I thought “No one talks about Sweater Club.” was the most important rule.

2. Rebecca says:

Which rule is that exactly – i’m a little hazy…

Is it:

1) No sweaters with shoulder pads?
    2) All sweaters have shoulder pads?
    3) No pictures of sweater club.
    4) Thou shall not be photographed with a non sweater club member.
    5) Don’t lean against a tree. The yarn will catch on the bark and your fair isle will be ruined … FOREVER!!!

3. Red says:

First rule of sweater club, there are no rules hahahaha!!

4. Emily says:

Behind the Awkwardness story: I am the little girl in the NS Tartan and usually a happy go lucky kid. For whatever reason, the morning before the photo I decided I would not participate in the photo and declared I would not smile that day. My flustered family ran around all morning finding their best sweaters, all the while making sure I was dressed, hair combed etc. No one could get to the root of my unwillingness to participate that day. The entire shoot, the photographer was doing everything in his power to get a good shot, all the while the rest of the family knew how terribly it was going, hence the sour look on my mother’s face! And yes, both my Mom and Dad still own their sweaters!

5. Liz says:

When half of the people in a photograph look miserable…well something was going on. Three cheers for you for submitting it… bad sweater & all!

6. Paul says:

I like the subtle shunning of the youngest son. He’s juuuuuuuust a step away from the rest of the family. That’s close enough, you!

7. Heather says:

Did Heathcliffe Huxtable dress this family?

8. Erin says:

I don’t think Mom realizes her sweater would sell for $50 or more these days, what with the popularity of ugly Christmas sweater parties and rich people scrambling to buy them! No kidding, I was having dinner at a public country club once and all the rich people from the golf course community came in to have a private party and they were all wearing authentic ugly Christmas sweaters, all trying to top each other. Rich people will pay big bucks for those ugly sweaters! Even the thrift stores mark them up!!

9. Simon says:

I wonder if Mum has a knit-o-matic.

Actually, she looks a bit like the Dr. from ths Simpsons standing like that

10. chimichanga says:

Oh no. Camera! What do I do with my arms!?

11. ephercat says:

It’s the shoulder pads in the woman’s sweater that I noticed right away. Rather line-backer like.

12. ponownie says:

first rule – match the sweaters

13. alifre says:

Is mama wearing shoulder pads or shrugging?

14. Blessedmama says:

That little girl looks like a rebel!

15. Kacey Fansett says:

First Rule of the Sweater Club: If you wear a sweater with a large arrow on it, watch where it is pointing.

16. rick says:

Not really. I don’t think they’re talking about this one.

17. Denise says:

Is this in Nova Scotia? The little girl is wearing the NS tartan:-)

18. Kelly says:

The wee one looks like she’s wearing Nova Scotia Tartan. She’s excused from sweater duty in such a lovely little ensemble!