Absolutely Fabulous 2

August 23rd, 2012

Absolutely Fabulous 2 - Glamour Shots

Just your average 8 year-old.

(submitted by Erin)

23 Responses to “Absolutely Fabulous 2”

1. MarkMcIntosh says:

I thought this was a 30 year old woman at first glance. Yikes. That little girl needs a light lift.

2. Rachel says:

The funny thing is, she probably showed this picture off to her friends, at school, for months. All the girls I knew who had Glamour Shots did exactly that. Those of us who’s Mom’s would not take us for these magic pictures, that prove to the world that you are pretty, could just look on in envy.

3. Far better than Honey Boo-Boo!

4. Scout C says:

Agreed. If they had given her a box of dress up clothes and jewelry to chose from, let her do her own hair and make up (who didn’t love playing with Mom’s lipstick?), and then taken her picture, it would have been cute. Making up an eight year old to look like a 1950′s homemaker done up for her child’s wedding is just weird.

5. Susan says:

This has to be the best smirk I’ve ever seen.

6. Kristie says:

I did Glamour Shots as an adult and looked equally awkward. Its practically a rite of passage. :)

7. RL says:

It’s the off-the-shoulder combined with the pose and the look that makes it awkward. And oh-so-wrong. Very very wrong.

8. Not an expert says:

And now we know that it was Mrs. Peacock, with a candlestick, in the conservatory!

9. James says:

This would be awkward, but after what we’ve seen these recent years with Toddlers and Tiaras or Dance Moms, this seems relatively tame and mild.

10. Lizabeth says:

I think it’s sad; not so much awkward.She’s not a teen or even an “almost teen”…. she’s only 8 yrs old. And yep,in my neighborhood we all played dress up too…. but it was more in fun; not deliberately trying to be sexy.

11. AndrewT says:

Why does anyone think it’s a good idea to dress a child as if they were an adult? I’ll never understand that. Let children be children while they can, it’s over soon enough.

• Elizabeth says:

Well said!

• Mary says:

Oh, calm down… she’s wearing a little lip gloss, she has her hair poofed a bit, and she’s got a dangly earring on. It’s a picture. She looks like a child playing dress-up, which is exactly what it is.

• Amelia says:

She doesn’t look like a child–she looks much, much older. I would not have guessed anywhere near 8 until I saw the caption.

12. Oddy says:

Anything Glamour Shots is automatic qualification for Awkward……

13. Care says:

I love the hair – poor girl lol! She’s such a cutie!

14. Ginger says:

Unless her mom pushes her to do the full hair and makeup thing all the time for money and prizes, I don’t find this awkward. It’s like a little girl’s ultimate dress-up fantasy!

15. Minda says:

I never did Glamour Shots. But, yeah, I totally wanted to. I was in junior high, though. Everyone wants to look more grown up in junior high!

16. Ann says:

Glamour Shots did that to everyone.

17. LucyByDay says:

Oh, damn you glamor shots from the early 90s. I think we could all submit this picture. I’ve got this exact pose, but with a black leather jacket hanging off the shoulder – age 12, natural. And the photo session was a nightmare, too. I still hold it against my mother for making me go.