Countdown To Turkey Day: Indian Style

November 19th, 2012

The Pilgrims are so last Thanksgiving.

(submitted by Jordan)

Tags:

10 Responses to “Countdown To Turkey Day: Indian Style”

1. d. native says:

First of all it’s not INDIAN IT’S NATIVE, American optional, I am NATIVE and it is offensive because we dont look like that at all, so it is very well a sterotype we all dont walk around with feathers & head dresses thank you! Personally I am not offended but I just wanted to clarify that it is a stereotype!

2. Debra Barrone says:

I didn’t know Native American women wore panty hose and turtlenecks… ;)

3. Newton says:

Happy Thanksgiving Kimosabe!

4. Dev says:

lol…native american women do not wear the feathered War Bonnets.

5. Jessica says:

I know this family!!!! Bahahaha

6. Liz says:

This is SO awkward… bad; really bad portrayal of Native Americans. Dad looks like he’s fairly convinced of his own “chief” appeal. Nobody looks very happy. If I were Native American I don’t know if I’d laugh or be offended!

• rleigh says:

This is just people dressing up as Indians. I think it’s a cute, fun, awkward family moment. It’s not like they are portraying them in an offensive stereotype (i.e. slaughtering a village.) I think whatever American Indians want should be handed to them on a silver platter, but in JMHO, I don’t think this is offensive.

• Melisa says:

Thank you—just once I’d like to go to a comment section of a humorous website & find absolutely nothing posted by someone who is offended! I think referring to them as ‘Indians’ is quite appropriate given the fact that they are hardly dressed in a historically accurate manner. Hell! ‘Hollywood Redmen’ would probably be more accurate than ‘native peoples’ or ‘first nation peoples’ or whatever this hours’ term is!

7. Joaniebaloney83 says:

It’s Ron Swanson with his secret wife and children!