Ready For Church

May 19th, 2013

Ready For Church - Behind The Awkwardness

“My parents and brother were so excited to go back to church. They went to my uncles and had him take some pictures. Overly excited, they overlooked the background.”

(submitted by Shanda)

17 Responses to “Ready For Church”

1. Zach says:

Nascar wallpaper borders in the room behind them. Nice. Why go to church? He’s already in a shrine of sorts.

2. Victory says:

Umm, I don’t think the NASCAR poster is the problem. I think it is the buns hanging out of the short-shorts on the poster below, and (as mentioned above) the bong.

3. nielle says:

You can tell it’s church time because of the Sunday-best bong in the background.

4. Paddy says:

The dude on the right is wearing the suit of a man twenty times his size. Just looking at him makes me want to hike my trousers up.

5. MarkInSF says:

Dale Earnhardt? Who’s more religious than that? He sits at the right hand of God, telling him when he has hit the apex and can hit the gas again. The rest? Tacky Southern bachelor pad, much like any other. Terrible tailoring is the law in the south, if you’re white. Only black men know how to dress for church there, and they look superb.

• SteveM says:

And god then created nascar and he saw that this was dang good. Then on the seventh he said “LET THERE BE LAZYBOYS, FLAT SCREEN TVS AND CANS OF BEER THAT OVERFLOATH THY CAN”. And he saw that this too was good, dang good.

6. Groovyzoot says:

The devil really is in the details. (still laughing)

7. Crystal says:

The guy on the right of the picture doesn’t look excited to be going back to church to me.

8. Lizzie says:

What a hoot! Looks like they sort of needed church…LOL! And the men’s suits (they look about 3 sizes too big) make it even more fun!

9. G90814 says:

Your brother needs a new tailor… badly ;)