Full Bloom

May 21st, 2013

Full Bloom - Wedding

At least they saved money on the flower arrangements.

(submitted by Annie)

24 Responses to “Full Bloom”

1. ZonnyRotten says:

I had a similar experience…except that the dresses looked like we were the losers in a pastel paint gun war. Not only did we have the huge matching hats, but also a 12-inch bow on our behinds. We joked that we looked like we lost our sheep. Gotta love being a bridesmaid.

At least the gloves match the shoes?!?!?

2. Kate says:

” Trick or treat, smell my feet…. Oh wait, it’s for a wedding. Screw it, it’s half off”!!

3. Linda says:

Hats like that were big in the mid-70′s. my sister got married in 1974 and she had 2 bridesmaids – me and a friend. our dresses were homemade (mine by me) and gingham. Her’s was yellow gingham and mine was blue gingham (pastel). they had square necklines, princess seaming down the front, were long and had BIG pouf sleeves that ended just above our elbows. AND we wore hats like this to match — hers yellow, mine blue. no gloves, but i’m surprised. the marriage didn’t last so most of the photos are destroyed. i think we looked better than the girls in this photo, but i’m not positive.

4. fro ingot says:

and the girls actually smiled for the picture!

5. Tom says:

Say, whatever happened to those Patio Chair Cushions?

6. Dawn says:

Wicker Man: The after party

7. Jamie says:

These ensembles are … alarmingly similar to what my mom’s bridesmaids wore. Minus the gloves. My mom still carries remorse. 1974.

8. Ruth says:

ONLY in the 1970s could these have been considered “co-ordinating” colors.

Unless you consider that they might co-ordinate with SOMETHING in the created universe, but not each ohter.

9. nielle says:

And the SHOES!!! The flowers match the gloves AND the shoes!

Later, at the reception…”Darlene, sweetie, all us gals are so happy for you and Paul and we wanted to get you a real special gift so you’ll remember this day for ever and ever–we are having our dresses made into a slipcover for your sofa! See you in the 80′s!”

10. Yael says:

Is this where Kim Kardashian got the idea for the Met Gala dress? :D

11. Shawn Beight Anderson says:

Is this a case of the bride not wanting the bridal party to look better than her? Did she convince them that they can wearl these dresses later!!

12. LCN says:

Even for the 70s this is just wrong! I wonder how many of these girls stayed friends with her after this!

• Blondie says:

That’s just what I was thinking. I got married in the 70s and even then this would have been over the top.

13. Minda says:

I love how genuinely thrilled the flower girl seems to be!

14. Karen says:

Scarlett O’Hara and Fraulein Maria weren’t the only ones inspired to make a wardrobe out of old curtains.

15. JimD says:

No one, I repeat, NO ONE will look prettier than the bride on her wedding day !

16. Ellie says:

They have hats too! Just when I thought I had seen it all. The seemingly naked bridesmaids were not so bad after all.

17. Strumitkenny says:

And the hats. Don’t forget the hats.

18. Sue says:

Ho-lee cow! Ugliest bridesmaids dresses in the history of bridesmaids dresses. And after getting over the shock of the fabric, I noticed each girl’s shoes, gloves, and ginormous flower match!