Halloween Day

October 27th, 2013

Halloween Day - Behind The Awkwardness

“My birthday falls on Nov 1 so as a kid it was always celebrated on Halloween.”

(submitted by Irv)

13 Responses to “Halloween Day”

1. Anne says:

I can still see the box those costumes came in. The lid had clear cellophane so you could see the mask clearly. T or T-ing in the Midwest, pretty much all people saw was the mask, b/c your costume was hidden under your Winter coat! Didn’t matter how friggin’ cold it was-gimme some candy!!!!

2. melliemel112 says:

It seems as though we all had those same memories and costumes. Those were some fun days. And yes that smell is engraved in my memory. If I caught a whiff I would automatically go back.

3. Kirsten says:

Wow! Sudden memory of having that exact same Casper costume when I was a kid.

4. tamtam says:

seeing the princess mask, i can almost smell the plastic.had to since i could never get air.oh how i wanted to be a hobo!at least i could just rub coal on for beard but be able to breath.and always always use the pillow case for treats!loved it.still do.

5. Apple6 says:

My birthday is on Halloween. I always loved that we dressed up for my birthday, and even though I’m a wife and mom, we all still do! Loved those plastic costumes…I think I had the princess one as well.

6. Shannon says:

My birthday is Halloween. I always love being able to dress up. To this day I still wear a tiara! No one looks at me twice because it’s Halloween!!

7. Lizzie says:

I got & wore one of those “princess masks” too…must be lots of us princess wannabe’s! Seeing the picture, I can recall exactly how those masks felt…wow…the power of a simple picture!

8. Jennifer says:

My birthday is November 1st too! And I think I wore that Casper costume back in the day.

9. Amykins says:

Ahhhh, the good old days of costumes with the masks you couldn’t breathe or see in and the flimsy plastic part you draped over your body.

10. Annie says:

My b-day is right after New Years so there are way too many pictures of me wearing little more than butt-coverage and posing somehow with a clock. I was two when they caught me as the chubby diaper-clad baby (in profile) staring up at a pocket watch I was holding high over my head. I wish I were born on Halloween.

11. Rebeka says:

I had that exact same princess mask when I was about 5 for Halloween! Thanks for the flashback!

12. No Capes says:

Wow – those costumes take me back…the vinyl top that tied in the back with attached nylon pants, plus the plastic mask that made your face sweat and usually tore or lost the rubber band by the end of the evening. Good times.