Behind The Awkwardness: The Longest Yawn

November 14th, 2013

“My high school sweetheart and I were set to get married in June of 1995.  I called that wedding off, then we got re-engaged and planned the wedding for June of 1996.  Two weeks before that wedding I told my mom and my fiance I didn’t want to get married, but this time they would not allow it.  I went through with it, but I was not happy about it.  We had two beautiful children, but the marriage did not last.  We were divorced 8 years later.”

(submitted by Melissa)

17 Responses to “Behind The Awkwardness: The Longest Yawn”

1. Jase says:

The ring bearer is yawning in the picture.

2. Lilly says:

I think the awkwardness was supposed to be her looking bored and not smiling at all at her own wedding… this would explain why she described the whole story in the caption…

3. swissy says:

i wonder if the longest yawn refers to the picture or the caption

4. The cow says says:

I’m going to re post this picture with this thread as part of it.

5. DMSharess says:

Yeah, the story wasn’t really that fun… But at least she has a sense of humor to find if amusing enough to submit, I suppose? So good on her, I say.

Bored and upset little boys at weddings aren’t that uncommon. I have been in two that involved some. One was mad because he mistakenly thought he was going to be the “Ring BEAR” and was quite disappointed when he saw his suit. And the other spent the ceremony pouting because forgot where to go after he walked down the aisle, so he just wandered around in confusion, and then tripped over the bride’s dress and fell on his face… while his mother pointed and laughed… Ahh, good times.

• Sheri says:

That is soooo funny! Ring Bear! ha ha ha ha Never heard that one!

• marshefen says:

My cousin had a two year old ring bearer (huge no no). He did great at rehearsal, but panicked the day of the wedding and yelled Mama, Mama over and over as he ran down the aisle. It was hilarious.

6. Lizzie says:

She should have trusted her gut…. the first time, much less the second. The yawn is totally cute & awkward; & understandable.

7. CCooke says:

The caption was waaay more awkward than the photo.

8. Tatu says:

You are so right, Virg. Too much info, not a laugh to be found

9. Virg says:

Sooo … there’s awkwardness here, but it’s got *nothing* to do with the photo.