Oh Canada

November 20th, 2013

Yes, that is the Prime Minister of Canada and yes, his wife is holding a chinchilla.

(submitted by Marc)

28 Responses to “Oh Canada”

1. Sylvie says:

Love how the son is wearing his pants low in order to look gangsta. Here ‘s a fashion tip: if you’re wearing a dress shirt and tie and you’re in a photo with mom and dad, you ain’t gangsta.

2. Laurie says:

I kind of like the whole thing… awkward people, that ‘Joker’ grin the PM is sporting, and the chinchilla accenting the nice animal print skirt the PM’s wife is wearing.

3. Andrew says:

Yeah nothing awkward about it. The PM may have the reputation for being awkward but if these people were your average, unknown family this picture wouldn’t be up here.

4. BC Bill says:

This photo doesn’t strike me as awkward, funny, strange or even newsworthy. It’s just a standard official family photo. (Okay, so the chinchilla is something new, but otherwise no big deal.)

5. Cindy Lee says:

#1 rule of being on stage – children & animals will upstage you every time!

6. shirley grace says:

What a Beautiful Photo of the Prime Ministers family! A great plug for the love
    of animals too!

7. JoSask says:

That is hilarious. The Stick Family!

8. Julia says:

Photo obviously was taken and printed outside of Quebec because don’t they make you put the French on top (give it precedence) over the English translation? :-)

9. snuggleslut says:

uh, Have you ever touched a chinchilla before? Because that’s the most amazing feeling ever.

10. Marissa says:

God Bless us, everyone. Yes, if nothing else, our PM at least provides us with Christmastime gems such as these. I have a feeling Laureen usually has a pet with her in all of these photos… I vaguely recall kittens one time…

11. Mia says:

Great, thanks to Rob Ford, all of our loser politicians are getting global press now. I miss being boring.

12. Squiffy says:

Of all the photos he posted last year, this is this most awkward you posted? Man, there are WAY worse than this! Where’s the one of him on the chesterfield with his wife and the kids waaaaaay over there? The photographer should be fired.

13. AndrewT says:

How is it going to chill her chin from way down there?

14. Mahovolich says:

Clearly you are not familiar with our Prime Minister……..he is a very uptight, awkward man. It does make for a weird Christmas card from a world leader.

15. miznova says:

Whoo Hoo Canada! Chinchillas Rock!

16. Laura says:

What about this picture is awkward in any way? I don’t see it.

17. vspeaks says:

I don’t find this at all awkward. Canadians of all political stripes know that the Harpers have fostered animals for years (and the chinchilla is rescued). This Christmas card made all of our Canadian newspapers, and it’s certainly far less awkward than those repulsive Kardashians.

18. A.L. Brown says:

Have a happy holiday, or the Chinchilla gets it.

19. IanK says:

“When I said I wanted a Chinchilla for Christmas, this is not quite what I meant”.

20. Dan says:

This is the most NOT AWKWARD picture I’ve seen on here. Nothing awkward with holding a family pet.