No Thanks

November 27th, 2013

No Thanks - Behind The Awkwardness

“This photo was taken at yet another un-thankful thanksgiving dinner. Or some other dinner where all four siblings were forced to squish on one side of the table to make room for their elders.  You can tell our joy by the looks on our faces and the empty wine bottles behind us.”

(submitted by Mary in Canada)

10 Responses to “No Thanks”

1. Bonnie says:

And Marnie is busy in the kitchen putting the potatoes in a regulation size casserole dish.

2. Kate says:

This picture reminds me so much of myself and my three siblings and how we looked in the late 1990s. (The only thing about this picture that doesn’t jive with that image is that my older sister is the only person who would’ve been old enough to drink.) However, these four people have the right look (pale skin and dark hair) and they dress like us; too weird. We probably have many holiday pictures like this where we look thrilled to be sitting so close to one another! :P

3. Kate says:

This picture reminds me so much of my three siblings it’s frightening! We’re all much older than this now, but it is soo “us” in the nineties! LOL! (Even the clothes are very nineties. I would be the one on the far right looking away from the camera next to the brother chowing down on a dinner roll.

4. Carmen says:

In Spain We haven´t got thanksgiving dinner. I am very lucky. :)

5. Christo says:

…White whine, perhaps?

6. Josh says:

The kids table is where all the fun is at anyway. I regret the move to the grown-up table.

7. Mark says:

time to get out the emergency chairs (piano stools and garden seats count)

8. Tiffay says:

The true spirit of Thanksgiving!

9. loline says:

Just be glad you’re allowed to sit at the grown-up table. In some families, someone has to die before the adult children can move up.