Where Sleeping Dogs Lie

December 8th, 2013

Where Sleeping Dogs Lie - Babies

“While my hubby, son, and I were playing Minecraft, my 2.5 year old daughter was playing in the playroom behind me.  After a while I noticed the absence of noise, turned around, and found this sight.  She had fallen asleep in the last position she had been playing in which happened to be laid out on top of my Corgi.  The dog is not very intelligent and just laid there with a 35 lb toddler on top of her for what must have been 20 minutes or more.  After snapping the pic I took the baby to her own bed and the dog acted like nothing happened.”

(submitted by Anna)

18 Responses to “Where Sleeping Dogs Lie”

1. Anna says:

Hi, this is the pic submitter again. Unfortunately Menschi passed away a couple of years ago due to lymphoma. She was much loved and we still miss her very much!

2. Back in the 80's says:

Aww… so cute! The kid is part of the dog pack. My dog would love it if I slept with her all night, but she has her comfort memory foam rug instead…

3. Nancy says:

Is it a cute picture? Yes, but am I the only one wondering why the heck a 2 year old was not even noticed, as mom stated, “for 20 minutes or more”. Luckily the “dumb dog” was there to keep her company, who knows what else she could have been into playing that long by herself with no one checking on her!

• Ginny says:

So kids can’t even play on their own anymore without their parents watching their every move? She was in a playroom, not in the street. Chill.

• Janice says:

Right! I was left in my room all the time when I was a young child (1980′s) and my mom would just stick her head in and check on me every so often. LOOK IM STILL ALIVE! Wow it is amazing. seriously, I have 5 kids of my own all 4 and under, and I do this with them and they are also still alive and doing just fine. =)

• Anna says:

Hi, this is the mom. My children’s playroom is the other half of the room my office is in. So she was actually playing about 10 feet behind me when she conked out.

Believe it or not, now that she’s almost 5, I let her play *gasp* by herself in her room.

So far she hasn’t burned the house down yet.

4. JJ says:

The dog just wanted a nice warm human shaped blanket, that’s all. There’s nothing wrong with that.

5. Anna says:

Hi, I’m the mom who submitted the photo. Wanted to clarify something.

Yes, Corgis are very intelligent in some ways, and she is super protective of my daughter (who loves our dogs fiercely –hubby’s is a husky mix and she’d probably try to ride her if she could) It is a in-family joke that we refer to her as a dumb dog.

Her name is Menschi-named after the Pomeranian in Excel Saga-and is Japanese for “Emergency Food Supply”.

Yes, we love our dogs. They are well trained and very affectionate, and I am sure they’d protect the children with their lives if necessary.

6. Bev Hawes says:

Corgis are very intelligent, and also, very protective of their families. This dog was just protecting the smallest person in the house, even tho’ it outweighed her/him. To move would have been to unnecessarily disturb her human – Be aware, you have an intelligent dog and to not be aware of that could cause you some grief! :<)

7. fireflight says:

Classic loyal dog. Love it! If this had been a cat, there would have been blood spilled.

8. Tpgal says:

Cute for the toddler, awkward for the dog.

9. Misty Weather says:

Hey come on! The dog was cold.

10. Rita says:

So funny. But the dog accepted it because it is a good dog en very submissive. Not because it is not intelligent!

11. person says: