Going To The Chapel

January 18th, 2014

Going To The Chapel - Wedding

“It was my wedding day and our church put up a large sign promoting the sermon topic.  That week, they just happened to begin a series of sermons on sex, money, drugs.  Made for some lovely wedding photos.”

(submitted by Craig)

10 Responses to “Going To The Chapel”

1. Mindy says:

In the early 80s, my brother and his wife had a small immediate-family-only wedding at their church. Since it was a small event they didn’t have a professional photographer, so they asked me to take some pictures during the ceremony. I was standing off to one side and apparently only looking at them and not at the background. Their wedding took place during Lent and there were various banners around the church; the one that was directly behind them read, “Forgive them Father, they don’t know what they are doing.” Of course, this was well before digital photography, so we didn’t see it until after all of the pictures were developed. Fortunately, my family has a sense of humor. :)

2. 420 says:

I like sex,money and drugs – but not all do, I agree, they could’ve just hanged at beautiful piece of fabric over or anything.
    People get married once (if you’re not a Hollywood celebrity) and they deserve it all to be pretty fantastic.

3. JammyJam says:

So, no one thought to cover that up when decorating? Wow!

4. Rac76 says:

She looked beautiful and her dress was pretty, stinks that day was ruined by lazy people at the church. I mean they could have taken the sign down for a few hours. Hopefully, they have nicer pictures of the ceremony and of the reception.

5. Nena says:

Nice dress by the way :)

6. Jazzgirl205 says:

A friend of mine arranged to have her wedding and reception at an art museum. Unfortunately, the exhibit was an artist who made demons out of found objects and old machinery. They even asked what the exhibit would be when they were planning the wedding. However there was a last minute substitution and they ended up with demons. Since I was on the Board of Directors, I had workers put all the demons in storage for the day. The artist came by while we were decorating for the wedding and had a fit. I explained that we would reinstall them immediately after the wedding but he still didn’t understand why one would not want to get married amid demons.

7. MissFriday says:

The church should have at least taken it down for the occasion!

8. Gardenwife says:

Wow, that’s a photographer fail! At least the paint matched her hair. Beautiful bride! :)