February 6th, 2014

Gutterball - Babies

“At the time of this photo, my family lived in a small town off a busy highway. My little sister was ever wandering off, wherever we went; and she had a tendency to put everything in her mouth. We needed a solution to keep her in sight and out of trouble, while we were outside doing yard work. The only thing we had was baling twine, which we kept tied to the gutter. We had to put her on her “leash” often, which makes her adult preference for bondage rather… awkward.”

(submitted by Cindy)

24 Responses to “Gutterball”

1. Cindy says:

Oh…and the thing she is tied next to? I have no idea. I can only say we were white trash at our finest. LOL!

2. Cindy says:

When I submitted this photo, I only checked to see if it was accepted for about a week. I just now noticed this, and the comments are hilarious!

My family is full of awkward! We were poor and this was a cheap solution to keep a kid in check. The highway was really close to our house, and there were rail-road tracks just beyond.

How I know about my sister’s fetishes is another story that is even funnier than this one…

Cheerio, fellow awkwardites!

3. Kathleen Mills says:

Did anyone consider the brother was joking about the bondage, because brothers would never embarrass their sister. Great family picture!

4. Jess says:

Why didn’t they have a fence?

5. Kr says:

The fact that they know their sister likes bondage is … akward…

6. Kaci says:

Am I the only one who thinks that pile of junk she’s tethered next to looks kind of dangerous?

7. Kennedy says:

Yikes! The backstory is more awkward than the photo!

8. tbird says:

whats up with everyones stuffiness over the bondage portion of the comment… hate to break it to you but alot of kinks and fetishes come from experiences from childhood,.,, like healthy ones. It’s totally normal and this is the internet nothing is TMI. hahaha cmon now NBD

9. Karen Nichols says:

My son was so incredibly fast when he was a baby, if I hadn’t tied his baby-walker to the furniture, he wouldn’t have made his first birthday. He was a climber too, and I remember his Dad saying “What we need is a play-pen with a roof or lid on it” he felt terrible when I told him that what he meant was a CAGE. I’d have loved to have a cage for my son – he ran me ragged! :D

10. Paia says:

Heres a crazy idea – BUILD A FENCE!?

• Mifty says:

I assume you mean a fence around the baby? Because a fence around the yard wouldn’t keep a baby from wandering out of sight and putting stuff in her mouth!

Adorable pic, too, even if the explanation was a little bit more than I wanted to know!

11. Gerri says:

My mom used baling twine to tie me into my stroller as a baby so I wouldn’t stand up. No preference for bondage though. :)

12. Donna Lee says:

No that was ME! Only I was tied to a clothes line so I could run up & down our yard and not out in the street! Seemed wise at the time! :-)

13. Kayla says:

The fact that the submitter knows the sister’s adult preference of bondage is rather awkward…

14. Norah says:

When my brother was young, my mother couldn’t take us anywhere without him being on the leather harness and even when he was a baby in the crib, she had to tie the crib onto the wall because he used to jump up and down so much that the crib constantly moved across the floor.

15. Benjamin says:

My reaction to reading the story:

Haha! That’s so cute… oh.

16. StevenJS88 says:

that was me as a child. Except it was a Big Bird child leash that was threatened when I was to out of control for my mother.