What about me?

February 10th, 2014

What about me? - Babies

Out with the old. In with the new.

(submitted by Andrew)

19 Responses to “What about me?”

1. Hammyankles says:

Nobody puts Baby on a coffee table.

2. Alyssa says:

Using a naked baby as a photo prop is generally awkward.

3. Christina says:

I’m a photographer, and I completely agree that this photo is awkward. Maybe the baby wasn’t cold or uncomfortable, but I highly doubt these parents lay their naked newborn on the coffee table to sleep when they’re not told to do so by a photographer. And that’s what makes it *awkward*. It looks stiff, unnatural, and there’s no connection between the parents and the child.

It’s harder to spot the awkward photos of today because everyone is doing these bizarre poses and compositions, and we’re used to them. But as so many other images on this site demonstrate, the trendy photos of today become the awkward photos of tomorrow. I guarantee this child is going to look at this photo one day and say to his or her parents, “What the hell is going on here?…”

4. Dee says:

I don’t know….even though a lot of you are saying this is a sweet photo, it screams “awkward” to me. If I was taking a picture with my newborn, I would want to be close to them….not far away on a hard coffee table. It just seems like the baby is isolated….the family doesn’t look like a cohesive unit. I am not saying anything about their parenting skills or anything…I am just merely stating that the picture looks kind of off.

5. Ashley says:

I don’t think this is awkward at all, it’s a pretty common pose actually.

6. ConnieSue says:

I think the picture of the baby is just beautiful. I am not crazy about the parents in the back ground but that’s a matter of taste.
    “Poor” baby? Loving parents that want to capture priceless moments. “Lucky” baby in my book.
    I agree with the poster some people aren’t happy unless they are being negative and saying how they would have done it better. In reality it doesn’t make them a better person it makes them NEGATIVE.
    I was waiting for someone to say the baby was hungry just by looking at the picture since they could tell the room temp by a photo.
    Just sayin’…..

7. ren says:

i think the composition of the photo is kinda lacking. i think based on the position of the parents and the baby in that room… would’ve been better as a landscape shot instead of portrait.

8. Photographer says:

As a newborn photographer, I can assure you that this baby was neither cold, or uncomfortable. Like another commenter said, they will let you know if they are either of the two. And more than likely there was an assistant just barely out of frame spotting the baby.

9. a mother says:

As a mother, there is nothing wrong here. Where you there? How do you know its cold, we did something kinda similar to this and I had the heating pad on the marble floor before I layed my daughter on it, it was warm & she didn’t even wake up the whole 1 minute it took to take the shot… people saying poor baby its no worse than them being naked after the bath before you dress them… Get real. People just want something to criticize, this is a beautiful photo, nothing wrong.

10. Emberly says:

Trust me…an uncomfortable newborn will let you know…. He’s sleeping peacefully

11. Ajax says:

The little guy or gal doesn’t look too bothered to me. If a baby is uncomfortable at all they’ll let you know. Maybe its really warm where they live. Beautiful little baby.

12. Jesse says:

The idea isn’t awkward. The naked baby alone on the table makes it strange… If they had put the baby in a basket or something and covered him with a blanket, it would have been a very sweet family photo.

13. Danielle Elensky says:

I think its cute.. they should have just put a blanket over the table so that precious little baby isn’t cold :(

14. Jessica says:

That baby must have been freezing! Could he at least lay on a blanket? :(

15. mmjt says:

I don’t think this is awkward at all…

16. D says:

The idea isn’t awkward, just the poor naked baby on the cold, hard table..