Recreating The Awkwardness

March 5th, 2014

Recreating The Awkwardness - Recreating The Awkwardness

(submitted by Jeff)

10 Responses to “Recreating The Awkwardness”

1. JammyJam says:

I love how much hasn’t changed except for a few subtleties. This set reminds me of the photos kids are doing these days, recreating their childhood photos. One thing I’ve noticed is how the laminate has yellowed in the latest photo. It’s a good thing! Reminds me of my grandparents house. You don’t realize how much things actually have changed (subtle or big) until you compare newer pics to older ones.

2. Dee says:

I love how they used the wall clock to disguise the hole in the paneling where the fan was…lol.

3. Mindy says:

Wood paneling never goes out of style!

4. Amy says:

Never have seen a toilet between the washer and dryer before.

• Kat says:

You’ve obviously never been to Pittsburgh, then. Back when the steel mills were still around, houses were built with bathroom fixtures in the basements, (a toilet, a small shower stall and then the big sink that doubled as a laundry tub), so that when steel workers came home, they could enter through the basement, and get cleaned up there. That way, they wouldn’t get dirty in the rest of the house. My grandmother’s house had one. So this was probably taken somewhere in Western PA.

5. Astro says:

It might have taken him 30 years, but he did cover that vent fan with a nice clock.

6. Sarah says:

Love it! Looking good. Room hasn’t changed much.

7. Darryl says:

The question is, what exactly is he polishing?

• Jeff says:

That is the front seat side bar cover to a 1963 Corvair. He has been polishing it in the same spot for 32 years, went through the whole bottle of glass plus and working on the rest of a bottle of Windex. Says a lot for that sponge too.