Foxy Lady

May 4th, 2014

Foxy Lady - Behind The Awkwardness

“My priest owns an African Fennic Fox and decided to bring her to my wedding. Well, this normally tame awesome little creature, that I had met & held the day before, decided to go buck-wild & climb up my neck. Thankfully (I think), my wedding photographer caught it on camera. I was mostly scared it would scratch my gown but it just scratched up my chest…which prompted my awesome priest to say “Oh sorry, she scratched your boobs up.” That’s my new husband on the right laughing nervously & not saving me btw :)”

(submitted by Amanda)

20 Responses to “Foxy Lady”

1. A says:

What does the fox handler say???

2. Suzanne says:

Yeah, I don’t think the Catholic church would allow tattoos to be done after ordination. The rest wouldn’t be a big deal.

3. siennasmom says:

At first I thought it was a staged photo. What a lucky shot and a funny story!

4. steven M says:

We will now sacrifice the virgin to lord Oba the hell fox.

5. kara says:

Lol they are not tame or calm. Ever!! They are like cracked out ferrets! Haha (I had one and they are crazy but so sweet) omg mine used to cratch the hell out of me. I would never have have brought him to our wedding. They can run away and there is no hope of catching them and they don’t really return like most dogs or cats do.

6. Roxie says:

Yeah, I totally don’t believe that’s a real priest.

• Edward says:

And just what does a “real” priest look like, huh?

• Amanda - the bride says:

he’s a legit old catholic priest – also a police chaplin. he’s been on a few tlc shows & shot a bunch of scuba weddings as well as a show on a&e about tattoos. he rides a harley and gave the best ceremony ever. i still get compliments on it! :)

7. Nikki says:

I love how your new husband just stands there and watches as you get attacked by a fox…..NOT!

• Amanda - the bride says:

lol he did react shortly after the pic it just happened really fast lol he told me the fox was a bad idea so i have to give him that lol

8. Lauren says:

I love your dress. I wore the same one at my own wedding. :)

Unfortunately my priest owns a dog and not a fox so we weren’t able to get any photos that are quite as amazing as this one. :)

• Amanda - the bride says:

Thank you! Paloma Blanca – we have good taste lol The fox is normally super sweet but idk wtf happened at this point in the day LOL i think it was overwhelmed by other people wanting to pet it…we just wanted a quick pic with it and then i mauled me haha

9. Edward says:

I find it interesting too that the priest has tattoos. But maybe he got them before he was ordained and went into the priesthood. It happens sometimes.

10. Brice Smyth says:

I think, judging by the tats, that the man on the left is not a priest, but a member of JUDAS PRIEST.

11. Rahvin says:

Awesome. The picture, the story, the priest, the husband… And “scratched your boobs up” could even become the title of a dadaistic rap song.

12. Dan says:

What kind of priest has tattoos like that? In fact, what kind of priest keeps an African Fox?