May 7th, 2014

Magnolia - *AFP Hall Of Fame*

“I’ve been scanning old Kodachrome slides and I thought this was just a nice photograph of my mother among the magnolias… then I saw my someone peering over her shoulder. So creepy.”

(submitted by Amelia)

29 Responses to “Magnolia”

1. Brandon says:

Well that is definitely photoshopped. Geez

2. Bill Shroyer says:

I think the “my someone peering over her shoulder” might be a clue. Makes it sound like maybe her husband was actually there, playing a little hide-and-seek joke. Otherwise, “my someone” might just be a typo.

3. Brenda says:

I’m sure I’ve seen the same face in another photo peering out from under a settee. This other picture was obviously photoshopped, so in my own opinion I think this one is too.

4. Dawnygirl says:

I choose to believe it was an early incident of photobombing…

5. Sam says:

The era of films. Millenium babies will never understand :D

• Mike says:

Exactly, this kind of error happened often, even decades before the futuristic thought of having a computer that could actually fit into a persons house, mush less software like Adobe and etc. Also to our “Photoshop criers” do you think we didn’t have weird photos like this before Photoshop? Also if this was a Photoshop edit then it is about the lamest one you could possibly learn how to do…lol

6. Bobbi Craig says:

I noticed that the Magnolia looked like one of the Seven Dwarfs….like Grumpy, I’d say!!

7. Amy says:

Seriously, not everything is photoshopped you tools. This is obviously a genuine exposure mistake but still is creepy and slightly awkward.

8. TransBearJD says:

Ummmm the peering guy is also holding a cat…. this just got the creepiest double exposure award, in my book.

9. Ashlee says:

Well then. I guess I’m going to check my surroundings next time I go out to my garden!!! Haha! Anyways, that would be some scary stuff to look at. Imagine this: You’re innocently checking out your pictures. You see this one. You say, “Oh look at how good I-. WAIT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. TB says:

Original photo bomb!

11. jullee says:

could be a partial double exposure…just one of those things that can happen with film cameras

12. k says:

Photo shopped

13. reez says:

I don’t think that face was part of this original picture – I think this is a mishap of your picture scanning activities and the face in the background was from a different snapshot.

14. Abby Normal says:

Someone trying to steal magnolias?

15. Joy says:

These were funny until people started photoshopping them.

16. Jet Tilton says:

looks like a film processing mistake, like another frame was printed along with this? kinda hard to get your head 90 degrees like that and that black horizontal area also looks like the film strip…

17. Rahvin says:

Sometimes I really wished for a Zoom function on this page to see the pictures in their full glory. Creepy stuff…

18. Katie says:

Is this perhaps a double exposure? The angle of his head is unnaturally perfectly horizontal. Perhaps his photo was snapped vertically, and either the film hadn’t advanced properly, or it was a processing accident.

Still, the effect is priceless!