An American Tail

May 22nd, 2014

An American Tail - Behind The Awkwardness

“Family fun at Chuck E. Cheese’s for my birthday.  As a parent myself, I find this photo highly disturbing, and causes me to question my entire childhood.  I mean, what kind of parent allows their daughter to wear socks with sandals?!”

(submitted by Angela)

10 Responses to “An American Tail”

1. Shelly Skeens says:

Classic caption. If you’re not already a humorist, you should be!

2. Mary says:

You had to have socks on to go in the ball pit or tunnels. Give your poor parents a break!

3. Genevieve says:

Also note that Chuck E. Cheese doesn’t have eyes….

4. Marcusss says:

I love your sense of humor. The final sentence caught me completely off guard. Well done!

5. Amy says:

I love your comment. I know what I was thinking! But you are right- the socks and sandals! Horror!

6. Don says:

Is that what you get for 1 token?

7. Jill says:

One token starts our show!

8. John Q says:

Only in America would they have a rat themed children’s fast food pizza restaurant.

I always found Chuck E. Cheese to be a bit disturbing. The whole feel of the place is kind of odd and creepy. The place always seemed dirty and then it’s the whole rat theme. Then it’s a bunch of adult male perverts making minimum wage making pizzas for little kids in some phony carnival setting. Then some of the perverts were walking around in the rat costumes.

And the mascot evolved to be more cartoon like in the 1990′s but back in the early 80′s the mascot was a pretty creepy looking rat.

9. Anonymous says:

I am more concerned about what Chuck E. looks like he’s holding and it’s not his tail.

10. Mark says:

You are correct, the most disturbing thing about this photo is that your mother put socks on you when you were going to be wearing sandals. Otherwise, the photo is just sweet!