Hosed

June 5th, 2014

Hosed - Behind The Awkwardness

“My dad had a medical procedure the day of my prom and was out of his mind on pain killers when my mom insisted that I pose with him before prom.  I like to think he would’ve put down the hose for the pic if he’d been in his right mind, but in all honesty it could’ve gone either way.  He has no memory of taking this photo.”

(submitted by Emily)

11 Responses to “Hosed”

1. Nikki says:

What an awesome dress!! I LOVE how dad is still spraying the hose! Hahahaha!

2. Joe says:

Oh Lord … the “That’s been photoshopped’ trolls have arrived …

3. Daniel says:

I may be high on something myself but that looks very photoshopped. the background doesnt match it looks out of place. like they’re standing in front of a bluescreen with a “neighborhood” backdrop placed in after.

• Michelle says:

That’s all I can see now! haha

• Jill says:

How do you figure? Its a really old photo, not the best quality. There are no major discrepancies (if you mean the RV being so low compared to the lawn – the wall suggest a gradual slope) and this is HARDLY funny enough for someone to intentionally put together. The humor is in the back story.

• Jeremiah says:

What you’re seeing is the sort of artificial look that lighting a subject with forward facing flash in front of a bright background can produce. They are standing under a porch, it looks like, so they should be in shadow, but the flash equals their brightness to the background, which makes them seem more ‘forward’ in the photo than they actually are. That’s what gives them that ‘greenscreen’ look.

• HA says:

This is my uncle and cousin. that’s their yard and 100% not photoshopped. pretty part of the country.

4. Bob says:

I think he was hosing down your prom date after pulling you out of his clutches.

5. Bill Lutz says:

Pretty dress.

6. Ingrid Hutto says:

Oh my Glob…My dad would have done the same thing.So totally get u.