Cats and Dogs

July 5th, 2010

Begs the age old question… who’s more awkward–cat people or dog people?

(submitted by Cecilia & Nicole)

• In • 34 Comments »

34 Responses to “Cats and Dogs”

1. Jean says:

I love cats, but I have to say the cat family is more awkward. They don’t look very cheerful and cats have a way of making the people holding them look unworthy of the honor.

2. Maeve says:

The cat family by far is more awkward.
    But the white dog looks so out of place. I think the photo probably went down something like this.
    “Hey, let’s take this photo with all our dogs! Wait we have five family members and only four dogs”
    “Don’t worry, we have a spare dog for these occasions”

3. Jacqueline says:

Cat peope win the awkward contest hands down.

None of the people in the cat picture are smiling.

4. hehe says:

My favorite part is the guy with the creepy seductive smile.

5. Lee says:

The cat people are beyond awkward .. the appear to be from another planet or something.

The dogs however are cursed by someone who is obsessed with putting little ribbons in their hair.

6. sydney says:

cat people are definitely more awkward

7. Modine says:

It’s hard to take a picture of a person holding a cat that is not awkward. There’s something about restraining a snarling wriggling biteball to prevent bodily harm. Cat people are wonderful people, but they sure do provide some awkward photos.

8. Lindsay says:

DEFINITELY cat people.

9. David says:

Suddenly, Snowball considered for the first time the possibility that there was no farm with wide open fields and cats to chase awaiting him upstate.

10. Pam says:

Well, the dog people look like they are having a laugh, but the cat people look like they think they’re posing for an heirloom portrait. And hey, about that cat family…is that kid Prince?

lol

11. Jak says:

awkward is in the eye of the beholder, but the dog people sure seem happier…

12. Jesse says:

Hey, at least the cat family is fully clothed in this photo.

• Mrs. Woofruff says:

????

Sooooo are the dog people, right?

????

Case and point – you must be a cat person. Cat hair fluffing around on your monitor – hard to see that the dog people are wearing clothes. They are. However the cat people guy is wearing shorts. I think. Could be pants that one of the cats ripped to shreds. Cats make people miserable. Ew, cats.

• Alex says:

I think Jesse is talking about the picture names LOL Cats where to naked people are holding their cats in front of their….areas.

13. JerseyPam says:

I always had to share my pets growing up. Everybody gets their own these days.

14. manz says:

I’m a cat person, but cats definitely make for more awkward family portraits. I would never try to take a picture like that with my cat!

15. Harry says:

The cat family looks a bit awkward but only because cats are smarter than dogs and know they shouldn’t be in a picture like this!

16. senora_jennifer says:

I think the cat people are more awkward, but I must say……Isn’t it pretty awkward that the guys in the dog picture have dogs with bows in their hair?

17. Tom Flapwell says:

I think the trouble is that dogs look smiley when they pant, but cats rarely come close to a smile. The respective traits rubbed off on these people.

18. Debbie says:

You kidding? Cat people!

19. coolio says:

Dog people are happier than cat people. C’mon cat people — turn that frown upsidedown.

20. michelle says:

cat people are by far more awkward

21. RugbySkin says:

The cat people are. The dogs look genuinely happy to be there (ok, 4/5, that white one looks like he’s about to be done with that). All the cats look like they’re about to aim for veins.

22. Amy says:

Cat people are way more awkward

23. Ed says:

I don’t think the dog family is particularly awkward. Nothing about their clothes or their demeanor (so the kids have matching t-shirts, is that funny?) or the way they are holding the dogs (there are a lot of them, but that’s not particularly cringe inducing) merits inclusion here. The cat family totally trumps them. Or am I missing something?

24. Freckles says:

Cat people win the awkward title hands-down. Have you ever heard the expression ‘crazy dog lady?’

‘Nuff said.