Behind The Awkwardness: Pajama Party

June 11th, 2011

“My grandmothers dog had fleas. Her solution was unorthodox but successful.”

(submitted by Shannon)

• In • 9 Comments »

9 Responses to “Behind The Awkwardness: Pajama Party”

1. Violet says:

Way late here, but I’d assume that the clothes and booties were a temporary thing until the bites healed and the dog was no longer itchy. I’m sure that the dog was treated for the fleas, but if it was anything like one cat that I had, who was very allergic to fleas, he’d claw and bite himself bald if fleas got on him. So, the booties wouldn’t have prevented him from biting himself. :-/

• meg says:

My toy poodle went thru the same thing, he would scratch himself until he was sliced and bleeding. I can understand treating him w frontline and then covering him up. Sometimes, even when it embaresses them, it is for their own good. U have to make hard choices like that bc you love them.

2. Princess Mali-senji says:

…just the booties may have been sufficient…though my dog would make up a game of chewing the fabric until they came off.

3. Anne says:

This photo represents cruelty and is not amusing. I am surprised this was posted.

• Dibba says:

Really? How is this cruel? Ok, the dog looks a little embarrassed, but I think he’ll get over it!

• Krista says:

I agree, this is a punishment..ever have an itch you can’t scratch….making the dog continue to live with fleas biting him is awlful…covering them with pajamas doesn’t make them go away…poor lil guy

4. mandie says:

Umm… wouldn’t a flea bath or flea meds from the vet be quicker and more successful than making doggie jammies? Justa thought…

5. ScoutC says:

I don’t get how putting booties and baby pajamas on a dog would rid it of fleas. It might stop the dog from scratching, but the dog would still have fleas. This poor guy looks so sad. Some Christmas that turned out to be for him!

• Amber says:

Yeah, I’m fine with the pajamas if people feel the need – but trapping all the fleas in there is just cruel. Even in the 70′s a bottle of Hartz flea shampoo was cheap at the grocery.