Nothing To See Here

October 17th, 2011

Ryan’s father was just trying to help him get over his fear of tigers.

(submitted by Ryan)

• In • 17 Comments »

17 Responses to “Nothing To See Here”

1. N.A. says:

The problem with keeping tigers as pets is not that the tiger is going to attack and eat the people who raised it. They are capable of bonding with people just like a house cat is, BUT — my house cat likes to wrestle my arm, pounce on my leg, and be playful in general. She’s usually gentle, but sometimes when she gets really into it the claws come out. Cats never really grow out of playing, and that’s part of how they bond. And big cats are just too, well, BIG. They don’t realize how strong they are, and what they’re capable of when they’re just being playful. And they can hurt someone they’ve bonded with, without trying to. Tragic for both the cat and the human. When Roy (of Siegfried & Roy) was injured, the tiger was trying to drag him to safety by the scruff of his neck, the way a mother tiger carries her young. Very sad.

2. Merri says:

I think the tiger looks just as distressed as the child does.

3. Ala says:

well, having a tyger as a pet is just not cool. There are only few in wild, partly because of people wanting them as pets. Shame.

4. Sarah says:

Recent events in Ohio make this picture seem even sadder. When will people learn?

5. meri says:

I love how the 2 year old has more terror (thus more sense in his tiny head) than the dad. That poor tiger, that is no kind of life.

• Ginger says:

I agree, meri. I hate to be a killjoy but the first thing I think when I look at this is that poor animal.

• Sue says:

That’s what I was thinking, the children have more sense that the adults. Since the pic is so long ago, hopefully they grew out of having tigers as pets.

6. Tom Flapwell says:

Hope it’s stuffed.

• Jazer says:

I don’t think it looks stuffed to the kid on the lap who looks absolutely terrified, while the kid in back is starting to shift his interest pretty quickly from the snack to the fact of a tiger in the living room.. meanwhile Dad(?) finds it pretty amusing. Must..hear..story

• ScoutC says:

Yes, a young tiger like that usually can ingest only two small children and one idiot adult male at one feeding. Wild animals for pets drives me crazy.

7. JS says:

The kiddo on the left is thinking … “well – with Dad AND Junior between me and Tony the Tiger … I’m feelin’ grrrrreat!”

8. Markus says:

This photo is g-r-r-r-e-a-t-t !!!

9. Kelli says:

Calvin and Hobbs!!

10. Jazer says:

You can’t just put up that picture and not tell us the story! Must … hear… story…