The Wedding Toast

April 3rd, 2012

As many of you may know, my grandparents are an inspiration to me. While they are the two funniest people I know, they are also incredible role models– married for 72 years! Well, today marks my first anniversary and I couldn’t help but re-post this amazing wedding toast they recorded for my wife and I last year. Mike Co-Founder, AFP

241 Responses to “The Wedding Toast”

1. Dianne says:

That was so beautiful. Thank you for sharing it. It made me laugh and also cry for my parents who are in heaven. They used to make me laugh like that and were married 56 years. May God Bless your marriage. xo

2. PattyJane says:

Oh my, your Grandparents are just precious! Love these dear people for all of us!

3. That is the cutest couple I’ve seen in a very long long time! Bless you both and your families and congratulations to the bride and groom !!!!
    Dianne from Monument, CO

4. Leila Bell says:

Both of you have the role models now. I wish you success in meeting their challenge for a rewarding married life!

5. isaycut says:

That is the funniest Sh&%$T Ive seen in a long time. And so honest.

6. Deidre says:

Thank you for sharing. That is the most adorable couple I have ever seen. God Bless Them and your Wonderful Family.

7. ANITA SHERMAN says:

8. Susan says:

Can they be talking to us too? My name is Sue and my husbands name is Mike as well!!! I’ve adopted them in my heart :-D

9. Lindsay, Sydney, Australia says:

Oh how gorgeous! Very precious. I have some video of my little Jewish Grandmother before she died, dancing and singing for the family. So wonderful to be able to show to my own daughter who never knew her.
    A long and happy life to you all!

10. Kristen says:

What an adorable couple! Congratulations to the bride and groom and also the lovely grandparents!

11. Kat says:

hmm the key for me is don’t sweat the small stuff. enjoy each other good bad and indiffernt, it does work!!

12. Jerome says:

What a KISS!

Kenny, you still Da Man!

Love to Selma, too.

I will follow their advice to the “T.”

JK – 38 years and counting with my child bride.

13. Barbara says:

That that ladies and gentlemen is called ‘A Perfect Marriage’.

14. adrienne reeves says:

This video makes my heart stretch with love and my body shake with laughter. My husband and I have 43 years behind us. I hope we can reach the point of love that these two people obviously have had for each other for so long. I love this!!!!!

• myrna d says:

That’s was wonderful, made me laugh and than I got teary, I would have celebrated 50 years next year, what a Blessing 72 years and they still can laugh, Wonderful…..

15. Roy says:

May they live, love, laugh and be happy another 120 years old. Bless them ! Their simple practical advice is more valuable than all pseudo intellectual marriage self-help books currently sitting on the bookstore shelf.

16. Elaine says:

They made me laugh and made me cry. My daughter’s grandparents were not alive for her wedding and I thought of them, which is probably why I cried. Kenny and Selma are perfectly wonderful, and the perfect grandparents. G-d bless them and their children and grandchildren. That’s what it is all about.

17. Gail Hochberg says:

Loved it. Made me cry a little. My parents were married 67 years this past November but, as of this past December, my dad now has to live in a nursing home because of his advanced dementia. Also… made me miss my maternal grandparents very much.

18. Betty in Washington State says:

I love it, I love it, I love it. I even love these people. So real – so wonderful. Live long and happy.

19. James says:

This was fun to watch. It made me think of the joke where the boy comes home from school and tells his mom that he’s going to be in the school play. His mom asks him which part he’ll play and the boy says, “I’m going to play the Jewish husband.” the mother responds, “You go tell your teacher you want a speaking part!”

20. Rita says:

The best part of this whole video is that they are still laughing! And I believe that is what keep people together for so long. Keep a sense of humor, always!
    I love those 2

21. jack ditkowich says:

beautiful story. love to all

22. Joyce A. says:

Reminded me so much of that Woody Allen flick (Annie Hall? I think!) where he segways to the elderly Jewish couple towards the film’s end….truly a keepsake….made me both laugh and cry as it evokes such personal emotions for all of us as we reflect about our own families/memories.

23. Joyce A. says:

This is simply ADORABLE….truly expresses the “family bonds” some of us share other than the 2-legged variety! This photo is not awkward, rather, unique and drammatically different….A TRUE WINNER! Kudos to this couple/trio!

24. Ina Cabanas says:

What a beautiful message. Something to watch & remember your grandparents always. Imagine, being married for 72 years!! That’s incredible.

25. Ernie says:

Mazel Tov! What a gift they are! You are truly blessed to receive this memory.
    Everyone has a story, use today’s video and social media to capture
    more of these great stories for your children’s experience.
    I shoot professional video of weddings and other events and this video toast rates way up there. Treasure it!

Ernie, London, On

26. Paulette and Gary says:

We just celebrated our 40th. I’ll add, “Cleave on to each other.”
    Laugh alot. forgive. kiss. talk, gather friends and Laugh some more.

27. Arlen says:

Fantastic toast. A big Mazel Tov from your friends from Canada.

28. Stephenie Compher says:

How precious! Thank you for sharing!

29. Nancy says:

ONLY…why didnt you guys move your wedding to their local so they could be there to celebrate w YOU???

30. Lily says:

Mazeltov. What a wonderful video. My grandparents perished in Europe and I never knew them, so this is something precious for me to see. I would like to think that this is how they may have been. My parents also had a sweet marriage, with humor and love and this remains with me. This video is joyous and humorous and that toast! brings smiles all around thank you for sharing this.

31. BETTY says:

How lucky you are to have such wonderful grandparents and who have been together for soooo many years. I never had the pleasure of having even one grandparent, much less 4, treasure this moment always – I am sure you will keep this forever. Mazel Tov to you both and may you live a long and healthy life and be able to celebrate your 72 years of marriage. Much luck and happiness to you both.
    Hugs and Kisses
    /Betty from Baltimore, Maryland

32. Betty says:

This was precious – This is something I’m sure you will want to keep forever. All of my grandparents were gone before I even arrived, so just think how very lucky you are to still have them. They look like you can have a lot of fun with them. Mazel Tov to you both. and I hope you make it as long as they have.

33. Anne says:

They are just adorable. So real!!!

34. Bonnie says:

How lucky you are to have these two wonderful people in your life for so many many years. They are wonderful. Follow what they say, it is true. I am married for 45 years and it is all so true. Good luck to you!

35. Dee says:

Yeah, you think you are so young and will never get there, but guess what, you do. Listen to and love these people………..they have such a message……..It happens to all of us. lol

36. Aline says says:

What a wonderful loving couple they are. This is true love and is precious. I never knew my grandparents but I would like to think they would be them. Mazel-tov to the bride & groom and may you be as happy as Selma & Kenny.

37. arnon drozd says:

When you see your grandparents , first give them each big kiss from me, second: ask them if they want to adopt one more family member I am of small stature, easy going, friendly, no scratching or biting, any of that. I am also balding , so there is no hair every where.
    In any event give them a big hug too.

38. Melissa says:

That was very cute and very special
    I would try to keep that forever!

39. Susan says:

I was fortunate enough to have my grandparents at my wedding, but I would say this is the next best thing!! They too were married over 70 years and I have to tell you both one thing – listen to every word she said!!! Good luck in your lives together.

40. Jeannie Raffle says:

Wonderful wedding toast! They remind me of my grandparents. You are so fortunate to have them part of your life. They look like two amazing people who have enjoyed each other for many years.
    Mozel tov to you on your marriage and to these two people who obviously love you very much!

• Rena Feingold says:

They are a fortunate couple indeed . . . to be laughing together after all those years. Watching them gives me hope.

41. dorothy says:

I never knew my grandparents as they died in Europe. If I had known them I would hope they would be like these 2 wonderful people.

42. Michael says:

This would make a great movie!! Mazel Tov!!

43. Dorothy says:

I see myself & hubby in this video – and as usual, we women do most of the talking!!! Why is this so?? So adorable ….. the laughter at the end – tells it all.

44. Amy says:

This is priceless!! Mazel Tov! you should live long and enjoy!!!

45. holly says:

They are the cutest grandparents ever!! everyone should be so lucky. Congrats on your marriage

46. Vera says:

I loved it! What a wonderful keepsake you now own!

47. Allan says:

Loved the Wedding Toast. You should know that you are blessed to have such vital and happy grandparents. Congratulations on your marriage.

48. Harriet says:

I loved this. Thank God for all the Bubbies and Zaidies of the world, may they live a very long and happy life.. Mazel tov…

49. Laura says:

They are a riot and a perfect couple! I have parents that sound just like Kenny and Selma! Mike, I hope you and your wife enjoy just as many and more happy years together. What a toast and blessing!

50. Rita says:

This is absolutely precious!!!

• Sharon says:

Mazel Tov and Blessings always. Your grandparents are wonderful and remind me of my parents who were married for 68 years. Papa would sing “Let me Call you Sweetheart” to mama…. still makes me smile. Thanks for sharing this memorable toast, I loved it!
      Sharon from Fairfax, VA