Awkward Celebrity Sing-A-Long

December 3rd, 2010

Relive the best where are they now and who are they now celebrity karaoke party ever.

(submitted by Matthew)

148 Responses to “Awkward Celebrity Sing-A-Long”

1. greetings says:

This is an commercial for a Norwegian TV-show called “Golden Times”. Its actually season 3 i think, and the whole meaning of the show is.. drumroll.. three old friends (the ones in red) who drive around in the States and meet their old idols.. And interview them, the questions beeing: What have you been doing since you had you one hit wonder? And how/who are you now? FML

Greetings from Norway!

2. Tammy says:

I liked it!

3. ScoutC says:

Someone dug deep into the depths of “What-once-was-land” to find this crew. I love how some of them didn’t even bother to try to lip synch but just smiled at the camera or did whatever the hell it was they did. Leslie Nielsen will be missed, however.

4. Niblet says:

I LOVED THIS! LOVED, LOVED LOVED IT!

The only thing that felt awkward was reading some of these comments – why so much negativity, people???

It’s so nice to see that EVERYONE -even the celebrity gang – is aging – some well, some not so well, but still…Time seems to be the Great Equalizer, doesn’t it? This felt like my high school reunion.

Not awkward…AWESOME!

5. Sofie (from Norway) says:

This is indeed for one of Norways most popular tv-shows. They interview old has-beens in relaxed settings (some actually in their homes) and we learn how they feel about what they did and what they do now and other interessting stuff.

They have done this for years, actually. They startet with Norway, then Sweden, then this is the second season with all the world. I find it to be a good programme, although many of the american actors that has been out of the “game” for a while say in the programme “I just spoke with my agent last week to tell them I want to work again”, so they are using the programme as kind of a spur to get to work again.

But I think it is funny how they get to talk to all theese people and how they get them to sing and be relaxed with the interviewer (the tall guy in the middle with red sweater) who doesn’t speak that good english. And also the soundguy and the guy filming (the other two in red sweaters) are asking questions sometimes. Good program!!!!!

6. BigMomma says:

That was priceless!!! Thanks for sharing! =)

7. toots says:

Did I see the same video? I loved it. You are calling these people has beens? They did something of note and then they went on and did other things. What have you done with your life? Check a mirror…

8. Tito says:

Was I watching the same video as everyone else? I loved that. I really enjoyed seeing all the celebrities of the past. I loved the randomness of it. How mean to call them “has beens.” They did something once and they moved on to something else. Try looking in a mirror sometime. You aren’t getting any younger yourself. Try coming into things with a lighter heart…..you might enjoy your life more.

• Miz says:

I completely agree. Not everyone has an acting career forever. I don’t think it’s “mean” to call them has-beens, just weak. Some of them were quite good…

9. Delaney says:

Glenn Close must have been sooo psyched to find out she was following Tonya Harding.

10. Anne says:

What the hell is Glen Close doing in this video? All the rest are D-list actors and has beens, and then Glen Close??

11. J├Ârgen Baumwolle says:

Nice to see that Ana Alicia still looks good. Stubbs held up well too
    It’s a nice ‘guess the former celeb’ quizz

12. Marianne says:

Hahaha, I agree that this is awkward, but to clear a few things up: Like Teresa said, this is a promo for the Norwegian TV program “Golden Times”. It features the three men in red sweaters, who take a trip down memory lane and revisit TV shows and artists from their younger years. Most of these celebrities have been long gone, while others are still pretty famous. Thus the “random” selection ;)

13. kristin says:

As someone already has pointed out, this is from the Norwegian show “Gyldne tider”, where the three men in the red sweaters find their childhood heroes. It’s popular just because of the reaction “THAT’S how they look now!” Also, they have had some nice and personal interviews, for instance with Mickey Rourke.

Either way, this video IS really awkward. And I think it’s the point. They’ve done music videos in all seasons (this is the fourth, I think), but never with such a CGI background…

14. Katie says:

I thought it was GREAT to see so many starts of yesteryear having some fun! I saw some terrific people on the video. Why do some see it as awkward? I find it absolutely wonderful!

15. Liz says:

This is a Norwegian TV program “Gylne Tider” were they interview celebs that were big in the 80`s and 90`s. What have they been doing since? etc. Milli Vanilli sang in the interview, and was very good at it. Why this video? Don`t know, but there is another one with We are the World, as well.

16. Anne-Line says:

Hello

I am from Norway :P

This video was indeed made for a norwegian tv-show. The show started with the hosts visitng people who used to be famous in 80′s and 90′s to see what they are doing now. They expanded to scandinavia. And now to the US :P

17. Maria says:

HAha! Im from Norway! And I love this awkward show! They are traveling around and visiting their childhood-heroes. And interview them in really bad English. I always laugh, but this sing-along tops it off. Haha! kinda weird to see this here, as a Norwegian:p

18. Cait says:

Oh those crazy Scandinavians! I know that the Danes are also crazy about celebrities doing just about anything.

19. Laura says:

The weirdest part for me was that Huey Lewis was obviously not singing.

20. Cassmus says:

I laughed out loud when Milli Vanilli was up there. Already the definition of “celebrity” was getting stretched thin… He made it snap and fly halfway across the room.

Awkward? Not terribly. It’s a good song (probably one of the most popular of the 20th century) and it’s clear that all of those people are enjoying themselves.

But I agree with the others that say that there are a lot of has-beens in the video. Plus a few never-weres.

21. meri says:

Holy Smokes, this tv show in Norway has other, equally disturbing…er…entertaining songs sung by ex-celebs. Scary how many of them I remember…

22. Ananas says:

Tonya Harding and Glenn Close? Mmmk….

23. meri says:

What was up with Leslie Nielsen taking a swig of liquor/wine right in the middle of the whole thing. I was thinking this was a spoof of ‘dear or alive’, but then he wouldn’t have been in it, would he?

Strange but wonderful, thanks for posting!

24. Chris says:

Please tell me what this was about?!?!?! I need to know why someone did this.

25. Teresa says:

Well, I have yet to find out any details about the show, but this is a promo for the Norwegian TV program “Golden Times.” As I understand, some of the celebrities lip synced (surprise!), and some actually sang. Anyway, I find it strangely entertaining, but then, I am easily entertained…LOL.

• Teresa says:

I found it! The show is about three people who look up their idols from the 70′s through the 90′s and interview them. I didn’t find out if this was a reality show or something else, but it explains the seemingly random selection of “vintage” celebrities.

• Jo says:

Which leaves me wondering, who on Earth would idolize Tonya Harding??? A few of the others are questionable too. I know why they did it now and I’m almost as confused as I was before…

• Maria says:

The show is based on tree guys traveling around interviewing their childhood-heroes in really awkward bad English. And this sing-along is a mash-up of them all. I cant believe they got them all to do that! And I cant believe this video is known outside Norway! haha..

• Teresa says:

LOL, sounds interesting, but I doubt the program will be available in the US anytime soon. We’ll just have to be satisfied with the video, which seems to be playing everywhere now.

26. MG says:

wait. why? why does this exist?

27. dan says:

why is it so dam long????

28. geekgirl says:

Wow, WT*? And now I feel so old. What the heck happended to Judd Nelson?! And Kelly McGillis is younger than my mom and she looks like my granny! I knew the 80′s were getting farther away but I didn’t really think about how old some of the actors have to be now.

• Alan says:

Am I the only one who noticed that Kelly McGillis’ head seems to have shrunk over the years? It’s only the size of a grapefruit now!

29. Kolchak says:

Hey, I think the dude from Milli Vanilli was lip-synching!

30. yanni88 says:

WOW, Milli-Vanilli sounded great!

31. maryis says:

This was made for TV2 in Norway. It’s awkward to me that all these people are known in Norway.

32. what the says:

If that’s really Ricki Lake singing, MAN does she have a deep voice!

33. Care says:

HUH?????

34. ichooslif says:

What in god’s name is going on in this video?

35. JerseyPam says:

Hmm, I’m gonna let that be.

36. Louise says:

OMG…what the heck? This is such a random assortment of celebrities!!! I couldn’t stop watching because I wanted to see who the next long forgotten “singing” celebrity would be! Are we supposed to believe it is actually them singing?

37. Ellie says:

More awkward: the CGI background or the “celebrities”?

38. iLOLd says:

O.o

This puts the “buh” in bizarre. Would be comedic perfection if it featured Roseanne Barr grabbing her crotch.

39. Rob says:

Is it just me or does Judd Nelson look like Leonard Maltin?

40. ditt says:

what the hell was that?

41. bigchooch says:

this song has been stuck in my head ALL WEEK from the stupid iPod commercials and when i FINALLY get rid of it, you post this……now it’ll be there all weekend….thnx

42. Baggins says:

That was quite terrible.

43. Ellie says:

I loved watching this. Bud Spencer! Tonya Harding! Milli Vanilli! And no, you can’t ruin Let it be…

44. Lisa says:

I can’t watch the whole thing. The awkwardness is making me too uncomfortable.

45. stef says:

That was indeed, quite awkward. I was uncomfortable watching that. And for what purpose was this video created? Let *what* be? As if there aren’t enough unanswered questions in life…

46. Pat says:

What is this I don’t even….

47. SP says:

Three words: WTF?

48. Bunnyman says:

All those people and not one decent career.

• Tina says:

What wondrous things have you done with your life?

• LainTexas says:

Jason Alexander hasn’t had a “decent career?”

How about Katerina Witt, George Wendt, Dee Snyder, Peter Falk, Judd Nelson? Not one of them has had a “decent career?”

Look again, B-Man.

49. Dines says:

… or the great “Awkward Has-Been Sing-a-Long”.

50. Andrea says:

Is this for real? It looks like a big joke on the washed up has-beens of the 80′s and 90′s, except that they seem to be taking it seriously.