15 Memes That Anyone Who Grew Up In The 90s Will Relate To
If you’re a 90’s kid, and you meet someone else who grew up in the 90’s, chances are you already have a lot in common. You both owned about 500 Pogs, even though everyone knew it was a dumb fad. You both coveted Lunchables, even if they were basically just a brown bag lunch you had to assemble yourself. And you would have done anything to go to Space Camp, up to and including murder.
But thanks to the Internet, you don’t even have to meet another 90’s kid to get your nostalgia fix. Instead, you can just take a look at these 90’s-themed memes, originally compiled by Bored Panda. Is it fun to take a trip down memory lane? Definitely. Is it also about resenting how good today’s kids have it? A little bit! Both are totally legit reasons to reminisce about the Naughty 90’s. Let’s get to it!
1. We didn’t play Minecraft. We played something much sadder.
2. Your leisure reading options were pretty limited.
3. So were your fashion options.
4. This was how you blocked someone.
5. Texting was analog.
6. Wanna know the lyrics to a song? Buy the album.
7. Pants got ruined a lot more quickly.
8. Photography was suspenseful.
9. This was as smart as our watches got.
10. If you didn’t pick the haunted castle, there was something wrong with you.
11. This was your primary method of courtship.
12. Digital pets had it rough.
13. We lived by a code, and that code was “Be Kind, Rewind.”
14. Life was a lot scarier.
15. Homework took about 10,000 times longer.
h/t: Bored Panda