15 Things From The 1980’s That Wouldn’t Fly Today
Life has changed a lot since the 1980’s, it’s never more obvious than when you compare a 1980’s childhood with a 2018 childhood. Back in the 80’s, things were simpler–and by that I mean things were a whole lot more dangerous. And it wasn’t so much that we didn’t understand that these activities were unsafe, it was more like we just…didn’t really care. Today, we’ll be looking at 15 things from childhood in the 80’s, and appreciating that we made it to adulthood with all our eyes and limbs intact.
1. Toys that were also weapons.
2. The station wagon, aka “the rolling playground.”
3. A pickup truck could seat 16.
4. Peanut butter was a food, not a biohazard.
5. Bike helmets just slowed you down.
6. Everywhere was a trash can.
7. Giving babies beer was hilarious.
8. This was your curfew.
9. Seat belts were just a suggestion.
10. You had to pick between smoking or non-smoking. Just kidding, everywhere was the smoking section.
11. For latchkey kids, you were your own babysitter.
12. The mall was the place to be.
13. Owning a water bed made you a cool dude, not a perv.
14. Children could leave their homes without a means of communication in their pocket.
15. Everyone ate gluten, and nobody lived past 30 because of it.