Awkward Dating Profiles Of The 1960’s
Thanks to the Internet, we live in a golden age of romance–especially if you’re of the kinky persuasion. No matter who you are, (or what you’re into), you can find people with similar interests, without having to even leave your couch! Even better, you can be as anonymous as you want! Obviously things haven’t always been this way, and if you look at these dating profiles from the 1960’s (thanks to our friends at Flashbak), you’ll see how far we’ve come.
Imagine how difficult all of this would have been. This was a time when a minuscule percentage of people even knew what kinky stuff was. Then realize your only communication was snail mail. (Or phone, if you’re lucky, but many of these guys weren’t.) On top of THAT, you had to use full photos of your real face. You couldn’t even use a Snapchat filter!
Talk about putting it all out there.
We’ll never know if these gentlemen ever found their special someone or someones, but we like to think they did. We’re romantics at heart.
2. He’s willing to travel to every state in the Gulf Coast region. Something tell us he’s getting a bit desperate.
3. Hey ladies, don’t waste this guy’s time asking for pics unless you’re willing to pay the postage.
4. This is what people did before Craigslist Missed Connections. Also, sometimes they wrote in verse.
5. And you thought the most exciting thing in Missouri was the Cubs-Cardinals game.
6. On this one it seems like he went with a horseback riding innuendo to describe what he’s into, but then got way too into fantasizing about actual horseback riding and forgot what he was writing about in the first place.
7. If you’re not interested in swinging, this guy is also recruiting for his doomsday cult.
8. This gent is an inspiration to stocky fellows everywhere. (Even if he does need help choosing a profile pic.)
9. There’s something endearing about this man’s willingness to answer every letter he gets. Politeness is a lost art!