Dad Illustrates Things Said by (and to) His Two-Year-Old
Toddlers have a knack for saying the unexpected. As they begin to figure out language, sometimes the things they say can verge on poetry. Parents everywhere enjoy their kids’ weird sayings, but illustrator and father of a two-year-old Martin Bruckner brings them to life with a series of bizarre and often funny drawings. You can check them out here and on Bruckner’s Facebook page, Spaghetti Toes, which was inspired after overhearing his wife tell his daughter not to put spaghetti between her toes. (Who hasn’t wanted to do that?)
1. A reminder to never eat Darth Vader.
2. Good question!
3. It’s a real whodunit.
4. You’ve heard of granny panties.
5. It’s good to be the princess
6. He’s much better than Saturn Dad.
7. We’ve all been there.
8. You will address him as “Your Royal Highness Daddy.”
9. Was this a deleted scene from Frozen?
10. But what else is Dad going to practice boxing with?
11. Alfred, can you pick up some fiber?
12. They did nothing to you, besides be delicious.
13. He needed a new career after destroying Tokyo.
14. DaddyMommy, can you back me up on this?
15. Dr. Octopus might try this.
16. Hopefully this gets addressed in the sequel.
17. And finally, the drawing that started it all